Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Camp America 2016 watch

Announcements
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by shanjo4)
    How long does it usually take for Camp America to process you application?
    It depends on how long it takes for us to gain the references from your referees! If you let me know your full name I can look into this for you! - Sophie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camp America)
    It depends on how long it takes for us to gain the references from your referees! If you let me know your full name I can look into this for you! - Sophie
    Hi Sophie,
    That would be great thank you its Shannon Lenton

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sophie,
    That would be great thank you its Shannon Lenton
    Hey! We've sent out reference requests to your referees so as soon as they fill them out you can move forward! You can always email them to give them a push too! - Sophie

ReputationRep:
    Hey! We've sent out reference requests to your referees so as soon as they fill them out you can move forward! You can always email them to give them a push too! - Sophie
    Hey Thank you for doing this, but I've just contacted my referees and they have both said they haven't been contacted yet... Where should I go from here?? Thanks, Shannon

ReputationRep:
    Hey Thank you for doing this, but I've just contacted my referees and they have both said they haven't been contacted yet... Where should I go from here?? Thanks, Shannon
    Hey! I've just let my colleague know in the reference department and he has just resent this request to them! Let them know to also check junk too - Sophie

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I've just let my colleague know in the reference department and he has just resent this request to them! Let them know to also check junk too - Sophie
    Hi Sophie, great one has now been received however I have now found that I have put the wrong email address for the other reference, but I can't edit it on my application. What should I do about this.. its the one for D. Griffiths.. should I personal message you their actual email?? Thanks, Shannon

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sophie, great one has now been received however I have now found that I have put the wrong email address for the other reference, but I can't edit it on my application. What should I do about this.. its the one for D. Griffiths.. should I personal message you their actual email?? Thanks, Shannon
    Hello Shannon! No problem - if you email the correct reference to [email protected] we can amend this on your account and resend it to them! - Sophie

ReputationRep:
    Im in the same boat here, I've just been 'placed' on the camp america website, but at a very riding orientated camp, which although I've had horses all of my life and my interviewer picked up on and stated that was essential, it isn't what i want to get out of my experience. I am happy to assist where needed but had my heart set on a more traditional style camp whereas at the one i have been placed at they live in a school rather than cabins and don't seem to have a true 'camp vibe', maybe i have unrealistic ideas, but i really wanted something a little more traditionally camp orientated.
    If i reject it are the chances of finding another camp still high at this stage?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotte711)
    Im in the same boat here, I've just been 'placed' on the camp america website, but at a very riding orientated camp, which although I've had horses all of my life and my interviewer picked up on and stated that was essential, it isn't what i want to get out of my experience. I am happy to assist where needed but had my heart set on a more traditional style camp whereas at the one i have been placed at they live in a school rather than cabins and don't seem to have a true 'camp vibe', maybe i have unrealistic ideas, but i really wanted something a little more traditionally camp orientated.
    If i reject it are the chances of finding another camp still high at this stage?
    Thanks.
    Hey Charlotte! That's completely fine and we do understand that you may want a different experience for your summer. I'd recommend skyping the camp to see if you can still get involved in other activities, and if you don't want to take the placement then you'll just need to email [email protected] with your reasons for rejecting the placement. We cannot say your placement chances but we still have lots of time left in our hiring season for you to be placed again - Sophie

ReputationRep:
    Hi All About Drama, I am beginning an application for next years summer camp and would love to hear your advise! I am worried- Ive heard that Camp America is just money grabbing- that other Companies like CCUSA ect offer the exact same thing but better money and lower fees. Ive also heard there's lots of drama at the camps and it wasn't a great experience. Id love to just get your feedback as it is something I am very interested in. Thanks!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by TaylaPellberg)
    Hi All About Drama, I am beginning an application for next years summer camp and would love to hear your advise! I am worried- Ive heard that Camp America is just money grabbing- that other Companies like CCUSA ect offer the exact same thing but better money and lower fees. Ive also heard there's lots of drama at the camps and it wasn't a great experience. Id love to just get your feedback as it is something I am very interested in. Thanks!
    Hey Tayla! It's great to hear you're interested in working on a summer camp in the USA. I've worked on a camp for 5 years now and have had the absolute time of my life!

The reason Camp America offer the price we do is because we offer an all inclusive package. We're the only company that are a J1 visa sponsor and also include your flights to camp, transport to camp, a stay in our arrivals hotel alongside 24/7 support in the USA from our American office. You can earn up to $1200 on our programme and although it isn't a huge amount of money, it's all about the incredible experience you gain from it! If you're looking to make the most of your summer break by having a rewarding experience and changing lives, then Camp America is definitely a fantastic option for you.

Let me know if you have any questions at all about the programme or the experience and I'll be more than happy to help you out. Thanks! - Sophie

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.