Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

do you ever ignore fat people? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    That's a nonsensical statement to make, what if someone is overweight but extremely intelligent or has a really intricate understanding of something useful? They might have neglected one aspect of their life, but perfected another.

It makes no sense to demean people who are overweight, but not care at all about people with other bad habits.

Who is to say I respect drug addicts? or anorexic people? Most people are given a choice what they do and don't do with their bodies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    You jealous OP?
    Your profile picture is the best thing ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    Cause aren't we supposed to be bigger than that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Limp Handshake)
    your argument is flawed
    Do you want a smaller or bigger state?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Limp Handshake)
    your argument is flawed
    Right........

ReputationRep:
    I try to ignore them but you can't really, they take up so much space and always get in the way. Plus I get overly angry when fat people are in the way and walking slow on a narrow path

ReputationRep:
    You can't just treat people unfairly because they're fat. Some of those 'fat' people probably have a better personality than you (OP). Not all of them choose to be that way, it could be because of health issues or their genes. There are many reasons as to why they're that way. Yes, some of them might just be really lazy people but really, why go assuming things about someone/people you don't even know properly and/or will never meet?

Same goes for people with Anorexia and other eating disorders. Not everyone is surrounded by the right kind of people who make them feel good about themselves. Or just where they live and how society deems some body types to be the 'perfect' size. You never know if that fat guy or girl is going to be one of the best people you'll meet.

ReputationRep:
    No, why should I ignore them? Do they bite?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dima-Blackburn)
    No, why should I ignore them? Do they bite?
    They bite quite a lot.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ujuo_)
    You can't just treat people unfairly because they're fat. Some of those 'fat' people probably have a better personality than you (OP). Not all of them choose to be that way, it could be because of health issues or their genes. There are many reasons as to why they're that way. Yes, some of them might just be really lazy people but really, why go assuming things about someone/people you don't even know properly and/or will never meet?

Same goes for people with Anorexia and other eating disorders. Not everyone is surrounded by the right kind of people who make them feel good about themselves. Or just where they live and how society deems some body types to be the 'perfect' size. You never know if that fat guy or girl is going to be one of the best people you'll meet.
    Can we not choose how we treat people though? Is it not our right ? As long as we act within the law of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanDYEL)
    Can we not choose how we treat people though? Is it not our right ? As long as we act within the law of course.
    So since it's your right, you'll choose to treat them unfairly? Unless that person did something that offended you, why does their weight cause such unfair treatment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ujuo_)
    So since it's your right, you'll choose to treat them unfairly? Unless that person did something that offended you, why does their weight cause such unfair treatment?
    Wouldn't really say ignoring them is 'such unfair treatment'. I personally ignore a lot of people. And I'm not going to get into reasons why it is bad for the countries economy to be fat, you can just research that yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ujuo_)
    You could argue that an obese person's fat rolls offends your eyes...

ReputationRep:
    Idk why I'm replying to this thread..
    Although I shouldn't, I tend to ignore and avoid the ones who's breathing is extremely loud, or are overly sweaty.. Loud breathing is high up on my list of pet-peeves and I just don't like being around sweaty people, I guess not only obese people fit into those categories though.
    But yeah, people shouldn't be ignored, no matter their shape and size.

ReputationRep:
    They bite quite a lot.....

ReputationRep:
    Only if they don't fart and give us a clue

No. I treat everyone the same.

ReputationRep:
    If they don't respect their own bodies enough not to get fat then why should we respect them
    stfu you stupid gym monkey nobody gives a **** about your sad obsession with body image.
    Most of the guys who go anal about their bodies and what they eat 24/7 are 100% gay in fact I bet more than 60% of the gym regulars at my local gym are homosexuals - nothing wrong with that but please don't try and fool us. Your obsession with aesthetics is bordering on sexualising the male form...

B4 you call me fat know that my body fat is less than 13% and I'm naturally slim.

It's makes me very sad how fat or ugly people are unfavourable to people. Suppose it's just the way it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny McCoyne)
    stfu you stupid gym monkey nobody gives a **** about your sad obsession with body image.
    Most of the guys who go anal about their bodies and what they eat 24/7 are 100% gay in fact I bet more than 60% of the gym regulars at my local gym are homosexuals - nothing wrong with that but please don't try and fool us. Your obsession with aesthetics is bordering on sexualising the male form...

B4 you call me fat know that my body fat is less than 13% and I'm naturally slim.
    Wow what a pointless rant.....I'm more interested in a strong and healthy body rather than one that looks really good. Image has very little to do with it, and i bet i eat a lot more junk food than most fat people. I think maybe you're upset about something......

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.