Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

M353 - Sgt. Blackman Motion watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Nay - for the government to act as judge and jury would be condoning murder, would be undemocratic and would call to question our legitimacy.
    "Murder is murder is murder."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    Just like the Gibraltar killings then? And the British Army's shoot-to-kill policy?
    A great fighter for human rights you must be.
    ‘Humans’ like that don't deserve any ‘human rights’ – it's just commie liberal equality bull****; scum like that must be taken care of using all necessary means.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    ‘Humans’ like that don't deserve any ‘human rights’ – it's just commie liberal equality bull****; scum like that must be taken care of using all necessary means.
    No, it's called basic human decency and not killing people in cold blood just because they have 'radical' views.

This is just like Sgt Lee Clegg's murders. His conviction of murdering two teenage joyriders in West Belfast was overturned, despite the court finding that lethal force had been used unlawfully. Clegg fired four of the nine bullets, the last of which killed 18-year-old passenger Karen Reilly. The driver, 17-year-old Martin Peake, also died at the scene, and the third passenger, Markiewicz Gorman, escaped with minor injuries.

Gibraltar killings? Two men and one young woman were shot without warning or while attempting to surrender. It emerged that the three IRA members shot in Gibraltar were found to be unarmed and not in possession of a bomb. None of the witnesses interviewed heard the soldiers challenge the trio before opening fire, but had seen the IRA members shot in the back, with their hands up, or shot after falling to the ground. One passer-by was also injured by stray bullets.
    To sum up:
    • no independent witnesses heard a challenge,
    • Proetta saw McCann and Farrell were shot with their hands up,
    • Treacy saw Savage shot in the back,
    • two witnesses saw the members "finished off" on the ground,
    • Styles believed the authorities should have known the car did not contain a bomb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    While I'm not a fan of the state intervening in the judicial system, there's certainly something to be done here. I'm not too sure yet though.

Edit: I've decided that I will most likely abstain as it is not parliament's business to interfere in this matter
    This.

I don't much care that he broke the Geneva convention by killing an enemy solider but parliament should change the law, not interfere in as trial while existing laws exist.

So Abstain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    I am in Two Minds about this really .

1) He a Serving Soilders and as L_p said War effects soilders in tremendous ways and no one knows what goes through their minds when out in the field. I have huge amounts of respect for all are Armed Forces home and abroad

2) He did Break the Geneva Convention

3) The Taliban insurgent was heavily Injured by a Apache Gunship attack so he was near death anyway which I know is not the point but he is still the enemy
    A five yeas sentence would have been enough, but I don't like to see the government changing a court's decision. The thing we could do is to change the law about this.

ReputationRep:
    No, it's called basic human decency and not killing people in cold blood just because they have 'radical' views.

This is just like Sgt Lee Clegg's murders. His conviction of murdering two teenage joyriders in West Belfast was overturned, despite the court finding that lethal force had been used unlawfully. Clegg fired four of the nine bullets, the last of which killed 18-year-old passenger Karen Reilly. The driver, 17-year-old Martin Peake, also died at the scene, and the third passenger, Markiewicz Gorman, escaped with minor injuries.

Gibraltar killings? Two men and one young woman were shot without warning or while attempting to surrender. It emerged that the three IRA members shot in Gibraltar were found to be unarmed and not in possession of a bomb. None of the witnesses interviewed heard the soldiers challenge the trio before opening fire, but had seen the IRA members shot in the back, with their hands up, or shot after falling to the ground. One passer-by was also injured by stray bullets.
    To sum up:
    • no independent witnesses heard a challenge,
    • Proetta saw McCann and Farrell were shot with their hands up,
    • Treacy saw Savage shot in the back,
    • two witnesses saw the members "finished off" on the ground,
    • Styles believed the authorities should have known the car did not contain a bomb
    1. Those two cases are completely irrelevant because I was addressing the one at hand. If you see any similarities, it's your opinion.
    2. This concept of ‘basic human decency’ belongs to the ‘commie liberal equality bull****’. Again, those who violate the very same concept do not deserve use it as a shield when they're caught.
    3. It's not the views, it's the actions.

