Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

tan or pale? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasaminO_o)
    why so I can be called "wotsit girl" again nah m8 once was bad enough lololol
    loool aw I was joking, lovely.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by rat poison)
    No??? The Chinese media. The western media ignores Asians, doofus.

Actual Asian media celebrates dark Asians.
    I could give a list but I'm sure you know this.

I pray one day you find love for yourself.
    But if you're naturally pale don't go walking around thinking you're better than someone else. It's skin. You could be pale and still be a moron or something.
    do u actually watch the chinese media...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    do u actually watch the chinese media...
    why

ReputationRep:
    Can we stop bullying ihatePE now please thanks x
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    why
    because the whole of east asia is crazy about pure white skin, media and social
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    thanks, i do feel threatened

ReputationRep:
    because the whole of east asia is crazy about pure white skin, media and social
    I know it is, I told you I know about bai fu mei, gao fu shuai. But I've still seen "tall, dark, handsome" type actors. The Chinese are made fun of all the time in the west for altering their gorgeous ethnic traits to look white. You don't have to tell me.

ReputationRep:
    We who? And where is the bullying? I'm asking a capable adult to explain his sentiments about a very controversial subject.

ReputationRep:
    Don't let it get to you, you're not hurting anyone and if you like it, keep doing it. You don't need to justify yourself x

ReputationRep:
    how, stop

ReputationRep:
    if you like it, keep doing it.
    wait what's he doing? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    We who? And where is the bullying? I'm asking a capable adult to explain his sentiments about a very controversial subject.
    I was refering to many other users commenting on his sense of self-worth. It's nothing that we need to get involved with, it's his own business

ReputationRep:
    wait what's he doing? :erm:
    staying out of the sun, it's up to him

ReputationRep:
    I was refering to many other users commenting on his sense of self-worth. It's nothing that we need to get involved with, it's his own business
    the thread is only 3 pages and my conversation with him takes up almost 2 pages...

ReputationRep:
    staying out of the sun, it's up to him
    is he vampire? sounds kind of ridiculous but I don't expect someone with pale skin to understand why his concerns about his skin shade would be offensive. why are you positively reinforcing something like this?

ReputationRep:
    I feel threatened that you are "obsessed" with skin color...you made the theead kid, what reaction were you expecting?

"Oh ok hate dark skin, that's fine!"
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I feel threatened that you are "obsessed" with skin color...you made the theead kid, what reaction were you expecting?

"Oh ok hate dark skin, that's fine!"
    it's nothing racist, im happy with my skin colour, and happy that others are too, im just asking if you like to lighten or darken your natural colour a bit more.

ReputationRep:
    is he vampire? sounds kind of ridiculous but I don't expect someone with pale skin to understand why his concerns about his skin shade would be offensive. why are you positively reinforcing something like this?
    No but I am a human, I have empathy. Of course he should be happy with his skin tone and of course he is, but if he doesn't want to get darker that's his choice. I don't condemn pale people who want to tan, so why should I condemn him?

ReputationRep:
    it's nothing racist, im happy with my skin colour, and happy that others are too, im just asking if you like to lighten or darken your natural colour a bit more.
    :nah:

ReputationRep:
    I don't condemn pale people who want to tan
    For one please stop sensationalizing using words like "bullying" and "condemning." Sounds like stuff people do for reps.
    Be genuine, me and you, use your brain and not your emotions (plus, this thread isn't that deep to "empathize" at all with anything?) so understand that being pale wanting to be tanner is not the same insecurity as being dark wanting to be pale. People all know, even you, that dark skin is "condemned" in many cultures, even those with millions of naturally dark people :rofl:

And people obsessed with tanning know tans are exotic but also it accentuates muscles and curves and can have a healthy glow.

However, people who tan a lot are at risk of skin cancer so if anything both people not happy with their skin tones should be "condemned."

I am concerned about OP because he said himself that Asians do not like dark skin and are obsessed with pale skin. It's sad. Have 'empathy' for that.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.