Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Has anyone been rejected yet? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    Dang I gotta wait for interviews and then offers (medical applicant), which usually come around in early next year...Imagine being rejected after all that...BUT THAT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!! *le hope*
    wait, so they make an offer and then invite you to an interview? or do they first invite you to an interview and if they are impressed, they then make an offer? thought it was the former

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fuego1)
    wait, so they make an offer and then invite you to an interview? or do they first invite you to an interview and if they are impressed, they then make an offer? thought it was the former
    Interview comes first. Wouldn't be much use having an interview if they've already made you an offer.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    I heard someone on here got a rejection from Keele

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harina10)
    I know a couple of people who've received Imperial rejections
    Was it because they didn't meet the reqs or?

ReputationRep:
    Not yet but I've applied to Cambridge - ME. Cambridge...

So if we're being real it's only a matter of time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deww6)
    I'm sure the school can contact Kings and explain the scenario
    Thank you, that's a reassuring thought. It's such bad luck that no one is around at her school until Tuesday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloemichelle97)
    Mine hasn't been sent yet either, feel like I'm really behind :cry2:
    mine either! dont worry! I will send mine next week!!

ReputationRep:
    Been told by Bath Spa uni that's I've had an offer and redirected to Track but Track still says they are considering my application :/ as if I wasn't already on edge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramo_howin)
    I only used three of my choices to apply to three courses at the University of Sheffield! I'm predicted halfway between an AAB and an AAA (8'7 in the Spanish baccalaureate). I've got all three offers and have Zoology for my firm choice Now I just have to get the grades, which is already stressing me out!!
    Well done what other courses did you apply for at Sheffield if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Expecting 2/3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fuego1)
    Haha nope, interviews come first and THEN offers Interviews are like the final hurdle that you need to get over before offers xD

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected by Birmingham for medicine...dk why this early, but was taking a risk with my GCSEs and Birmingham is a gcse heavy school 😭😭😭😭😭😭
    1 down....three to go Bristol, Exeter & leichester
    Got my back up offer at KCl for Msc neuroscience but tbh don't care

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone already applying? I'm done with my PS but I'm sitting for my A2 now so I'll apply after my last paper. Also, should you risk applying to a Uni with a high requirement if you don't really have the grades so for example; I want to get into Durham and their entry requirement is an A*AA and I can get an A*A*C. Do you think it's worth applying or nah?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swarkles_Caskett)
    Why is everyone already applying? I'm done with my PS but I'm sitting for my A2 now so I'll apply after my last paper. Also, should you risk applying to a Uni with a high requirement if you don't really have the grades so for example; I want to get into Durham and their entry requirement is an A*AA and I can get an A*A*C. Do you think it's worth applying or nah?
    The deadline for applications is the 15th of January, and most people will be sitting their A2 exams next summer. This means that the universities give what's known as a conditional offer; you have a place as long as you meet the grades when you do your A2s.

As for your question about Durham, it's worth checking whether they're flexible on the requirements. They may, for example, take A*A*B instead of A*AA but this is something that would vary from course to course. Also, it's possible that on results day, they may accept you anyway if the course isn't all that competitive. Once again, this varies considerably between both years and courses, so no one can tell you for definite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futureDOCTOR2k15)
    Got rejected by Birmingham for medicine...dk why this early, but was taking a risk with my GCSEs and Birmingham is a gcse heavy school 😭😭😭😭😭😭
    1 down....three to go Bristol, Exeter & leichester
    Got my back up offer at KCl for Msc neuroscience but tbh don't care
    Wait, what? Already? What the ****?
    I've applied to birmingham for medicine too, tis why I'm a bit confused. What were your GCSEs like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Wait, what? Already? What the ****?
    I've applied to birmingham for medicine too, tis why I'm a bit confused. What were your GCSEs like?
    Can u specifically tell me the gcse requirements for u?....I'm an international student so maybe my igcse requirements are a bit different
    Like this is my requirement and I think I met it with 5A*s and 1 B in gcse
    4As at AS levels
    Predicted 3A*s at A2 and 655 average in uckat
    Should I call them?Name:  image.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  489.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futureDOCTOR2k15)
    Can u specifically tell me the gcse requirements for u?....I'm an international student so maybe my igcse requirements are a bit different
    Like this is my requirement and I think I met it with 5A*s and 1 B in gcse
    4As at AS levels
    Predicted 3A*s at A2 and 655 average in uckat
    Should I call them?Name:  image.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  489.1 KB
    What in the world? Why have you been rejected, that makes absolutely no sense. your stats are really good! I mean, they haven't even got your UKCAT scores yet- those are sent off on the 3rd of November, I think. So yeah, definitely call them up and ask

Edit: Ahhh... The problem might be that you only have 6 GCSEs. Still call them, but that could be why?

ReputationRep:
    I won't apply until late November. I'm still unsure on what to do.

ReputationRep:
    My referee is taking forever to do mine. It's been a week and UCAS still says "your reference has not been started"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supernerdural)
    My referee is taking forever to do mine. It's been a week and UCAS still says "your reference has not been started"
    Hahahahaha only a week😂
    My reference took a month and that included constant reminding and in the end...didn't even let me read it 👌🏽

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.