x Turn on thread page Beta

Your favourite type of TSR troll watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I like all the farcical thread titles :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowKiwi)
    The comments in that thread had me in literal tears omg :rofl: :rofl:
    What the. I never seen this. can you link it to me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot700)
    What the. I never seen this. can you link it to me?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3667941

Enjoy it m8, it gave me such a good laugh :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    No. I have a plan to seize all the MOD depot's and bases in Cumberland. With the support of the Aristocracy and Church, I would take over the government and setup my own government. Then moved to defend the newly independent Protestant state of Cumberland against your tyrannical onslaught.
    When that touches your lips, like nothing you ever tasted

*grabs baseball bat*

*grabs passport*

*books ticket to Colombia*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowKiwi)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3667941

Enjoy it m8, it gave me such a good laugh :moon:
    Where does it say anything about him being her grandad? It's funny though.

ReputationRep:
    It's simple

ReputationRep:
    Bill Gates is a quality troll.

I love him and hate him at the same time.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    This is why trolls suck nowadays. Their aim is simply to get people angry, so who TF is going to find them funny other than themselves??? Any idiot can post offensive things or goad people, and there's 0 comedy value in it

I've done a bit of trolling in my time and the aim was always to bemuse, confuse and/or fool, but above all, make people believe you're being genuine which trolls don't seek to have the grasp of now.
    One tactic was to play dumb and claim absurd ideas as fact and counter-argue against everyone trying to talk sense into you (for example, in an old fitness thread I claimed that exercise balls are an effective replacement for a bench to do bench pressing and other heavy freeweight exercises, and posted science studies about mass and weight distribution that had nothing to do with what was being discussed - bemusion and confusion ).
    Another was to come up with a relatively non-offensive dilemma that would split the crowd and get people in serious debate over something non-existant (for example, in a past thread I told a true story about how my best mate's step mum let it slip that she finds me sexually attractive, but then added a totally farcical tale about how I was considering making a move on her, how my mate's dad is a tool and doesn't treat her right, but I didn't want to potentially want to ruin the friendship and couldn't decide what to do).

The other day I decided to try my hand at trolling again with one of my favourite tactics, the misleading thread title that seems ludicrous but turns out to be totally innocent in context - the thread went down a treat and clearly everyone enjoyed it

ReputationRep:
    My favorite kind is the one who makes a new 'I bought a ferrari' 'I live in a 8 bedroom mansion in Kensington' 'Im a millionaire doctor' thread everyday when we all know he is some kid who failed his GCSE's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    My favorite kind is the one who makes a new 'I bought a ferrari' 'I live in a 8 bedroom mansion in Kensington' 'Im a millionaire doctor' thread everyday when we all know he is some kid who failed his GCSE's
    Awesome Genius

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Bill Gates is a quality troll.

I love him and hate him at the same time.
    I honestly cant figure out when he is trolling and when he is serious...

ReputationRep:
    Ill give it to you, you're an arse but a lot of what you says makes me laugh. I can't imagine you coming out with the kind of stuff you do come out with on here in real life. If you did i'd dislike you, but i brush it off on here.
    So basically, if they're funny..perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    Where does it say anything about him being her grandad? It's funny though.
    He's not actually her grandad lmao, that would be vile :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mpagtches)
    The great big hairy ones :troll:
    *thinks dirty thawts*

ReputationRep:
    The troll who parodies some of the annoying stuff on here, only the first one for a topic. Woody is a top example.

ReputationRep:
    It is too easy to troll people on the TSR. I believe being left wing reduces your ability to sense sarcasm and increases your ability to be gullible. I could say I masterminded WW1 and these people will actually believe me. It is too funny.

ReputationRep:
    The click bait was pretty funny and well done by woodymkc.
    That grandad relationship also got trolled pretty hard :\
    There's swedishredhead, who pretends to be a hugely aggressive alpha male that trolls on the insecure teenage boys and their problems 😩
    Then there are the dupe accounts that you missed out : SweetnSour, CherrieArmour or whatever her name was. They keep getting banned causing controversy and coming back

(Original post by CoolCavy)
    i have been personally targetted by trolls. i wil not go into detail as i don't want to betray the mods. why should i close my threads about animals and things just because a troll wants to be nasty for no good reason.
    Awwww who was horrible to you? Tell me and I'll sort them out

Haha people need to stop being horrible to others and chill out a bit

ReputationRep:
    Remember once on a thread about ghosts
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3639761

Probably my badman thread man.

ReputationRep:
    The big elaborate story where the guy went to school dressed as a Star Wars character or something, and ended up leaving notes In someone's locker and was worried he was going to get expelled... my memory is a little foggy as I think the post came from about 2009 but it was brilliant

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.