Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    What do people think of the settlement builder?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tedious, especially on PC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Having done both endings now, I would say one is clearly better than the other and is far more fun, and it means it's time to turn to everything I missed, which does mean a lot of going back to old saves
    Spoiler:
    Show
    As said before, I didn't think much of the brotherhood ending, it was basically the same as FO3, power up liberty prime, follow him, kill a few enemies in [insert building here] (project purity for 3, institution for 4) and have a chat with the antagonist (Autumn or Shaun), press a few buttons, done. The institute ending is, imo, at the very least a lot more fun (especially if you have the unique fat man which fires double ammo with the MIRV mod too) and collisions off; without cheating, it actually poses a bit of a challenge because you get mobbed like mad by the brotherhood, I went in with the encalve power armour fully upgraded (not sure if you can actually get it legit, but it's not much better than T-60) and it got destroyed very quickly, and I was taking stims like mad, I expect the time slow from nerd rage saved my life several times. It is a fun ending. Either way though, it's about the journey

Rather looking forwards to playing what's left to play though, and for the DLC and proper mods.
    You can get the X-01 power armour from the Abandoned Shack in the Glowing Sea at level 40. The Broadsider is pretty decent at taking out Brotherhood.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    You can get the X-01 power armour from the Abandoned Shack in the Glowing Sea at level 40. The Broadsider is pretty decent at taking out Brotherhood.
    You can also get the helmet on the airship

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Reue)
    Tedious, especially on PC.
    I wouldn't say it's that tedious, and I imagine it worse with a controller

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can also get the helmet on the airship

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That was the first thing I did when I saw it. I believe that set in the Shack is Mk II.

Also I finally managed to find a way round my constant lack of adhesive.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    That was the first thing I did when I saw it. I believe that set in the Shack is Mk II.

Also I finally managed to find a way round my constant lack of adhesive.
    Mk II is just the first upgrade to it

And the easiest solution is tgm

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mk II is just the first upgrade to it

And the easiest solution is tgm

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I like to play legit.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I like to play legit.
    Doesn't stop it being the easiest way when available

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't stop it being the easiest way when available

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It takes the skill and ingenuity out of the game.

ReputationRep:
    Loving it so far, I'm so glad they've changed the feral ghouls from retarded bullet sponges to actually being dangerous and scary. Same goes for the Raider's, they can actually deal some damage now, everything feels more survival rather than "get most powerful gun and instagib skrubs"
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    Loving it so far, I'm so glad they've changed the feral ghouls from retarded bullet sponges to actually being dangerous and scary. Same goes for the Raider's, they can actually deal some damage now, everything feels more survival rather than "get most powerful gun and instagib skrubs"
    I think part of it comes from having a lot less health than in 3 and NV

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think part of it comes from having a lot less health than in 3 and NV

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep, and the radiation actually having an effect on you. Although, I kinda find the rads a bit too excessive sometimes. I've been levelling up the Big Leagues perk but I haven't even gotten a good melee weapon yet lmao, bar a few legendary pool cues :/

ReputationRep:
    Completed the main quest line earlier, siding with the minute men, but regret not going with the brotherhood. I felt bad about what happened to the institute in the final quest, but their plans with the synths were just too insane for me. I likes peoples too much
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Wellzi)
    Completed the main quest line earlier, siding with the minute men, but regret not going with the brotherhood. I felt bad about what happened to the institute in the final quest, but their plans with the synths were just too insane for me. I likes peoples too much
    You can side with the minute men for the ending? Something to do
    tomorrow.

Spoiler:
    Show
    the brotherhood and railroad also both destroy the institute. I assume the minute men destroy it
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    Yep, and the radiation actually having an effect on you. Although, I kinda find the rads a bit too excessive sometimes. I've been levelling up the Big Leagues perk but I haven't even gotten a good melee weapon yet lmao, bar a few legendary pool cues :/
    I didn't find the rads much of a problem, will use a very different build for my next full playthrough (when I get home and can handle 4k texture packs and stuff); higher endurance and charisma (found charisma far more important/useful than it used to be) and lower intelligence and agility, I think my really fast leveling actually hurt me in the early game and I barely us VATS

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say it's that tedious, and I imagine it worse with a controller

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's been designed specifically for a controller, making it unnecessarily tedious for PC users.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    It's fantastic, so so good. Just in Diamond City at the mo.

Enjoyed it but wasn't bowled over until about 6 hours through, now I'm hooked!

Does anyone know if the map is any bigger than what's in the Commonwealth at the mo? I've already explored lots of it so hoping there's more that hasn't been revealed yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Professor Oak)

Does anyone know if the map is any bigger than what's in the Commonwealth at the mo? I've already explored lots of it so hoping there's more that hasn't been revealed yet...
    There's a ****load of locations and I'm sure DLC will add more. I've also explored lots of it, but haven't done a fair few of the quests after coming across these legendary high levelled Super Mutants that instagib me :rofl:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Professor Oak)

There are some outside the square on the map in the glowing sea, and a **** ton in Boston itself

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Reue)
    It's been designed specifically for a controller, making it unnecessarily tedious for PC users.
    I'm still not sure what's supposed to be making it so tedious that wouldn't still be the case on console (such as the ui)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 21, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.