Oversensitive people preaching ‘basic human decency’ like you make this society considerably worse and at risk because you care more about ‘human rights’ of despicable individuals who would slit your throat without even thinking about it, while severely punishing people who go into the front lines and take matters into their own hands in an effort to help us get rid of the scum, albeit with some necessary collateral damage, than the actual consequences of your and their actions.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    1. Those two cases are completely irrelevant because I was addressing the one at hand. If you see any similarities, it's your opinion.
    2. This concept of ‘basic human decency’ belongs to the ‘commie liberal equality bull****’. Again, those who violate the very same concept do not deserve use it as a shield when they're caught.
    3. It's not the views, it's the actions.

Oversensitive people preaching ‘basic human decency’ like you make this society considerably worse and at risk because you care more about ‘human rights’ of despicable individuals who would slit your throat without even thinking about it, while severely punishing people who go into the front lines and take matters into their own hands in an effort to help us get rid of the scum, albeit with some necessary collateral damage, than the actual consequences of your and their actions.
    Wow, hatred is really that much a part of the right wing.

And that's why we don't vote Conservative.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, hatred is really that much a part of the right wing.

And that's why we don't vote Conservative.
    Perfect arguments like always. :laugh:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by truthteller2)
    I agree with this motion. Sgt Blackman should be set free. People from the superior races should be free to do what they like with the inferior orders of humanity, including violently disposing of them when they choose.
    :eek: are you Britain first or an even more toxic variety of politics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    :eek: are you Britain first or an even more toxic variety of politics?
    Britain First, while along the right lines, are a little too left-wing for me. Unfortunately there isn't a political party that represents my views. Oh, and the 'toxic' variety of politics is the leftie liberal PC racially unaware one that Britain is saddled with, not the one espoused by brave nonconformists like me.

ReputationRep:
    Are you a member of the TSR Tories ?
    No, might consider joining though. I've been lurking around TSR for quite a while and it seems your leader seems to have at least sensible racial views

ReputationRep:
    this man brought the whole of our Armed Forces into disrepute. he should serve his full sentence.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Are you a member of the TSR Tories ?
    Wait you agree with his racism?!

ReputationRep:
    Good Man !! You sound like a tory
    Life_peer and mobbsy91 are our leaders and we will be more than happy to welcome you
    He's a racist ffs.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I didn't say I did ! , He was clearly expressing a right wing opinion so I ask him was he already a member of our party , he said no so I said he can join if he wishes
    He praised your leader for having according to him racist veiws. and it looked like you were praising that.

ReputationRep:
    I admit it did look like i was paising racist but I really wasn't i was praising the fact he was considering joining the party
    Why would you want a racist in your party? :confused:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by United1892)
    Why would you want a racist in your party? :confused:
    Exactly.

ReputationRep:
    Let's calm down, everyone. Hazzer, please don't invite people to the party like that. We try to be sensible and do background checks including dupe checks if necessary. He made his account today so I'm suspicious to say the least.

Truthteller2, with all due respect, I think you're either a dupe/troll account or not going to last here very long anyway because the local mods could easily card most of your posts. If you're genuine, we'd certainly find some common ground but it isn't white superiority, I'm afraid. While I'm much against globalisation and dislike certain cultures and one particular religion, my party and I do not support the views that you've presented so far.

ReputationRep:
    Let's calm down, everyone. Hazzer, please don't invite people to the party like that. We try to be sensible and do background checks including dupe checks if necessary. He made his account today so I'm suspicious to say the least.

Truthteller2, with all due respect, I think you're either a dupe/troll account or not going to last here very long anyway because the local mods could easily card most of your posts. If you're genuine, we'd certainly find some common ground but it isn't white superiority, I'm afraid. While I'm much against globalisation and dislike certain cultures and one particular religion, my party and I do not support the views that you've presented so far.
    I'm a genuine racial nationalist. I made an account here before but was banned. It's sad to see that even a Tory is a racially unaware commie leftie like the rest.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

I can only apologise and I apologise

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.