Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Your Most Pleasant Dream Asleep ... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    Yeah I have quite vivid dreams so I remember most of mine. This is one of the nicer ones.
    Great ! Sounds exciting for sure !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treblebee)
    2. A friend once said that they had composed songs in their sleep

Really? Wow, that is fantastic. Fascinating ! This really must be special music !

(so maybe, just maybe, I might end up dreaming about you! lol).
    Wow - Thank You ! LOL ...

ReputationRep:
    One of mine is borderline chick flic romance, hence I won't be proud posting it .
    but it definitely was one good one to remember

ReputationRep:
    When I was younger I use to be able to know when it was a dream or not and I could wake up from the dream by closing my eyes in the dream. Could anyone do that? I haven't been able to do it recently though.

ReputationRep:
    Um... the most relaxing time is when I'm in what they call Deep Sleep, so unfortunately no dreams:/ However, I do know that I have often woken up (grudgingly) with the feeling that I have just had the best dream in the world. The only problem is that I can never remember it! But if you are interested about dreams in general, I might add that:
    1. I have often, while dreaming, had the fuzziest idea that I've been in such a situation before
    2. A friend once said that they had composed songs in their sleep
    3. My dreams often evolve around people I know or have spoken with (so maybe, just maybe, I might end up dreaming about you! lol).
    4. Sometimes I randomly start getting pumped up with adrenaline in my sleep, perhaps because I'm very excited about something-or-other, and it feels just like I've received 20 rep on TSR!
    I'll have to end it there, I'm afraid, because it is a rather personal topic
    Thank you so much for such a detailed and interesting response, that is just great !
    Yes sure I understand regarding the personal nature of such stuff, no worries. You have still provided quite a spectrum in your reply. Appreciated !
    And yeah ! 20 reps on TSR would be just fantastic. I wish I could give you 20 of those at once .. but I can't, I can only give 1 per post. He he ...
    Anyway - enjoy your dreams - in all the depths and colours !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kholmes1)
    When I was younger I use to be able to know when it was a dream or not and I could wake up from the dream by closing my eyes in the dream. Could anyone do that? I haven't been able to do it recently though.
    Wow - that is amazing !
    Not sure at all if someone could do that or not.
    Very interesting. I wonder how you managed to train yourself to master such an ability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittyboy)
    Lmao what...
    Sorry, it is probably my English as I am not actually a native speaker.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao what... Anyway, I do in fact remember the dream from this morning.

I was in school and for some reason in my dream I believed, quite firmly at the time, that school lunches comprised of the body parts of students who were randomly selected and butchered everyday. Kind of amazing how you can be deceived in sleep. In this particular dream it was of course my turn to be selected. At registration I tried to get out of it by saying how I was studying really hard and it would all go to waste. My grandparents were also there lmao and they tried to back me up but to no avail. I sprinted for the door but tripped and got carried down the steps to the cafeteria. Doesn't make much sense as the room I was in isn't by the cafeteria, and the steps were piano keys.
    OH MY GOODNESS ! Lol, Ha Ha Ha !
    That was just brilliant - thank you !
    A school where they served and ate pupils ! This has seriously entertained me, what can I say.
    My best advice for you in the situation: in your dreams, please change school immediately. Before it is too late. Save yourself ! Otherwise, at least make yourself invisible.
    You really made my day (or rather night) tonight. A good one for Halloween no doubt.
    But you are right indeed - and like I said too - dreams can seriously be weird.
    At the same time, that also makes you think about the human mind and imagination, and consciousness / subconsciousness.

ReputationRep:
    In this particular dream it was of course my turn to be selected.
    One may have had a fateful suspicion that it would come to this.
    # Inevitable. LOL.

ReputationRep:
    and the steps were piano keys.
    # Surreal !
    Nice one.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  177.8 KBI bet op had a dream about someone else having a dream and didn't wanna wake up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmed766)
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  177.8 KBI bet op had a dream about someone else having a dream and didn't wanna wake up
    No doubt, that's the story.
    How did you guess ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vlad83)
    No doubt, that's the story.
    How did you guess ?
    HahHahahaha just playin man but yeah dreams are really interesting and according to some people they have a link to real life?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for such a detailed and interesting response, that is just great !
    Yes sure I understand regarding the personal nature of such stuff, no worries. You have still provided quite a spectrum in your reply. Appreciated !
    And yeah ! 20 reps on TSR would be just fantastic. I wish I could give you 20 of those at once .. but I can't, I can only give 1 per post. He he ...
    Anyway - enjoy your dreams - in all the depths and colours !
    Haha thanks! Just in case you were interested, last night I ended up dreaming about this weird outdoor place...
    There was a café, and my friend and I somehow got the idea that it was a ghost café, so we closed it, and on the way out, met an old woman who was on her way in. We explained that it was closed, and then went on our way. Then, in the middle of the woods, we saw this concrete building, which, I think, might have been the toilet block. So we went inside, and looked into one of the open cubicles (why??? lol) and for some reason which I can't explain, it was just super scary. There was a metal grid on top of a bath, and everything looked... old. Then, we looked in another cubicle, and there was a child in the bath. I remember we tried to tell him that it was a ghost bath, but he seemed strangely calm, and then we realised that he was a ghost. Anyway, we were heading out, when some real police caught us. Apparently, the old woman who we had stopped before was a ghost, and she went into the café anyway, and somehow, we had just committed a crime... not sure what happened in the end, though. But I think my dreams were oddly influenced by Halloween...
    Golly, I do hate scary dreams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmed766)
    HahHahahaha just playin man but yeah dreams are really interesting and according to some people they have a link to real life?
    LOL. OK. I was joking too by the way !
    Yes they are interesting, you are right.
    And yeah it may or may not be so but they could have a link to real life indeed and I think at least some people would argue that we (or some people) can dream about what is going to happen in reality.
    Whatever the case may be, I can certainly tell you that from my own personal experience this was confirmed to be the case on a number of occasions. Who knows ?.. And how do we rationally / scientifically explain that ? ..

