x Turn on thread page Beta

What is the most annoying question you get asked the most? watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by chantalc)
    "where are you really from?"
    This. Or some minor variation on the question, but essentially asking the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    'why do you speak up for and defend muslim or islam when you're not a muslim yourself?'.

well that's because I respect people from all races and religious backgrounds. this is how I was raised and I will hold dear to these principles forever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caitlin_Is_Lame)
    Ikr, you would think people have never seen curly hair before XD
    LOOL it's so annoying especially because I have tight curls so it clearly looks like it's natural and not like I used a curling wand or something.

ReputationRep:
    Person: How did you get your hair that curly?!
    Me: It's just like that :|
    Repped, behen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abruiseonthesky)
    "How can you live without cheese/bacon?!"//"But where do you get your protein from?"
    I can relate to this. Some people when they find out I'm vegetarian are genuinely surprised to hear that there are sources of protein that don't come from animals, no I don't get constant cravings for bacon & in fact I'm not tempted to eat meat in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    Ikr, you would think people have never seen curly hair before XD
    They're probably astounded by the beauty and kinda tactlessly complimenting you, I'd say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    LOOL it's so annoying especially because I have tight curls so it clearly looks like it's natural and not like I used a curling wand or something.
    Tight curls, like African texture?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a social life? But how do you get good grades if you have a social life?

Erm.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rat poison)

"Is your eye color real?" (hazel eyes)
    ah that happens to me, my eyes are like hazel/green ugh

ReputationRep:
    lool I get that as well!! Are you Indian or something?

I am male East Indian but had a long curly ponytail as a teen and [black] girls would ask me if my hair is real....like I'm male wearing weave Idk so random lol not offended just random. Or, "how did it get that long?" I'd just be like Idk ask Jesus
    No, I am actually black xD . But my hair is extremely thick and curly
    something like that but it's natural. Literally I get asked at least once a week if my hair is naturally curly/how did i get it so curly. I had 3 strangers from no where ask me it before like wtf lool. LOOL that's soo funny, a male wearing weave you know aha. But yeah it's always black girls asking if my hair is real.

ReputationRep:
    Tight ucurls, like African texture?
    yes, but with a visible curl pattern. People ask me if my hair is naturally like that all the time. so annoying.

ReputationRep:
    "Why do you act so white?"

Wtaf how do I even respond to that? (considering I am not white and pretty sure you cannot act a colour lol -.- )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did you pay for those?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelcake123)

Wtaf how do I even respond to that? (considering I am not white and pretty sure you cannot act a colour lol -.- )

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've had this one as well. I'm mixed race black/ white & apparently I'm 'acting white' if I don't conform to some peoples stereotype of what they expect a black person to be like.

ReputationRep:
    "Please say -insert utterly random phrase". Because of my accent and some people online who have just heard my voice ask me to say something random.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    No, I am actually black xD . But my hair is extremely thick and curly
    something like that but it's natural. Literally I get asked at least once a week if my hair is naturally curly/how did i get it so curly. I had 3 strangers from no where ask me it before like wtf lool. LOOL that's soo funny, a male wearing weave you know aha. But yeah it's always black girls asking if my hair is real.
    Lol yea I see, so it probably is just tactless compliments then. I have hair like the photo you put up when my hair was long lol
    like man-bun and long black curls lool it was like this
    Spoiler:
    Show
    but it's cut way down now as an adult. Can't manage it anymore and want a more professional look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alesha1991)
    I've had this one as well. I'm mixed race black/ white & apparently I'm 'acting white' if I don't conform to some peoples stereotype of what they expect a black person to be like.
    this is so disgusting. You cant act a skin tone :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelcake123)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ugh, Ive had that. got called a 'coconut' numerous times

ReputationRep:
    ugh, Ive had that. got called a 'coconut' numerous times
    I have been called an oreo before
    Partly cause i cant dance to save my life

ReputationRep:
    this question and when i am asked my age and i reply 16. and they look at me like you dont look 16 you look older
    "where are you really from?"

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.