The Student Room Group

Woman flushes newborn down TOILET!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
There are couples out there desperate to have a child of their own, and this woman does this to her OWN baby?

Absolutely disgusting.
Original post by saxsan4
Like what? i would be very happy to have her slowly burned to death. I am utterly taken back at the evil mind this thing has. She should not be called a human as she is just too revolting to even think about. I cant believe someone would be so cruel.

Oh, do shut up.
Reply 42
Original post by Profesh
Oh, do shut up.

Take your own advice.
Reply 43
Original post by Profesh
Oh, do shut up.

The child is suffering so no i will exercise my right
strange world we live in, some people want children but for unfortunate reasons can't have any, and the one's who do... abuse it. Hmm hope the baby is okay and woman receives some kind of help.
Daily mail T_T
Original post by saxsan4
thats completely different

Chances are both women were mentally ill.

I'm not condoning it though.
Original post by Kaeden
Take your own advice.

Sorry; I meant to say, 'oh, I'm so aghast at this hideous tragedy which I lack the requisite faculties of reason, intuition and compassion to even minutely comprehend; rather than attempt to educate myself on what could possibly drive a fellow human-being to commit such a reprehensible act, let's instead copiously over-indulge my unreconstructed mediaeval appetite for vengeance by joining a seething mass of like-minded degenerates in wishing outlandish and sadistic punishments upon a complete stranger'.

As you were, Outraged-from-Basildon.
(edited 8 years ago)
What she did was absolutely disgusting, however wishing an equally reprehensible fate upon the perpetrator seems to me to not only be counter-intuitive, but also a reflection on those who call for it. In other words you blood thirsty idiots are sinking to a level which should not be entertained in a civilised society.
The death penalty needs to be re-instated for scum like her
Original post by Danz123
What she did was absolutely disgusting, however wishing an equally reprehensible fate upon the perpetrator seems to me to not only be counter-intuitive, but also a reflection on those who call for it. In other words you blood thirsty idiots are sinking to a level which should not be entertained in a civilised society.

Only a lefty like you would say someone who tries to kill a soulless murderer is on the same level as someone who tries to kill an innocent defenseless baby. You people make me sick. I hope she burns in hell.
Original post by samina_ay
strange world we live in, some people want children but for unfortunate reasons can't have any, and the one's who do... abuse it. Hmm hope the baby is okay and woman receives some kind of help.

Don't you mean the gallows?
People who seem to be arguing for bloodlust are perhaps mistaken. Surely a long period behind bars is a far more harsh punishment than capital punishment. Why do you think so many criminals commit suicide after their crimes?
Original post by Gears265
Only a lefty like you would say someone who tries to kill a soulless murderer is on the same level as someone who tries to kill an innocent defenseless baby. You people make me sick. I hope she burns in hell.

You shouldn't kill anyone as it helps nothing, and hell doesn't exist. Besides, even if it did, why should someone deserve an infinite punishment for a finite crime?
Reply 54
Original post by Danz123
You shouldn't kill anyone as it helps nothing, and hell doesn't exist. Besides, even if it did, why should someone deserve an infinite punishment for a finite crime?

this isnt a finite crime, the babies life is over
Original post by saxsan4
this isnt a finite crime, the babies life is over

That doesn't prevent it from being a finite crime... as in a crime which happened over a time span with a start and end. If the baby's life is over then it's of course terrible, but nothing could compare to an eternity of suffering in hell. If such a place existed, not even the most evil people would deserve to go there. We can't comprehend eternity so there's no point tacking on a vague term like 'punishment' and saying justice should be served. It wouldn't be justice if the punishment didn't fit the crime, and an eternity in hell would be far too harsh.
(edited 8 years ago)
So... she didn't know she was pregnant?
Reply 57
Original post by Gears265

Obviously what this women did is far more reprehensible than calling for her death/torture, but that doesn't mean that wishing death or pain upon her is right or has any benefit. What would her death accomplish, really? Certainly her actions cannot be undone. If we understood what it is that makes people do such heinous things, rather than just viewing them as "evil", as some essentially inhuman entity, we could probably prevent far more innocent suffering than may ever be prevented by just killing anyone who commits a terrible crime.
Someone should feed her to the sharks.
Reply 59
Original post by Bjornhattan
No sane person would do something like that.

Sane people have tortured millions, experimented on human beings and tried to slaughter entire ethnic groups in death camps. There is no direct link whatsoever between doing heinous things and being insane.

If you're to extend the definition of insanity that far, you might as well label all criminals as lunatics. Virtually every crime can be traced back to a person's psychological state, their upbringing, the influences upon them or some other factor. That does not mean they have entirely alienated reason and judgement.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest