ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViewsFromSi6)
    They eat their own sh*t

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would put my money on a pig in my closest local farm is cleaner than you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onde)

Checkmate.
    The word Salmonella may bring to mind images of eggs or raw chicken, but the latest outbreak of the bacteria was caused by greens resulting in the recall of certain veggies in 15 states.The bacteria Salmonella enteritidis (also referred to as S. enteritidis) can get inside of hens and eggs due to unsanitary coop conditions, but can also thrive on the surface of fruits and vegetables. This occurs when the water used to irrigate food crops is drawn from wells that are near livestock, which can cause fecal bacteria to spread through the water to the food, Doug Powell, associate professor of food safety at Kansas State University, told Life's Little Mysteries .

When manure is used to fertilize soil, bacteria can easily colonize the plants. Farm workers need to be careful when they handle crops, because bacteria on their hands can transfer to the crops. And although it happens rarely, bacteria in soil can also be taken up by the roots of plants and remain inside the plant's veins, where they would be impossible to remove by washing, according to Powell.

http://www.livescience.com/32909-sal...le-recall.html

ReputationRep:
    You do know most people cut their 4skin regardless of religion or race

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No they dont, you've lost all credibility by consistently lying :laugh:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I will wager you won't chastise your spouse for sucking your own pork.

ReputationRep:
    fascinatingly enough, eating the muscle and fat of an animal isnt the same as eating the contents of its stomach while alive! crazy, right? if you ate brocolli that wouldnt suddenly turn your muscles into brocolli. what pigs eat isnt directly going to affect what you ingest when you eat them. would you eat grass? cows eat it so if you eat beef you must also love eating grass! i mean, youre eating a COOKED slice of the dead animal, not giving it a french kiss. and also, you seen to be worried about it being dirty. what do you think is going to happen, you'll catch pig poo disease? if its been cut and refridgerated then cooked/cured then it doesnt really make sense to still be worried

not thati eat pork as im a pescatarian, and i never really liked the taste ether, but christ, its not gonna be more dirty than eating a battery farm chicken thats been locked up festering in a tiny cage, drugged up, for its whole life then injected with water so that they look nice and plump on supermarket shelves.

ReputationRep:
    With all due respect, not eating pork is just a religious tradition, with no scientific base whatsoever. However, I do respect your choice, shouldn't you do the same with ours?

It might be true that centuries ago, some ilnesses were transmitted by eating pork, and that's probably the origin of the tradition. Nowadays it's out of date, everything you can buy at the supermarket has been tested infinite times to prevent this from happening. Therefore, eating pork is not worse or more disgusting than eating anything else.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No they don't. The majority of men are NOT circumcised. It's a disgusting, barbaric practice, that serves utterly no purpose, aside from Phimosis. All it does it ruin sexual please for men.

ReputationRep:
    May i remind you OP that pigs are one of the most intelligent animals on the planet.

Therefore i dont know what that makes you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phipp91)
    No they don't. The majority of men are NOT circumcised. It's a disgusting, barbaric practice, that serves utterly no purpose, aside from Phimosis. All it does it ruin sexual please for men.
    Quite ironic really. Muslims will claim that Allah created everything in his perfect knowledge, so why did he create men with foreskins which he then wants removed? Why not create them without it in the first place? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I eat pork but it's not great, it's a fairly cheap tasting low quality meat.

Lamb is much better.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't matter. It's been proven it's bad for humans

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    it's a fairly cheap tasting.
    Only if you don't know how to cook it properly. At least 90% of people overcook pork and then it is dry. Cook it properly and it tastes great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Quite ironic really. Muslims will claim that Allah created everything in his perfect knowledge, so why did he create men with foreskins which he then wants removed? Why not create them without it in the first place? :holmes:
    You're dumb if you believe that, that is clearly not true

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonkatt)
    Bacon

Sausages

Roast pork belly (with cider gravy)

All things of magnificence.
    Ye causes cancer, yum! http://news.sky.com/story/1576118/sa...ted-by-experts

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onde)

Checkmate.
    That might just be because people just aren't very careful with vegetables though...I know I'm not!
    If its going off a bit I'm just like meh *chops that bit off'. Half the time I don't even really wash them...

Like that graph would also suggest you're more likely to get sick off beef than chicken by that logic which clearly isn't true - people are just way more careful with chicken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saxsan4)
    Oh yea http://news.sky.com/story/1576118/sa...ted-by-experts

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a big fan of pork... Or meat in general really. But I've got no special vendetta against it.

I DO wish we could grow meat in a laboratory though so animals don't need to suffer and die. Surely we must almost be at the stage of being able to do this, given we can grow organs from a few cells? Sorry if I'm being dumb here - I got my A* in biology GCSE then promptly forgot everything after dropping it :P

EDIT: Just googled and omg people are actually working on this!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-23576143

ReputationRep:
    You're dumb if you believe that, that is clearly not true

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It appears to be.

ReputationRep:
    This thread

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.