Turn on thread page Beta

I'm super ill :( watch

ReputationRep:
    The Blues Brothers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    You could watch "The Visit". It's horror and a bit funny. I didn't find it scary but it's good at the end
    hmmm...I'm not convinced

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowKiwi)
    Nah I streamed a HD version a couple weeks ago so it's defo out. Pls watch, you will love it. One of my fave movies omg :ahee:
    I will do

ReputationRep:
    Get well soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Spirited Away, though Princess Mononoke and My Neighbour Totoro are very close leads.
    Yes I love them all to be fair - those ones especially! It was a tough call

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Alien is a flippin' Horror film... ¬.¬

But like most good things it can slot into a load of genres and sub genres. Sure, it;s science ficiton as well, horror has been an element of science fiction for like forever. How is Frankenstein not science fiction? How is Lovecraft not science fiction? If anything a lot of science fiction grew out of and borrows **** loads form classic horror.

It's like when snobby critics belittle fantasy and science fictions when ever anything good comes along like Song of Ice and Fire and they say that isn't really fantasy as it is good, instead it is political intrigue, tragedy and so forth. It;s called Sturgeons Law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturgeon's_law

Ehh. I don't agree.

Just by how it made me feel, not horror to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    You're tempting me!!
    You will not regret

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusbloom)
    Yes I love them all to be fair - those ones especially! It was a tough call
    I've still not seen them all, it can be a pain trying to find them online sometimes with subtitles in English or the dubbed ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    Get well soon
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    No probs Sophie.I'd recommend you drinking hot honey water.

ReputationRep:
    No probs Sophie.I'd recommend you drinking hot honey water.
    Argh that stuff makes me gag, but thanks. Almost as bad as lemsips...which actually make me vomit. Never been able to drink more than a few sips or keep it down.

ReputationRep:
    Argh that stuff makes me gag, but thanks. Almost as bad as lemsips...which actually make me vomit. Never been able to drink more than a few sips or keep it down.
    Gargle with salt water then(make sure the water is warm(ish))

ReputationRep:
    Ehh. I don't agree.

Just by how it made me feel, not horror to me.

"
    Horror is a film genre seeking to elicit a negative emotional reaction from viewers by playing on the audience's primal fears. Inspired by literature from authors like Edgar Allan Poe, Bram Stoker, and Mary Shelley, horror films have, for more than a century, featured scenes that startle the viewer. The macabre and the supernatural are frequent themes, and may overlap with the fantasy, supernatural fiction and thriller genres.[1]"

Showing graphic depictions of being eaten by the alien in Alien or being torn apart by a zombie is horror. The primal fear of being eaten by something... ¬.¬

Well anyway, If you like totally not horror sci-fi thrillers films in the vein of Alien you should watch another totally not a horror sci-fi film Invasion of the Body Snatches

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    I loved that movie! Saw it 3x at the cinema 😂😂😂 I'm so sad
    😂😂
    I have seen inception twice in the cinema in two days :lol: but 3 times that is impressive. Bet you were saying the lines to some scenes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    "
    Horror is a film genre seeking to elicit a negative emotional reaction from viewers by playing on the audience's primal fears. Inspired by literature from authors like Edgar Allan Poe, Bram Stoker, and Mary Shelley, horror films have, for more than a century, featured scenes that startle the viewer. The macabre and the supernatural are frequent themes, and may overlap with the fantasy, supernatural fiction and thriller genres.[1]"

Showing graphic depictions of being eaten by the alien in Alien or being torn apart by a zombie is horror. The primal fear of being eaten by something... ¬.¬

Well anyway, If you like totally not horror sci-fi thrillers films in the vein of Alien you should watch another totally not a horror sci-fi film Invasion of the Body Snatches
    Nah, it's a right laugh

But I don't wannnaaa

ReputationRep:
    Gargle with salt water then(make sure the water is warm(ish))
    Illicits the same gag reaction

ReputationRep:
    Only had a sore throat for the past couple of days, so thought it would pass quickly. Woke up this morning feeling sooo ill. Horrible stomach pains, blocked nose, a cough , sore throat still, pounding ears and my skin hurts to touch.

This sucks Someone recommend me some movies or something...not chick flicks or romances, hate those. Or horrors :P sorry queen bee.
    Some of my favourite movies:

Nightcrawler
    The Dark Knight
    Prisoners
    Rush
    The Prestige
    Source Code
    Interstellar
    Dallas Buyers Club
    Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
    Kingsman the Secret Service
    The Shawshank Redemption
    Inception
    The Conjuring
    Minority Report
    Warrior
    The Departed
    The Wolf of Wall Street
    Whiplash
    Birdman
    Gone Girl
    The Imitation game
    Watchmen
    Into the wild

ReputationRep:
    I've still not seen them all, it can be a pain trying to find them online sometimes with subtitles in English or the dubbed ones.
    True. I'm slowly collecting them on DVD, have seen a few at my local film festival and they showed most of them on Film4 earlier this year around March so I got my brother to record them on Sky Plus and we watched them when I came home from uni at Easter. They occasionally come on TV so watch out for that

ReputationRep:
    Only had a sore throat for the past couple of days, so thought it would pass quickly. Woke up this morning feeling sooo ill. Horrible stomach pains, blocked nose, a cough , sore throat still, pounding ears and my skin hurts to touch.

This sucks Someone recommend me some movies or something...not chick flicks or romances, hate those. Or horrors :P sorry queen bee.
    there there pooh bear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeadEnd_96)
    Some of my favourite movies:

Nightcrawler
    The Dark Knight
    Prisoners
    Rush
    The Prestige
    Source Code
    Interstellar
    Dallas Buyers Club
    Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
    Kingsman the Secret Service
    The Shawshank Redemption
    Inception
    The Conjuring
    Minority Report
    Warrior
    The Departed
    The Wolf of Wall Street
    Whiplash
    Birdman
    Gone Girl
    The Imitation game
    Watchmen
    Into the wild

:'/

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.