Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is currently happening in Punjab ( India )? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBBQ)
    Exactly, the media are keeping quiet about it. It's all over facebook and other platforms right now, and RT etc.

Oh, I had no idea you were Asian at all! But yes, we get all this praise and do so much and they don't even report things like this.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...s-violent.html

Omg LOL! Look at this! Censorship much...this video compared to the one you showed me is EXTREMELY different. Wow!

I am indeed and proud of it

ReputationRep:
    No idea what is really going on. Can't judge one way or the other. I imagine the real truth is hidden (by whom remains to be seen).

A few things are for sure, though. The Punjab police/authorities are clearly idiots. Could they not see the danger in bringing live ammunition to the protests? That was a powder keg waiting to go off, and so it has. Whoever fired those shots must be heavily punished. Imbeciles. Trying to impose a blackout in the days of online media is also idiotic. This smacks of typical SAD bumbling. They've ruined Punjab.

That said, it's clear some people (mainly Sikh separatists/extremists/Pakistanis) are looking to take advantage of the situation for their own agenda. Chances are Sikh policemen/politicians themselves are involved in abuse of Sikhs, so trying to label it a Sikh/Hindu or a Sikh/India thing is pathetic.

It's interesting that many of those most active on social media about this issue happen to be Pakistanis (as is the OP). They seem awfully eager to chime in while turning a blind eye to the human rights abuses rampant in their own Pakistan. Do they really care about Sikh lives, or are they simply shameless, opportunistic swine looking to take advantage of the situation?

I'm betting it's the latter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)

Even though I'm pretty much Atheist but my mum is Sikh so I know for a fact sikhs are not violent people, they are praised for being so peaceful, so that video is shocking, I do feel they were being interrogated clearly!
    Lol. Yeh. Except that they carry a knife around with them.

Maybe you haven't heard to the Sikhs turning up to disrupt weddings in this country.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-21721519

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    Lol. Yeh. Except that they carry a knife around with them.

Maybe you haven't heard to the Sikhs turning up to disrupt weddings in this country.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-21721519
    It's not a knife, it's a Kirpan. Atleast allow you ignorance to acknowledge the true definition of something.

Hmm...A wedding...or people be killed....a wedding ...or people being killed...guess which one I care more about?

You know what, as an Atheist, I can look at this with less subjectivity as perhaps someone who is religious and tbh yes they shouldn't have interrupted the ceremony but then again it is also an understandable situation. Not that I agree with is, but hey ho, there are important things to care about right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn!)
    No idea what is really going on. Can't judge one way or the other. I imagine the real truth is hidden (by whom remains to be seen).

A few things are for sure, though. The Punjab police/authorities are clearly idiots. Could they not see the danger in bringing live ammunition to the protests? That was a powder keg waiting to go off, and so it has. Whoever fired those shots must be heavily punished. Imbeciles. Trying to impose a blackout in the days of online media is also idiotic. This smacks of typical SAD bumbling. They've ruined Punjab.

That said, it's clear some people (mainly Sikh separatists/extremists/Pakistanis) are looking to take advantage of the situation for their own agenda. Chances are Sikh policemen/politicians themselves are involved in abuse of Sikhs, so trying to label it a Sikh/Hindu or a Sikh/India thing is pathetic.

It's interesting that many of those most active on social media about this issue happen to be Pakistanis (as is the OP). They seem awfully eager to chime in while turning a blind eye to the human rights abuses rampant in their own Pakistan. Do they really care about Sikh lives, or are they simply shameless, opportunistic swine looking to take advantage of the situation?

I'm betting it's the latter.
    Or it could be some of us Pakistanis do care about what's happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    Or it could be some of us Pakistanis do care about what's happening.
    I don't think so. I think you lot have exposed yourselves now. How shameless, trying to take advantage of this situation. If you care so much, care about the human rights abuses taking place in POK and Balochistan.

Don't try to stir up trouble for Sikhs in India.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn!)
    I don't think so. I think you lot have exposed yourselves now. How shameless, trying to take advantage of this situation. If you care so much, care about the human rights abuses taking place in POK and Balochistan.

No offence(yes offence) but you sound so narrow minded and deluded. There are people in this world that take an interest in current affairs with no other reason behind it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn!)

I do care about them, I know our government isn't the greatest, but that doesn't mean I can't take an interest in similar issues outside of Pakistan, I prefer to care about humans first.

And you're taking this off topic, to push your own anti-Pakistan agenda ironically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn!)

As someone who is an outsider in all of this i was pleasantly surprised when i saw on Facebook posts regarding whats occurring that the majority of people supporting the Sikhs were in fact Pakistanis.

ReputationRep:
    No offence(yes offence) but you sound so narrow minded and deluded. There are people in this world that take an interest in current affairs with no other reason behind it...
    This coming from the simpleton that thinks it's understandable that some Sikhs are violently preventing weddings from taking place.

