Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

oh MY **** watch

Announcements

(Original post by Airmed)
    Lasts for 3 years, it is put in your arm. I only got it in on Friday past so we will have to see if it works, but I have a shocking bruise on my left arm from it. The anesthetic hurt a lot, but not the actual getting the implant in.
    oh gosh needles? no wayyyyy i'd rather stay on pills for the rest of my life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    nope it's a real thing - the worst thing

what happens is during the month our uterus (thing that holds baby) basically starts building up and getting thick and ready to house a baby. Since there's no baby - what does it do? It rips itself to shreds, literally pulling and shredding itself away and then comes out the bottom. so a period is basically your insides ripping themselves apart and coming out - and yes you feel every bit of it.

And yes there are solid chunks.

Free bio lessons
    Oh god, I was not wanting all of this. Just cringeworthy. Welp...I still have no idea what that would feel like but judging by her screams and pulling herself across the floor and chucking things across the room and not being able to sit still or sleep....yea. I empathise. 100%. But until now I thought she was just pulling my leg to get me to be her personal server but ok, now I'll give her a break.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    oh gosh needles? no wayyyyy i'd rather stay on pills for the rest of my life
    I hated the pill, and since I suffer from migraines anyway, the implant is one of the last options for me.

(Original post by Airmed)
    I hated the pill, and since I suffer from migraines anyway, the implant is one of the last options for me.
    i'll leave it at the bottom of my list

ReputationRep:
    i fainted during my volunteering, luckily the manager was a woman, she caught me literally just in time phoned my mom to come get me and as she dragged me to the car i threw up in icelands car park
    definitely understand your pain 😫

(Original post by Animagus)
    Oh god, I was not wanting all of this. Just cringeworthy. Welp...I still have no idea what that would feel like but judging by her screams and pulling herself across the floor and chucking things across the room and not being able to sit still or sleep....yea. I empathise. 100%. But until now I thought she was just pulling my leg to get me to be her personal server but ok, now I'll give her a break.
    haha the more you know :P yeah it does really hurt but it's different levels of pain for different women and it depends on you pain tolerance too. poor girl yeah do give her a break for the first 3 days - after that it should be manageable and we will resume to our normal state

(Original post by saladisgreat)
    i fainted during my volunteering, luckily the manager was a woman, she caught me literally just in time phoned my mom to come get me and as she dragged me to the car i threw up in icelands car park
    definitely understand your pain 😫
    wow! i haven't vomited/ fainted in public yet - i have a terrible fear of vomiting too so if i feel like im gonna vomit i get all anxious and it makes it worse. poor you, so glad the manager caught you! was it awkward going back?

ReputationRep:
    No my point is that exercising in your normal life can prevent the pain from getting this bad

(Original post by Spotted Monkey)
    No my point is that exercising in your normal life can prevent the pain from getting this bad
    oh right lol... well i walk for like 2 hours every weekday

maybe i should start doing proper exercise,,, in my gap year lol

ReputationRep:
    I tend to take a mixture of paracetamol, codeine and aspirin with a little caffeine then sleep or sit in a hot bath. I've heard that sex is supposed to help. Also hot water bottle and film to chill, some medication or something salty to reduce the nausea and give your abdomen a massage.
    I have horrific periods and used to vomit and cry in pain, feel dizzy and faint.

ReputationRep:
    nope it's a real thing - the worst thing

what happens is during the month our uterus (thing that holds baby) basically starts building up and getting thick and ready to house a baby. Since there's no baby - what does it do? It rips itself to shreds, literally pulling and shredding itself away and then comes out the bottom. so a period is basically your insides ripping themselves apart and coming out - and yes you feel every bit of it.

And yes there are solid chunks.

Free bio lessons
    Please tell me you are joking, first the leakage when moving and then the CHUNKS.
    Oh god that is the most horrific thing i've flipping read.
    Is there just like i bloody bowl of cereal in your pants at the end of the day?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    drink a lot of tea or water, it rids you off your period surprisingly quickly!

(Original post by sleepygirl)
    I tend to take a mixture of paracetamol, codeine and aspirin with a little caffeine then sleep or sit in a hot bath. I've heard that sex is supposed to help. Also hot water bottle and film to chill, some medication or something salty to reduce the nausea and give your abdomen a massage.
    I have horrific periods and used to vomit and cry in pain, feel dizzy and faint.
    yeah i've stuffed my face with painkillers - salty things kill nausea? will try that now thanks ! and omg that's horrible

(Original post by )
    Please tell me you are joking, first the leakage when moving and then the CHUNKS.
    Oh god that is the most horrific thing i've flipping read.
    Is there just like i bloody bowl of cereal in your pants at the end of the day?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    oh no i wish i was joking. well you could think of it like that lol - but only if you don't change your pad thing. If you go the whole day without changing it, a) you'll end up with a bowl of red cereal in your pants by the end of the day, and b) it will overflow and leak out the sides... So that's why we go to the toilet like every half an hour - and it's also why we don't wear white bottoms EVER during that week

(Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    drink a lot of tea or water, it rids you off your period surprisingly quickly!
    literally drinking so much water i think i'm gonna drown - even though that's impossible

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean, its a horrible feeling.
    Oh wait, no i dont, im a guy. hahhahahaha #mastergender

(Original post by saeed97)
    I know what you mean, its a horrible feeling.
    Oh wait, no i dont, im a guy. hahhahahaha #mastergender
    lucky sh** -_-

ReputationRep:
    lucky sh** -_-
    Its ok fam, the pay gap isnt real so we all cool.

(Original post by saeed97)
    Its ok fam, the pay gap isnt real so we all cool.
    fair nuff

ReputationRep:
    This was me on Saturday and Sunday
    Hotwater bottle and as many tablets as possible without like overdosing is the only thing sadly
    Just make sure you take the tablets even if you think the pain has gone, I always make that mistake and end up in a bunch of pain every 6 hours -.-
    Hope youre doing better now

(Original post by BekahMay)
    This was me on Saturday and Sunday
    Hotwater bottle and as many tablets as possible without like overdosing is the only thing sadly
    Just make sure you take the tablets even if you think the pain has gone, I always make that mistake and end up in a bunch of pain every 6 hours -.-
    Hope youre doing better now
    i'm slightly better with all the pain killers haha thanks

haven't revised today just lied in bed though UGH stupid period

ReputationRep:
    wow! i haven't vomited/ fainted in public yet - i have a terrible fear of vomiting too so if i feel like im gonna vomit i get all anxious and it makes it worse. poor you, so glad the manager caught you! was it awkward going back?
    she was really cool about it, gave me a hug

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.