ReputationRep:
    Haha thanks! Just in case you were interested, last night I ended up dreaming about this weird outdoor place...
    There was a café, and my friend and I somehow got the idea that it was a ghost café, so we closed it, and on the way out, met an old woman who was on her way in. We explained that it was closed, and then went on our way. Then, in the middle of the woods, we saw this concrete building, which, I think, might have been the toilet block. So we went inside, and looked into one of the open cubicles (why??? lol) and for some reason which I can't explain, it was just super scary. There was a metal grid on top of a bath, and everything looked... old. Then, we looked in another cubicle, and there was a child in the bath. I remember we tried to tell him that it was a ghost bath, but he seemed strangely calm, and then we realised that he was a ghost. Anyway, we were heading out, when some real police caught us. Apparently, the old woman who we had stopped before was a ghost, and she went into the café anyway, and somehow, we had just committed a crime... not sure what happened in the end, though. But I think my dreams were oddly influenced by Halloween...
    Golly, I do hate scary dreams
    Amazing !.. What a dream!
    Yes it is no coincidence that you have been having such dreams around the Halloween time. He he, joking.
    Thank you very much again for sharing your dreams with me - and in a story-like detailed format, and taking the time. I really appreciate. I am certainly interested in your dreams and what you have to say and contribute.
    You have interesting and vivid dreams for sure, and I very much liked this latest one you described. It is a bit scary indeed, it is mysterious, weird, surreal, but also somewhat intense and adventurous ... A perfect example of an intriguing plot and story line that our mind is capable of conceiving in a dream. And it could often be illogical and inconsistent, even bizarre of course.
    But that is one of the factors that make our dreams an exciting and fascinating phenomenon to us, isn't that ?
    Good luck with seeing more dreams - no less amazing ones ! Though no more of the scary ones, I must add.

ReputationRep:
    Amazing !.. What a dream!
    Yes it is no coincidence that you have been having such dreams around the Halloween time. He he, joking.
    Thank you very much again for sharing your dreams with me - and in a story-like detailed format, and taking the time. I really appreciate. I am certainly interested in your dreams and what you have to say and contribute.
    You have interesting and vivid dreams for sure, and I very much liked this latest one you described. It is a bit scary indeed, it is mysterious, weird, surreal, but also somewhat intense and adventurous ... A perfect example of an intriguing plot and story line that our mind is capable of conceiving in a dream. And it could often be illogical and inconsistent, even bizarre of course.
    But that is one of the factors that make our dreams an exciting and fascinating phenomenon to us, isn't that ?
    Good luck with seeing more dreams - no less amazing ones ! Though no more of the scary ones, I must add.
    lol I'll try! (if possible) Last night it was where the house burnt down - another scary one, and I hope not a foreshadowing of the future... then again, Einstein appeared in it, so probably not!
    Haha, I'm sorry if I'm turning this into my dream blog - I just couldn't resist mentioning that one - but I'll try not to post any more of my silly little dreams up

ReputationRep:
    lol I'll try! (if possible) Last night it was where the house burnt down - another scary one, and I hope not a foreshadowing of the future... then again, Einstein appeared in it, so probably not!
    Haha, I'm sorry if I'm turning this into my dream blog - I just couldn't resist mentioning that one - but I'll try not to post any more of my silly little dreams up
    Wow, another interesting one ! Thank you.
    And no please do not apologize at all - that is great. I do understand that you feel like sharing it !
    This is precisely what I have created this thread for. It is like a collection, an archive of people's dreams and what they remember of them. Could certainly be that, why not ? So you are in the right place !
    Do not worry about using it as a "blog", LOL. On the contrary, please carry on if you wish and post and share more of your dreams (if there are any !). I would be happy to read on ...

ReputationRep:
    I don't even sleep let alone dream. Sleep is for pussies. Push yourself to the point of pure exhaustion. It's more fun that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaffacake111)
    I don't even sleep let alone dream. Sleep is for pussies. Push yourself to the point of pure exhaustion. It's more fun that way.
    I see ... But are you not finding it difficult ? I would still strongly suggest that you try and get a good sleep (or at least some) if possible because it is really important for the body (and mind too I guess). So unless there is some really important reason to, my advice is to try and not miss out on sleep.
    And in case it is for time saving reasons, it might be better to consider saving some time from other activities or routines instead.
    Please do not skip sleeping deliberately (at least not too often or regularly) if possible. And I would not push myself to exhaustion on purpose, better not to compromise your health and body etc.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.