I'm the least 'narrow minded and deluded' here. I'm the only one that hasn't jumped to conclusions over the actual incident. Have you seen your own posts. The bias is obvious. The only reason I haven't responded to you before is because I choose not to waste my time on one who has already made up their mind, regardless of facts.

I've commented on the Pakistani's sudden 'bleeding hearts for Sikhs', because it seems awfully convenient given their blind eye to abuses in their own nation. Only an idiot (yes offence) couldn't see it.

ReputationRep:
    Really?

Any Indian or Pakistan related debate ends up Paki VS India

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    I do care about them, I know our government isn't the greatest, but that doesn't mean I can't take an interest in similar issues outside of Pakistan, I prefer to care about humans first.

And you're taking this off topic, to push your own anti-Pakistan agenda ironically.
    Anti-Pakistan agenda? Paranoid much? Clearly you haven't seen my posts in the Indian society showing anger over Pakistani commentators and umpires being forced out of India by Shiv Sena extremists.

That said, I'm not as gullible as some on here. I don't think Pakistani's truly care about Sikhs. I think they're just wanting to milk the situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saeed97)
    As someone who is an outsider in all of this i was pleasantly surprised when i saw on Facebook posts regarding whats occurring that the majority of people supporting the Sikhs were in fact Pakistanis.
    Yeah. Very convenient.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a knife, it's a Kirpan. Atleast allow you ignorance to acknowledge the true definition of something.

Hmm...A wedding...or people be killed....a wedding ...or people being killed...guess which one I care more about?

You know what, as an Atheist, I can look at this with less subjectivity as perhaps someone who is religious and tbh yes they shouldn't have interrupted the ceremony but then again it is also an understandable situation. Not that I agree with is, but hey ho, there are important things to care about right now.
    I really don't care what you think is important.

The fact is that you are talking BS and you are excusing Sikh violence.

The problem is when people like you say dumb things like " it is also an understandable situation" when people are threatened by knife whelding nutcases at their wedding.

If you care about dead people so much then maybe you should care about the 300 people that were blown up in the middle of their flight by Sikh terrorists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_India_Flight_182

Or maybe that is " understandable"

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...s-violent.html

Omg LOL! Look at this! Censorship much...this video compared to the one you showed me is EXTREMELY different. Wow!

I am indeed and proud of it
    Exactly. I won't be surprised if there is more unrest here very soon.

Great to hear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn!)
    Anti-Pakistan agenda? Paranoid much? Clearly you haven't seen my posts in the Indian society showing anger over Pakistani commentators and umpires being forced out of India by Shiv Sena extremists.

That said, I'm not as gullible as some on here. I don't think Pakistani's truly care about Sikhs. I think they're just wanting to milk the situation.
    Lol fair enough, I'm don't visit the the Indian soc much. :lol:

Well it depends on the individual, for you to accuse me of only caring to spite India is a bit annoying. As someone who's drawn to Sikhism I'm naturally going to take notice of what's happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    Really?

Any Indian or Pakistan related debate ends up Paki VS India
    This is not about India vs Pakistan.

NO ONE has the truth about what happened, or what is happening. Nor who is behind it. I choose not to judge until I have hard facts in front of me.

I've seen too many idiotic people shouting 'Khalistan Zindabad' to take them seriously anymore. I'd rather find out the truth than listen to slogans from people that 'protest' for a homeland they'd never personally live in.

I'm not anti-Pakistan. Or at least I wasn't. But I've been offended by how they've tried to take advantage of the situation. They've proven they don't care about Sikhs. They just want to use them in their game against India.

ReputationRep:
    This isnt Pakistan vs India or Sikh vs Hindu, its that bhenchod Sukhbir Singh Badal. Fuddu banda messed up Punjab with the drug trade and now this smh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    I really don't care what you think is important.

The fact is that you are talking BS and you are excusing Sikh violence.

The problem is when people like you say dumb things like " it is also an understandable situation" when people are threatened by knife whelding nutcases at their wedding.

If you care about dead people so much then maybe you should care about the 300 people that were blown up in the middle of their flight by Sikh terrorists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_India_Flight_182

Or maybe that is " understandable"
    Agreed any violence is wrong and there's no excuse for it, but I'm sure most Sikhs are peaceful people. Those terrorist don't represent them all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn!)
    This is not about India vs Pakistan.

NO ONE has the truth about what happened, or what is happening. Nor who is behind it. I choose not to judge until I have hard facts in front of me.

I've seen too many idiotic people shouting 'Khalistan Zindabad' to take them seriously anymore. I'd rather find out the truth than listen to slogans from people that 'protest' for a homeland they'd never personally live in.

I'm not anti-Pakistan. Or at least I wasn't. But I've been offended by how they've tried to take advantage of the situation. They've proven they don't care about Sikhs. They just want to use them in their game against India.
    I care about Sikhs. Dont judge the whole nation.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.