Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Who likes eating eggs here? watch

Announcements
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    I'll probably stop(or cut down on) eating eggs and less luxury stuff like meat n chicken when I go to university

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    ChickenMadness
    hi

ReputationRep:
    I like eggs. Who doesn't?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Out of interest would you apply the same apathy if we were talking about slavery?
    Of course not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    Watch this documentary about eggs and chicks:

Very interesting. Has it put you off eggs? The meat and dairy industries are awful. Think about where your food really comes from. Go Vegan for the animals! :woo:
    I watched your video. I must confess, I felt very bad. I feel sorry for the chicks and as someone who would probably fry about 3 eggs in the next 5 hours for my breakfast, im put off. Maybe I should wait for a couple of days then the effect your video had on me would have worn off.

I have killed countless chickens and some goats myself but I am appalled how this company operate. It is sickening watching them throw the males to be crushed just because they don't lay eggs.

In fact for that treatment of the males, im gonna eat 4 eggs in the morning. Damn..

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to watch the video bc I don't want to stop eating eggs.~

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    HA! I don't like eggs :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    Of course not?
    Where is the relevant moral distinction?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Where is the relevant moral distinction?
    I personally have no qualms with eating meat and/or foods derived from animals. This is in stark contrast to something such as slavery. I guess I just don't place as much thought/emphasis on animal life as I do human.

ReputationRep:
    It's disheartening but I'm pretty sure I'll have an egg soon. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    I'll probably stop(or cut down on) eating eggs and less luxury stuff like meat n chicken when I go to university
    Eggs are one of the cheapest foods. Thats what i was eatinf when i was on my £5 a week fitness diet lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by empressbethie)
    Yay vegan love
    Have you tried a chickpea flour omelette?
    I can't say I have. I've never eaten an omlette either. I've been a lacto vegetarian for 27.5years, and a vegan for nearly 1.5 years. I've never eaten meat or eggs. I confess I had egg in cakes and stuff when I was a vegetarian but not since like 2011 I don't think. Slowly started cutting out all animal products

ReputationRep:
    I can't say I have. I've never eaten an omlette either. I've been a lacto vegetarian for 27.5years, and a vegan for nearly 1.5 years. I've never eaten meat or eggs. I confess I had egg in cakes and stuff when I was a vegetarian but not since like 2011 I don't think. Slowly started cutting out all animal products
    They're definitely worth trying Tastier than an egg one I think- don't get the indigestion afterwards. I went veggie and 9 and vegan at 13, so about 4 years ago. You're lucky to have never eaten meat- my family all eat it so I ate it until I figured out what it was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    I personally have no qualms with eating meat and/or foods derived from animals. This is in stark contrast to something such as slavery. I guess I just don't place as much thought/emphasis on animal life as I do human.
    So what quality is it that humans have to make them universally more potent moral subjects?

ReputationRep:
    So what quality is it that humans have to make them universally more potent moral subjects?
    Are you a vegan perchance?

ReputationRep:
    Eggs are still a cheap source of protein and vital nutrients. Would you rather people be malnourished because they cannot afford more expensive alternatives?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    Eggs are still a cheap source of protein and vital nutrients. Would you rather people be malnourished because they cannot afford more expensive alternatives?
    Poor argument. You can get protein and nutrients from tofu, nuts, leguminous vegetables, beans. All cheaper than eggs.

ReputationRep:
    Gram for gram, lentils are about three times cheaper than eggs, and are also a great source of protein, iron and fibre without any of the cholesterol that eggs have.

ReputationRep:
    Poor argument. You can get protein and nutrients from tofu, nuts, leguminous vegetables, beans. All cheaper than eggs.
    Not remotely true.

For every 100g of Sainsbury's horridly farmed eggs you get 14.1g of protein at the cost of £0.155.

For every 100g of Mori-Nu Silken Tofu Firm you get 6.6g of protein at the cost of £0.401.

So to get the same amount of protein from tofu compared to that lousy quality Sainsbury's egg, you'll have to spend £0.857 - 5.52 times what you'd spend on those low-quality eggs.

I guess veganism is a rich person's cause.

ReputationRep:
    Not remotely true.

For every 100g of Sainsbury's horridly farmed eggs you get 14.1g of protein at the cost of £0.155.

For every 100g of Mori-Nu Silken Tofu Firm you get 6.6g of protein at the cost of £0.401.

So to get the same amount of protein from tofu compared to that lousy quality Sainsbury's egg, you'll have to spend £0.857 - 5.52 times what you'd spend on those low-quality eggs.

I guess veganism is a rich person's cause.
    You can get tofu cheaper than that from a chinese shop. and lentils are a good source of protein and cheaper than eggs. I am poor and vegan, so I don't buy that it's for rich people. Eating eggs and cheese and milk is for rich people as they are more expensive than plants.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.