Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It was ok however i struggled for companies in section 2. I chose question 02 AND 05

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonGeorge7)
    It was ok however i struggled for companies in section 2. I chose question 02 AND 05
    Literally everyone I know did Q2 and Q5. I did Q1 and Q5. For Q5 I used to the Triple Bottom Line Theory, Herb Keller 'business of business is people' (Southwest Airlines), Microsoft (Satya Nadella Vs Steve Ballmer), Tesco (Dave Lewis), Innocent, Moya Greene (Royal Mail), and others I can't remember. I used a few other models but can't remember

ReputationRep:
    I did Q1 and Q4 did 4 as I like a question with success cause you can just talk about profits etc and I disagreed with the statement and used ecommerce as my counter arguments and used the text from section A to help with section B. Now thats what you call smart thinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay Garrick)
    I did Q1 and Q4 did 4 as I like a question with success cause you can just talk about profits etc and I disagreed with the statement and used ecommerce as my counter arguments and used the text from section A to help with section B. Now thats what you call smart thinking
    What were your points for Q1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bennybobjt26)
    What were your points for Q1?
    !. that consumers have more power (porter 5 force) creates rivalry and lowers prices so shareholder have less return on capital used ASOS need 1 bill and that consumers have comparison sites go compare and some stats I found out about it
    2. that ecommerce grows 14% so surly shareholders get big returns
    3. Both benefit as consumers 24/7 transaction and shareholder... cant remember that bit
    Eval. That its both good but it depends on how well the business is doing and nature of market in terms of competitiveness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay Garrick)
    !. that consumers have more power (porter 5 force) creates rivalry and lowers prices so shareholder have less return on capital used ASOS need 1 bill and that consumers have comparison sites go compare and some stats I found out about it
    2. that ecommerce grows 14% so surly shareholders get big returns
    3. Both benefit as consumers 24/7 transaction and shareholder... cant remember that bit
    Eval. That its both good but it depends on how well the business is doing and nature of market in terms of competitiveness
    Sounds good! Mine were:
    1. Agree - ecommerce allowing easier access into emerging markets, but has caused issues on brands like GSK in China and Enron bribery, corruption etc, therefore ecommerce caused scandals which have damaged share prices, etc.
    2. Agree - high costs of ecommerce, warehouses, John Lewis £326 million, causing lower profits in the short term for shareholders
    3. Disagree - Despite high costs, if shareholders aren't short-sighted (myopia) then shareholders will be benefited by greater profitability thus dividends in the long run due to the investments into ecommerce

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bennybobjt26)
    Sounds good! Mine were:
    1. Agree - ecommerce allowing easier access into emerging markets, but has caused issues on brands like GSK in China and Enron bribery, corruption etc, therefore ecommerce caused scandals which have damaged share prices, etc.
    2. Agree - high costs of ecommerce, warehouses, John Lewis £326 million, causing lower profits in the short term for shareholders
    3. Disagree - Despite high costs, if shareholders aren't short-sighted (myopia) then shareholders will be benefited by greater profitability thus dividends in the long run due to the investments into ecommerce
    Ahh fair enough wished I used the text bit more now but hey ho

ReputationRep:
    is it ok just to do just one agree and one disagree. would i loose marks??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mismash)
    is it ok just to do just one agree and one disagree. would i loose marks??
    Tutor2U said do a max of 3 points so if your 2 points are very detailed with full evaluation then you'll be fine, quality not quantity!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 23, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.