Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PusE)
    Why do I think you feel that it is selfish, or why do I think I feel that way?

You know what I'm like. I'd rather have one person to myself, one person I can give everything to, show every side of me to etc. And I'd like to be treated the same way in return. I love the idea of two people who are complete loners, being loners together. They dont need anybody else because theyve got each other.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, erm, yeah both I guess but you answered it satisfactorily anyway

Well it does sound rather romantic I must admit. Ha.

Ahhh to be optimistic :daydreaming:

I dunno. I just thought the idea of wanting someone entirely to yourself was a little selfish. But, I mean, it's natural. Ideally I'd want that too I suppose - my partner to love me ceaselessly and nobody else, except I would also rather have friends too though other than her. And in that sense it feels unfair. I suppose I'm just not optimistic about the long term viability of this loner-loner relationship you have in mind It seems too likely that the loners would get bored of one another at some point and then both of their lives would become ****ed... I don't think those loners are still living full lives when they just have one another. It's very romantic for a week or so, but for all eternity? I dunno....... There's more to life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Oh, erm, yeah both I guess but you answered it satisfactorily anyway

Well it does sound rather romantic I must admit. Ha.

Ahhh to be optimistic :daydreaming:

I dunno. I just thought the idea of wanting someone entirely to yourself was a little selfish. But, I mean, it's natural. Ideally I'd want that too I suppose - my partner to love me ceaselessly and nobody else, except I would also rather have friends too though other than her. And in that sense it feels unfair. I suppose I'm just not optimistic about the long term viability of this loner-loner relationship you have in mind It seems too likely that the loners would get bored of one another at some point and then both of their lives would become ****ed... I don't think those loners are still living full lives when they just have one another. It's very romantic for a week or so, but for all eternity? I dunno....... There's more to life
    I'm a romantic at heart even though all I seem to go on about is sex and PusE.

People do change, and that's life I guess. You're right in saying those in loner-loner relationships will eventually be f*cked, look at me for example - I iz the prime example

I just wish i had someone to love and give everything to and to have the same thing back. I only need one person, surely it can't be too difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PusE)
    I'm a romantic at heart even though all I seem to go on about is sex and PusE.

People do change, and that's life I guess. You're right in saying those in loner-loner relationships will eventually be f*cked, look at me for example - I iz the prime example

I just wish i had someone to love and give everything to and to have the same thing back. I only need one person, surely it can't be too difficult.
    Mhmm. It would be lovely wouldn't it?

We'll find someone. Somehow :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    popular with the guys yes

I feel like she won't care if we break up as she plenty more options

ReputationRep:
    Mhmm. It would be lovely wouldn't it?

We'll find someone. Somehow :hugs:
    Haha 'somehow'. Good things happen to those who wait, apparently.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PusE)
    Haha 'somehow'. Good things happen to those who wait, apparently.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Naahhhhhh that's bull****. Seriously. If we continue to sit around doing nothing we'll be lonely for all eternity. Proactive action must be taken!

I recently signed up to OkCupid.com annnnndd, well I spent the last 3weeks on it quite a bit actually. Suffice to say it's absolutely abysmal. The more time you spend on it the more depressing you find the experience and your life in general. So I'm not going to contact anymore than the 2 or 3 people I'm speaking to there semi-consistently... I doubt any of them will bother to actually meet me though which really is quite ridiculous when you consider the purpose of such sites...

And you'd think that since you get to learn a lot about the person in question before-hand and can pick and chooose people based on aesthetics that people would end up finding a decent match and then by the very fact that they're on there in the first place be interested in actually dating... But nope.

So, think I'm going to just resort to asking for stranger's phone numbers at university until I get lucky. Which will be awkward. But I'm getting beyond desperate soooooo. It's got to happen eventually. I'm just ****ing awesome. How can I be so slept on -_-

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the OP, a guy having loads of female friends is a turn off for me because I cba with trying to compete for his attention/top spot

ReputationRep:
    Naahhhhhh that's bull****. Seriously. If we continue to sit around doing nothing we'll be lonely for all eternity. Proactive action must be taken!

I recently signed up to OkCupid.com annnnndd, well I spent the last 3weeks on it quite a bit actually. Suffice to say it's absolutely abysmal. The more time you spend on it the more depressing you find the experience and your life in general. So I'm not going to contact anymore than the 2 or 3 people I'm speaking to there semi-consistently... I doubt any of them will bother to actually meet me though which really is quite ridiculous when you consider the purpose of such sites...

And you'd think that since you get to learn a lot about the person in question before-hand and can pick and chooose people based on aesthetics that people would end up finding a decent match and then by the very fact that they're on there in the first place be interested in actually dating... But nope.

So, think I'm going to just resort to asking for stranger's phone numbers at university until I get lucky. Which will be awkward. But I'm getting beyond desperate soooooo. It's got to happen eventually. I'm just ****ing awesome. How can I be so slept on -_-
    Wow seems like you're taking an active approach to this, you're taking it seriously, good on you! I hope you find somebody

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PusE)
    Wow seems like you're taking an active approach to this, you're taking it seriously, good on you! I hope you find somebody

Posted from TSR Mobile
    *nods head*

Desperate times call for desperate measures, but yeah, somehow my loneliness is just decreasing my motivation to well at life in general and my ability to do so and thus I need to deal with it and... romantic relationships seem like a good way to do that besides it's killing two birds with one stone because being a relationship-virgin at 20 is just terrible lmao. So need to get experience for the sake of experience if nothing else.

Thank 'ya, I hope you do too! But I know you will really. It's just a matter of time and if you want it to happen sooner you need to take action!

ReputationRep:
    *nods head*

Desperate times call for desperate measures, but yeah, somehow my loneliness is just decreasing my motivation to well at life in general and my ability to do so and thus I need to deal with it and... romantic relationships seem like a good way to do that besides it's killing two birds with one stone because being a relationship-virgin at 20 is just terrible lmao. So need to get experience for the sake of experience if nothing else.

Thank 'ya, I hope you do too! But I know you will really. It's just a matter of time and if you want it to happen sooner you need to take action!
    Quite funny that I were to stumble upon your post. Since I'm a year older and was effectively in the same boat as you like a year and a half ago, now having ticked all of these things you've said off the list and back to being single, I feel experienced but I haven't really gained anything useful lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom78)
    Quite funny that I were to stumble upon your post. Since I'm a year older and was effectively in the same boat as you like a year and a half ago, now having ticked all of these things you've said off the list and back to being single, I feel experienced but I haven't really gained anything useful lol.
    Well tbh more than anything it is a desire for friends. I am in no rush to have sex. What I'm more in a rush for is simply the dating experience since it is absurd to have not a had a proper date with someone at my age. I've not even had a kiss :O But yeah, I don't expect those things will change my life fundamentally. Finding a decent friend of either gender though? Ahhh that would, by virtue of the word decent haha.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.