Turn on thread page Beta

Do you sign off texts with 'x'? watch

ReputationRep:
    I only search it up *3 on google

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by godivaontherocks)
    For sure, yeah. He's German so I was a bit worried about how he would interpret that. But my boyfriend is also German and told me he probably wouldn't care. Although maybe he said this for my peace of mind... That tutor is also usually very formal, more than most lecturers so who knows what he thought of it lol
    Ok so the next day when you saw him after the legend "x" text...? *butters popcorn*

ReputationRep:
    I will only do it if:
    1. The other person started it
    2. I don't really know the person well and want to be nice to them
    3. If I am sending the first text (I won't do it for every text because that's pointless)

And will usually use a variety of "x", "xo" and "xx"

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by godivaontherocks)
    For sure, yeah. He's German so I was a bit worried about how he would interpret that. But my boyfriend is also German and told me he probably wouldn't care. Although maybe he said this for my peace of mind... That tutor is also usually very formal, more than most lecturers so who knows what he thought of it lol
    At least it didn't.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Sometimes. But it's usually to annoy people. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maggie_O)
    Ok so the next day when you saw him after the legend "x" text...? *butters popcorn*
    Lol well he blushed a LOT. But then he's always blushing. I think part of the reason he's so formal compared to my other lecturers and piano tutors is that he's quite shy and feels awkward teaching sometimes. I'm pretty certain I remember that he wasn't quite meeting my eyes that day though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by United1892)
    At least it didn't.
    lol at least didn't?

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes but I never know when to and how many x's to use. It's a weird habit, I find it cringey too xx

(Original post by keromedic)
    Sometimes. But it's usually to annoying people. xx

xx to you too

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't think Ive ever done it or maybe a few times bc the other person kept doing it so it made me feel somewhat guilty aha otherwise my texts usually just end with a fullstop.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh I always do it. or put the kiss emoji.

xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    very rarely. No real reaso, it's just not something I ever got into the habit of I guess. I mainly do it as a joke to a friend but that's about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheonixfeather3)
    Family, yes. Best friend, when I say night. Everyone else, no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Am i special haha :P

ReputationRep:
    Only to my mum, boyfriend and best friend

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It honestly depends on who I'm messaging (as I send kisses via texts, fb messenger etc.). If I'm messaging a family member, I'll send two kisses. If I'm messaging my closest friends, I'll probably send one kiss but sometimes more maybe with spaces in between them based on how close we are!

ReputationRep:
    No

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    I can't do it for some reason and find it cringey
    I only do it if I would actually kiss the person in real life too, I would not do it to my supervisor or my colleagues at work. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    sometimes, if im being sarcastic or if its to my parents

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2016
Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.