Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simbasdragon)
    I go two unconditionals today from Birmingham and Nottingham for English .
    Ooooo I'm in L6th and looking at Nottingham for English! What were your GCSE/AS grades and A level subjects if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiera28)
    Ooooo I'm in L6th and looking at Nottingham for English! What were your GCSE/AS grades and A level subjects if you don't mind me asking?
    I do English lit, history, rs and classical civilisation.

GCSE's: 4A*,4A,2B
    As: AAAA, predicted 4A* at A2.

ReputationRep:
    I do English lit, history, rs and classical civilisation.

GCSE's: 4A*,4A,2B
    As: AAAA, predicted 4A* at A2.
    Ooo congrats!! I do English Lit, Classical Civilisation and RS too! (And Politics). And I got 4A*s 3As 3Bs at GCSE (you beat me but still spooky lol) Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiera28)
    Ooo congrats!! I do English Lit, Classical Civilisation and RS too! (And Politics). And I got 4A*s 3As 3Bs at GCSE (you beat me but still spooky lol) Thanks!
    Haha that is weird! Just work hard this year and youl be fine

ReputationRep:
    Haha that is weird! Just work hard this year and youl be fine
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mesosleepy)
    So if you get an unconditional, you can miss all your exams and get accepted in?
    No, you cannot. The unconditional means that you you are allowed in regardless of your results doesn't mean you can not have some sort of results. This means you have to sit the exam and not doing so you are breaking the agreement and it is your responsibility to contact Ucas/ the university. Don't jeopardize your unconditional by not sitting the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trad1998)
    I got an unconditional offer for Law at Leicester yesterday.
    What grades did you get at AS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by palakattu42)
    What grades did you get at AS?
    ABBB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by professor to be)
    I've had three offers so far one of which is unconditional if I make it my firm choice. They are making the decision very hard.
    What uni was this for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trad1998)
    I got an unconditional offer for Law at Leicester yesterday.
    Well done! What are you predictions for A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yup

ReputationRep:
    I got one from Keele for History today, as long as I put it as my firm, otherwise it will be ABB. It is my 5th choice though, so unless I don't get any more offers, I'll put it as my insurance so it goes to ABB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kglenc97)
    Well done! What are you predictions for A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A A A A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oswalds)
    I got one from Keele for History today, as long as I put it as my firm, otherwise it will be ABB. It is my 5th choice though, so unless I don't get any more offers, I'll put it as my insurance so it goes to ABB.
    Do the university contract you to tell you to put them as a firm choice or??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kglenc97)
    Do the university contract you to tell you to put them as a firm choice or??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, it just showed up on my UCAS track. This is what it says exactly.

"This offer is subject to you obtaining GCE A-Level grades ABB. We are pleased to offer you a place under our Unconditional Offer Scheme - this means that if you accept Keele as your firm choice the conditions above will no longer apply. You will then automatically be made unconditional. Please note you are still expected to complete the studies leading to your prospective qualifications."

ReputationRep:
    Yep About 2 weeks ago from Leeds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oswalds)
    No, it just showed up on my UCAS track. This is what it says exactly.

"This offer is subject to you obtaining GCE A-Level grades ABB. We are pleased to offer you a place under our Unconditional Offer Scheme - this means that if you accept Keele as your firm choice the conditions above will no longer apply. You will then automatically be made unconditional. Please note you are still expected to complete the studies leading to your prospective qualifications."
    Oh ok cool! Gutted I didn't receive that haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emilyjmitchell)
    Has any one else got an unconditional offer? Just curious
    Ya, I got one from Newcastle for Law

ReputationRep:
    Got an unconditional from Birmingham a couple of weeks ago. Offers from 4/5 of my unis so far so pretty happy I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swanseajack1)
    certain universities are making unconditional offers. It started with Birmingham who were offering unconditional offers to applicants where the predicted grades were AAA. Since then numerous other unis have started doing this including Lancaster and Leicester. A university doesn't necessarily do it for every subject though. The reason behind all this is that pre 2012 every uni had a set quota they could take on. If they exceeded these numbers they got fined. Since the caps have been removed some universities have increased their intake so others were not filling theirs. This is why they are making unconditional offers and usually only if you make them your firm choice. I hope this helps explain what is happening
    Surely mature students should get unconditional offers? Or are there other conditions?

i.e. me, I took my A-Levels in 2011, got my grades and have had experience since, would they be able to offer me a conditional as in "conditional if you use us as your first choice" ? Just curious if you know or anyone else does because at an open day someone said that if I made their uni my first choice then I would surely get in but I thought to myself I can't do that unless you offer me something

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.