Turn on thread page Beta

Do you consider yourself a feminist? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do you consider yourself a feminist?
    Yes, I support feminism and wear the label proudly
    32.96%
    Only in the sense that I support equal rights for men and women, but I prefer to call myself an "egalitarian"
    54.75%
    No, I believe in traditional gender roles
    12.29%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    I support gender equality so I'm not a feminist. Couldn't vote because theres no option for me.
    So what you're saying is you don't know what feminism is? Ah, okay.

ReputationRep:
    Phew, the egalitarians are winning. Thanks TSR. Faith in humanity restored. Here's a nice egalitarian channel, with... a lot of feminazi and liberal, neoprogressivist bashing: https://www.youtube.com/user/SargonofAkkad100

ReputationRep:
    I personally think that men and women have different roles, but they are still equal.

ReputationRep:
    Of course - who doesn't support gender equality? It's the 21st century.

But not a radical feminist. Those peeps just go too far.

ReputationRep:
    can't vote on mobile but I'm not a feminist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Feminist to the bone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hollie G)
    Of course - who doesn't support gender equality? It's the 21st century.

But not a radical feminist. Those peeps just go too far.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This! Finally no over extended answers, just plain straight answer

ReputationRep:
    I hate when poll options are worded so that I can't tick any of them.

Is there anything wrong with 'yes' and 'no' as answers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    I hate when poll options are worded so that I can't tick any of them.

Is there anything wrong with 'yes' and 'no' as answers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is a yes or no question
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The fact that there's an option in the poll that says "I believe in equal rights for men and women" (which I voted for) has been overlooked by many is very telling that feminism, for many, clearly isn't about equal rights. They've practically looked at the equal rights option and thought "no, I don't support equal rights, I think women should be first class citizens while men should be second class". As a man, I can't support such a movement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    The fact that there's an option in the poll that says "I believe in equal rights for men and women" (which I voted for) has been overlooked by many is very telling that feminism, for many, clearly isn't about equal rights. They've practically looked at the equal rights option and thought "no, I don't support equal rights, I think women should be first class citizens while men should be second class". As a man, I can't support such a movement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That may be the most sensible post I have seen in here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoping4Astars)
    I personally think that men and women have different roles, but they are still equal.
    Are you familiar with Animal Farm?

ReputationRep:
    The term "egalitarian" doesn't quite have a ring to it, so perhaps that's why people chose feminism.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by sw651)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

That may be the most sensible post I have seen in here?
    They can dress it up as equal rights all they like, but a lot of them aren't smart enough to keep their real intentions hidden

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treeroy)
    Are you familiar with Animal Farm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

All animals are equal but some are more equal than others

ReputationRep:
    They can dress it up as equal rights all they like, but a lot of them aren't smart enough to keep their real intentions hidden

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its all well and good preaching 'equal' rights but as soon as it starts turning in their favour so to speak, no way
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    The term "egalitarian" doesn't quite have a ring to it, so perhaps that's why people chose feminism.
    Does sound a bit like you possess a keen interest in eagles on first read. Why not just use the term "equalitarian" which according to the dictionary is an alternative term and just sounds and fits better.

ReputationRep:
    Does sound a bit like you possess a keen interest in eagles on first read. Why not just use the term "equalitarian" which according to the dictionary is an alternative term and just sounds and fits better.
    Sounds too much like "equestrian", which itself brings to mind bronies. No one wants to be a brony.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sw651)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

All animals are equal but some are more equal than others
    Oh that sounds dreadfully a lot like feminism.

ReputationRep:
    Why does it matter whether it's called egalitarianism or feminism? It's the same thing so why is there an argument? Seriously who cares.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.