Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zzzyax)
    lol, who goes: oh ive been raped, the first thing ill do is post on TSR lol
    I genuinely cant believe anyone would LOL at this, and the OP stated theyve been waiting to see a counsellor so this is clearly not the first thing he did.

To the OP, I'm so sorry you've experienced this, maybe try pandys, they have a males only forum which may have more ideas where to look for support if nothing else.

ReputationRep:
    That's an awful thing to happen to you and I hope you well. I can't really think of any advice which isn't already here to consider.

If you want someone to talk to, or merely someone to try cheer you up, I'm free to PM. I should be available for a short while longer tonight. Just putting that option on the table.

Again, I wish the best for you.

(Original post by amibee)
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    Sorry to butt in here with something irrelevant, but under UK law only men are capable of committing rape. Nevertheless, women can still be liable for sexual assault.
    Well done Mr Sensitive.If OP wasnt suicidal before he probably is now. Thoughtless ****-stain
    amibee Bupdeeboowah clearly showed he wasn't (trying, if he was) to be insensitive, and it might be relevant to any interactions OP may have with any services, or it might avoid confusion. I really do doubt it was just a matter of semantics for Bupdeeboowah's post.

**** off, you insensitive git. Perhaps he posted on TSR first because it offers a greater degree of anonymity and he feels shameful (wrongly so if so)(I'm pretty sure that's common in rape victims.) He may feel he can't talk to anyone immediate.

Do something other than posting in here, or any similar threads, in the future, and please don't bother to waste your time.

(Original post by pbw)
    OP says he was raped by men. so he is covered under the law right?
    Did he say that? (Genuinely don't think so.)(As in I don't think it was clarified.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    That's an awful thing to happen to you and I hope you well. I can't really think of any advice which isn't already here to consider.

If you want someone to talk to, or merely someone to try cheer you up, I'm free to PM. I should be available for a short while longer tonight. Just putting that option on the table.

Again, I wish the best for you.

amibee Bupdeeboowah clearly showed he wasn't (trying, if he was) to be insensitive, and it might be relevant to any interactions OP may have with any services, or it might avoid confusion. I really do doubt it was just a matter of semantics for Bupdeeboowah's post.

**** off, you insensitive git. Perhaps he posted on TSR first because it offers a greater degree of anonymity and he feels shameful (wrongly so if so)(I'm pretty sure that's common in rape victims.) He may feel he can't talk to anyone immediate.

Do something other than posting in here, or any similar threads, in the future, and please don't bother to waste your time.

Did he say that? (Genuinely don't think so.)(As in I don't think it was clarified.)

We've sorted this out, so...I dont really know what you want me to say?
    Also, the OP did state male.

ReputationRep:
    OP wrote in post number 28...

"call it whatever you want, I was "assaulted" by men anyway so whats your point."

ReputationRep:
    We've sorted this out, so...I dont really know what you want me to say?
    Also, the OP did state male.
    Sorry then, I must have missed that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    Sorry then, I must have missed that.
    Page 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pbw)
    OP wrote in post number 28...

"call it whatever you want, I was "assaulted" by men anyway so whats your point."
    Sorry, my fault.

(This seems to be becoming a common trend.)

ReputationRep:
    Well done Mr Sensitive.If OP wasnt suicidal before he probably is now. Thoughtless ****-stain
    WTF? He was just stating a fact. Geez

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    WTF? He was just stating a fact. Geez
    Le sigh

ReputationRep:
    How dare you apply any critical analysis to OP!!?!?! THIS IS TSR!! YOU MUST TAKE EVERYTHING AT FACE VALUE!!!1!!1!1

ReputationRep:
    Le sigh
    I sigh every time someone lashes out at another for merely stating the truth. How about with sigh together, hmm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    I sigh every time someone lashes out at another for merely stating the truth. How about with sigh together, hmm?
    Except if you had read anything other than that and realised that I took exception to the word "butt" being used in the sentence "not to butt in or anything" and having seen the poster trolling (hilariously) before, you can see why anyone would think it was out of order.
    However, we have sorted it out and the poster said it was a typo. We have since both apologised....is everything okay now Dad?

ReputationRep:
    Except if you had read anything other than that and realised that I took exception to the word "butt" being used in the sentence "not to butt in or anything" and having seen the poster trolling (hilariously) before, you can see why anyone would think it was out of order.
    However, we have sorted it out and the poster said it was a typo. We have since both apologised....is everything okay now Dad?
    Lol...I've read the whole thread so I believe I'm quite informed. Thanks for the presumptuous tide you're riding, must be fun! No I wouldn't, anyone wouldn't. So far it's probably yourself. Ah, case settled then.

I can't offer any help, but the one thing I will say is don't repress it. Get it sorted now. I was recently in a relationship with a girl who was raped well over a decade ago. She repressed it (no-one would believe her) and the damage it has done is monstrous. It's ended our relationship - for the time being at least - all this time later.

I wish everyone saw the damage rape does. I think then there'd be little opposition to ensuring that anyone who still went on to commit rape was permanently prevented from ever doing so again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I need to talk to a counselor, I need help and support. But I have tried contacting every rape crisis centre, every helpline, everything, and they all refused to talk to me because I am male, they only help women. I can't get in touch with a charity that helps male rape survivors because the government has cut all spending on support for male rape survivors. Who the **** do I talk to?? I am a mess, I can't sleep can't eat can't work, it is killing me inside.

I have been trying to talk to just a normal cousnelor but I have been on their waiting list for 10 months and nothing is happening
    http://rapecrisis.org.uk/supportformenboys.php check this website. i hope it helps.
    I am no councelor or anything like that but if you ever need to talk, you can talk to me. I hope things get better for you.

ReputationRep:
    CALMZONE is a suicide prevention charity dedicated to helping men through tough times and personal crises, including sexual assault.

I really hope the police help you and take you seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    Sorry to butt in here with something irrelevant, but under UK law only men are capable of committing rape. Nevertheless, women can still be liable for sexual assault.
    Yeah I was going to say women can rape men as rape is more for dominance rather than sexual pleasure and an erection is involuntary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubisoft)
    He is just stating what the law is (and how outdated and in need to change it is). Women still can not be prosecuted for rape, only sexual assault.
    What do you mean "counsellor crap"? Are men not allowed to get emotional help from such trauma? Should they just "man up"? Scumbag

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, it is just a troll.

ReputationRep:
    What country did it happen in, I would say that you could try and get referring to counselling by your GP or something and then just mention the rape to the counsellor.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.