Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

i just cant respect girls who wear makeup watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It's okay, we don't respect you either.

There's nothing wrong with makeup, it's part of one's appearance like a new haircut or outfit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same here, the whole thing seems very silly. Makeup lol

ReputationRep:
    You won't fault a woman for dressing nicely, working out, wearing jewellery, heels, doing their nails - what's different about make up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva.Gregoria)
    But the point is nobody is asking for your critique. If you don't like attention seekers then log out of instagram, get out in the daylight and go for a walk.
    it is the attention seekers that have a problem with criticism that they attract which makes them stupid, yet again you have misintepreted what i am saying to fit your dumb argument

Of course it's related to your post, that's why it's in this thread in the first place. But it's not solely for your attention, therefore I couldn't care less what you think of it.
    why would i care what you think of my opinion? i said the video was stupid and a poor attempt to be thought provoking, it has nothing to do with you as a person

do you realise how dumb you sound now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    I like makeup, obviously too much can look horrendous, but not respecting a girl because of it is just ridiculous.
    *Taps nose and points*

This literally describes me but the other way around. I had acne, it was fine then I wore makeup and got really bad and I still looked hideous because I didn't even know how to put on makeup properly.
    Two years on, my acne is horrible but at least I don't wear makeup to prevent it from getting even worse.
    However, regardless of with makeup or without, less acne or more acne, I'm just plain ugly. Some people are just destined to be ugly I guess, an example being me but I have learnt not to care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    You won't fault a woman for dressing nicely, working out, wearing jewellery, heels, doing their nails - what's different about make up?
    Because they believe wearing makeup isn't dressing nicely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    because makeup can be extremely decieving
    it doesnt take a genius to understand this

nice clothes and nails dont drastically change your look

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straighthate)
    blah, blah, blah...

do you realise how dumb you sound now?
    Nope, I think that's still you.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I think that's still you.
    i thought it would be too much to get a rational argument out of you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newgolddream)
    *Taps nose and points*
    Pardon? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystery.)
    This literally describes me but the other way around. I had acne, it was fine then I wore makeup and got really bad and I still looked hideous because I didn't even know how to put on makeup properly.
    Two years on, my acne is horrible but at least I don't wear makeup to prevent it from getting even worse.
    However, regardless of with makeup or without, less acne or more acne, I'm just plain ugly. Some people are just destined to be ugly I guess, an example being me but I have learnt not to care.
    This is the interesting thing because a lot of people think that makeup hides acne. Yes maybe in the tutorial videos, they seem to disappear but in real life, without the fancy lighting and cameras it is still obvious. It's not a fix and a lot of girls don't realise that. If makeup is making your acne worse and in a lot of cases, it probably is then stop or minimise it. It's good you stopped wearing it to allow your pores to breathe so you can manage the acne first and then continue with makeup.

Also acne does not make you ugly, it's an imperfection but it has no bearing on your facial structure, symmetry and features. The issue is confidence is attractive and people with acne tend to have low self confidence anyway which is probably what you're struggling with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    Pardon? :confused:
    As in - "she knows".

I agree completely!

ReputationRep:
    lol @ living behind a facade
    Makeup does NOT change your face it highlights your features!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystery.)
    You are NOT ugly everyone is beautiful believe in yourself girl!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAre Teh Lejend)
    I wouldn't look twice at a girl who is wearing face changing make up.

I would look twice at a girl who is pretty but has skin imperfections.
    so u would like a girl who never wears make-up?

where have u been all my life:heart::love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctor_2_be)

Yup is the answer.

I'm here bby grill <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctor_2_be)

(Original post by iAre Teh Lejend)
    Yup is the answer.

I'm here bby grill <3
    Get a room!

ReputationRep:
    lol @ living behind a facade
    wait so you actually want us looking like this?
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Personally I don't wear make up at all, apart from maybe really big occasions, but I don't disrespect other girls because they do, it looks a little silly when they are practically orange faced but other than that it doesn't bother me, all my sisters are into make up, it's just one of those things I guess

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.