The Student Room Group

Do you/have you ever used Tinder?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JD1lla
No females ever reply / message first

I use to but never got responses back!? :dontknow:
Reply 41
Nope, wish it had been around when I was single though.. would have made things a lot easier.
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
may i remind you this is a student forum not a dating site

Who says it can't be both?
Original post by Foo.mp3
May I remind you that .co.uk pertains to the United Kingdom of Great Britain, not the Islamic Caliphate of Greater Bradford

:eek4:
Have used it before, have meet a couple of people on there but never got into a relationship from there.
I use Tinder. But not having much luck. Girls either never answer back or are actually spam.
Maybe :ninja:
No. Not interested dating apps or sites.
Original post by pizzad0gs
That's actually really true, I also got matched with lots of girls but like none of them messaged me, unlike the dozens of messages I had from guys ;~;

Hahah thanks, I try to be open about sex and really blunt about things - jumping around the subject is boring :tongue: Also in response to your other comment - do it! Tinder's amusing when you've not got much to do, and it's a nice way of meeting people, even if it doesn't lead to anything (plus, if you're not in the best of moods or you don't have high self esteem it can also help! I accidentally spread Tinder through my group of friends, who got it after I was really open about it oops)

well Ive a gf now so im not sure thats the best idea haha

but yeh I probably should. I wont get confident by hiding in a corner. but yeh you seem cool. *dances about*
I don't use it. But always thought men use dating apps such as Tinder for 'fun' and hooking up only.
Nope never. I've only used Pof. I was thinking of joining again as I've met the nicest people online, however I'm always worried I'll stumble across someone I know and then I guess I'd feel embarrassed about it. Has this ever crossed anyone else's mind?
Original post by phunky_fresh
Nope never. I've only used Pof. I was thinking of joining again as I've met the nicest people online, however I'm always worried I'll stumble across someone I know and then I guess I'd feel embarrassed about it. Has this ever crossed anyone else's mind?

I stumbled across a guy who used to go to my primary school (he was/is two years older than me), it was so awkward because he had no idea who I was but I was like I KNOW YOU ALREADY :rofl:
nope, i think it is best to start a relationship face to face
Original post by Anonymous
Naa why use Tinder when you got Grindr :wink:

Smooth
I use it all the time. When I'm camping.
Used it for the last two weeks. Met a nice girl from South Korea on there but other than that, just rivers of bots who want sex and to click a malware ridden link. I'd give it a 2/10
Original post by Tabstercat
i got laid using gardeners world forum, beat that

I got laid using HTML text chat, beat that
Original post by Danny the Geezer
Oh- I would never have guessed. :colondollar:

lmao
Original post by Foo.mp3
Apologies if my previous post was felt to be offensive, perhaps I should have phrased it in a less confrontational/more explicatory manner. I will not be gagged however, particularly not on matters pertaining to Islamism, and am duty bound to rephrase and reassert the fact, implicit in my earlier comment, that:

This is a British site and the "students" to whom you refer are typically British and/or studying in Britain, British society/educational institutions are governed by increasingly 'progressive' secular norms and laws (albeit largely Judeo-Christian in origin), and although we do tend to subscribe to the virtues of tolerance and diversity, us Brits won't tolerate anyone (except for transnational capitalists, unfortunately) trying to impose their particular ideologies on us, and especially not those seeking to curtail our personal liberties - including freedom of speech/expression e.g. flirting/getting to know prospective dates. In this context, I felt compelled to communicate to you that it is not for you, or any other Muslim, to censor users of this site/members of our society

This may seem like (and is, essentially) small chips but it only takes one person to get it into their head that it's ok to go around dictating to others in society how to go about their business to spawn a fascist movement. We have already seen similar sentiments spill out onto the streets with the 'Muslim Police'/homophobic print propaganda movements, etc. We won't tolerate such nonsense on TSR (however mildly it may manifest itself) any more than we will in other settings

Shukran, as-salamu alaykum

Thank you for the aplogie and I can see you feel strongly about this but regardless of whether or not you rephrased your other post in a less confrontational matter it is still clear to me that you were getting a highly offensive message across to me - the fact you had used Bradford as an example of a high Muslim population seems fair by there was no reason whatsoever to target that at me.
As for this post, I did not mean for it to defy the odds of a British site, I know it is so and being British myself I can understand your frustration. However I am not and will never emphasise my opinions on anyone so to say that's what I was intending is unfair
Reply 59
Original post by Anonymous
Really? didn't know you needed facebook to sign up :frown: o well, i was thinking about using it to see if i'm as bad looking online as i seem to be in person :lol:

Yeah, apparently it's to "avoid fake profiles".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending