Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it racist if you won't date some races? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bealzibub)
    but by definition it is though, i'm not dating them purely because they are of a different race. How would I argue it's okay, if I say i won't date x race of women and someone says it's racist?
    You will admit to being racist, but extend it by admitting also that you're sexist because you won't date men, you're homophobic because you wouldn't want a lesbian wife, you're transphobic because you'd only date people who could bear you children, you're ablest because you wouldn't go for a psychopath serial killer, and you're ageist because you wouldn't date anyone under 16.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE)
    if you say "blacks are my least favourite, but i could date them" it's a preference

if you say "i could never date a black guy/girl" =racism

preference means that its possible

TSR is so racist
    'I'm gay, I could never date a girl.' = sexism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rat poison)
    Kind of.

To say, "I'm not attracted to anyone in this whole entire race."

Wow. So you've made up your mind that you will not see not one attractive or worthy person in a whole group that, just by saying this, you've clearly not explored.

Also when people understand the psychology of attraction,
    they will know that there is so much going on in their minds every millisecond when you are looking at someone. And you can be unattracted to someone moment you glance at them, sometimes not even looking at them at all.

This is because there are things you deep down search for in a mate and if you don't see it on someone, you won't bother with them.

So for you to apply this complexity to a race, that is

racist.
    Kind of.To say, "I'm not attracted to anyone in this whole entire sex."Wow. So you've made up your mind that you will not see not one attractive or worthy person in a whole group that, just by saying this, you've clearly not explored.Also when people understand the psychology of attraction,they will know that there is so much going on in their minds every millisecond when you are looking at someone. And you can be unattracted to someone moment you glance at them, sometimes not even looking at them at all.This is because there are things you deep down search for in a mate and if you don't see it on someone, you won't bother with them.So for you to apply this complexity to a sex, that issexist.

ReputationRep:
    It isn't as I don't even like girls of my own race (Oriental). All the girls I find attractive are white. However white girls never go for Oriental guys. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    Kind of.To say, "I'm not attracted to anyone in this whole entire sex."Wow. So you've made up your mind that you will not see not one attractive or worthy person in a whole group that, just by saying this, you've clearly not explored.Also when people understand the psychology of attraction,they will know that there is so much going on in their minds every millisecond when you are looking at someone. And you can be unattracted to someone moment you glance at them, sometimes not even looking at them at all.This is because there are things you deep down search for in a mate and if you don't see it on someone, you won't bother with them.So for you to apply this complexity to a sex, that issexist.
    Did you just copy and paste what I said..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    How dare you diminish the problems I have been facing in my life! Stop oppressing me!
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    Thank you for using the gender-neutral pronoun which does not trigger me.
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    Wtf is this a troll?? omg

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooool

ReputationRep:
    Did you just copy and paste what I said..?
    No. Did you even read?

ReputationRep:
    No. Did you even read?
    Why the **** would I read a block of spaceless text. If you have a point, take your time to make it presentable.

ReputationRep:
    Why the **** would I read a block of spaceless text. If you have a point, take your time to make it presentable.
    It's TSR's problem, not mine. I didn't do it in one block of spaceless text. Not that it's actually 'spaceless'.

ReputationRep:
    It's TSR's problem, not mine. I didn't do it in one block of spaceless text. Not that it's actually 'spaceless'.

Well this has been an enlightening conversation. Bye now.

ReputationRep:

Well this has been an enlightening conversation. Bye now.
    Bye.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it's racist. It assumes all people of one race are the same. Disliking oranges is a preference because they're all the same, finding black women unattractive is racist because they're not all the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothereforthat)
    Yes it's racist. It assumes all people of one race are the same. Disliking oranges is a preference because they're all the same, finding black women unattractive is racist because they're not all the same.
    That's fruitism!

Did you know that there are several varieties of Orange? Seedless, seeded, late season, early season, etc. There's Navel, there's Mandarin, there's Valencia, Hamlin, Acidless. There are even some reddish ones. Really, there are more kinds than you can imagine.

Get yourself educated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange...Common_oranges

ReputationRep:
    'I'm gay, I could never date a girl.' = sexism
    Homosexuality is innate. you are biologically not attracted women. attraction in terms of race is determined by society. the reason youre not into black girls is because society tells you they're ugly (indirectly and at times directly)

ReputationRep:
    But Where do you draw the line .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wildleaves)
    But Where do you draw the line .

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why cant you just be done to **** anyone dude?

***** ass punk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE)
    Homosexuality is innate. you are biologically not attracted women. attraction in terms of race is determined by society. the reason youre not into black girls is because society tells you they're ugly (indirectly and at times directly)
    Assertions.

ReputationRep:
    Assertions.
    it's Fact lad

Mono race people can have kids who look nothing like them. Mixed babies are cute as hell.

ReputationRep:
    Not racist in the slightest. You have to **** people you have things in common with. If you're a hipster, someone who likes the Smiths is probably going to be a better match than someone who likes Jedward. If you're black, you're probably not going to like haggis or the movie Zulu (things I very much enjoy). It doesn't all come down to simply not wanting to have children who don't look like you, which obviously is a problem no matter what the PC-brigade wanna say.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.