The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
Just like your life :smile:

lame comeback
Reply 41
Original post by drowzee
I agree to some extent, but surely it cannot be the only reason? Parents contribute a large amount to a child's thought process, and if their parents do not care they will not either. Poor schools with terrible careers advice, coupled with parents placing less importance put on education and laziness is a recipe for disaster. I'd argue is more to do with upbringing more than anything else.

Personally, I think rich white boys are just as lazy or driven as poor white boys, it just doesn't matter as much. I think there are a host of other reasons, from social (e.g. mental health problems (linked to poverty), peer pressure to be anti-education, lack of support (with homework etc)) to genetic and environmental (e.g. lower IQ (linked to mothers drinking more during pregnancy) etc.). NB poor white girls have all these problems as well, but I think the peer pressure not to be good is much stronger for boys than girls. So the sisters of these poor white boys will generally do better.
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
lame comeback

You do realise I was being sarcastic when I quoted you with the chav pic, I assure you I don't speak in that way naturally.
too racist and backward brah

can tell from TSR!
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
White boys underachieving - something wrong with the group.

Any other group underachieving - something wrong with the system.

:rolleyes:

lol, won't let me rep you, but this perfectly sums it up.
You do realise I was being sarcastic when I quoted you with the chav pic, I assure you I don't speak in that way naturally.

the chav pic?
Original post by intelligent con
It's because white students tend to be lazier than hard working asians of the same background

Much generalisation. Such hyperbole.
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
the chav pic?

You thought I was serious?
You thought I was serious?

oh i got you no i knew you wer kidding
Original post by AlexS101
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/34667100/poor-white-boys-get-a-worse-start-in-life-says-equality-report

In the current situation of making sure that Girls and Ethnic minorities have every avenue open to them, it seems that one group have been completely left behind by the education system.
Couldn't possibly be even partially due to all of these schemes that are only open to girls or other minority groups could it? (Or at least that doesn't suit the BBC agenda).

White males?
:nothing:
Dispose of them.

Psst, I don't think she realises at all.
Asian super race is back baby!!
Original post by Bill_Gates
Asian super race is back baby!!

China never left!
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
China never left!

China is only just arriving on the world stage!!
Original post by AlexS101
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/34667100/poor-white-boys-get-a-worse-start-in-life-says-equality-report

In the current situation of making sure that Girls and Ethnic minorities have every avenue open to them, it seems that one group have been completely left behind by the education system.
Couldn't possibly be even partially due to all of these schemes that are only open to girls or other minority groups could it? (Or at least that doesn't suit the BBC agenda).

What are the lifestyle choices of these boys?

Do they study 12-16 hours a day?
Do they have the relentless drive to be the best in their field?
Are they willing to make the sacrifices that you need to achieve?

No doubt some white males from poor backgrounds do the things above.
And I bet they don't stay poor.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
What are the lifestyle choices of these boys?

Do they study 12-16 hours a day?
Do they have the relentless drive to be the best in their field?
Are they willing to make the sacrifices that you need to achieve?

No doubt some white males from poor backgrounds do the things above.
And I bet they don't stay poor.

They sacrifice other children to Cernunnos, regularly.
didn't take a genius to work this out, they simply don't have the work ethic. Hence why the EU still appeals to most people of power.
Original post by Farm_Ecology
Evidence?

Have you watched this yet? the first two episodes have been deleted. Only the third episode is available.

[video="youtube;DYGxAwRUpaI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYGxAwRUpaI[/video]
as if I would rep a Muslim...

Just why would you call yourself Dajall:afraid:
Reply 59
:biggrin:

Awkward moment when you realise under achieving white males still trump every other race- male or female and every single comment in this thread is worthless.

The ethnics are getting better though.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending