Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is your honest opinion on Islam? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _lexnne)
    I always take the viewpoint of if it doesn't affect me, then I have no right to judge someone. The religion of a person doesn't bother me at all (one of my best friend's is Muslim, and she's far more tolerant and open minded than some of my atheist friends, going to show that religion doesn't always dictate morals) as long as they themselves are a good person.
    The Quran forrbids to have Christian and Jewish friends. Even they are encouraged to act friendly towards them but betray if it "helps Islam".

ReputationRep:
    It's an evil cult whose followers wish to overthrow capitalism, dress funnily and spend a lot of time moaning and praying.

I like it.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I find the teaching extremely BS and evil. There is everything from mass murder to pedophilia to rape, etc.
    But the people, I have a few Muslim friends, and they're decent. I live in an Islamic(sort of) country, so I could be jailed for saying this. But I just answered honestly I guess, since the government is using religion as an excuse to control the masses. (Trying to restrict selling of alcohol on certain days? wtf?)
    tl;dr, hate the religion not the people

ReputationRep:
    it is misjudged alot, via media.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMoralStruggle)
    I honestly think northern england is far more barbaric than Saudi or Pakistan. Have you seen some of the sluts with their kids in Rochdale? Just an endless cycle of eat, ****, drink, take drugs and repeat the cycle. Even the good parts of England are highly dysfunctional; mothers here, fathers there, step this and that, black fathers, parents that aren't even married, geriatric mothers, teen mothers - all in all, a total shambles. I dont see any Asians that live that way, they follow fairly conventional solid routines and if the kids or the mothers acts up they are given a ****ing good *****ing. None of these silly hangups about private schools among Asians either btw; all that seems to be gora boy nonsense. If we just allowed muslims to just take over the northern mill towns we'd be doing the area a huge favour, perhaps a few months of violent physical action (a sort of moral radiotherapy if you will) but after that would be long term stability fo sho. But definitely none of this gayboy nonsense about condoms or counselling, just straightforward physical threats.
    You sir are retarded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shirogirl)
    I'm glad you understand part of what I am saying.
    As regards to Arabic lifestyle, I have close friends who do not follow it to, I agree that there are people!
    But a few questions:
    - Why pray towards Saudi?
    - Why say "Assalamu Alaikum" instead of "Peace onto you"?
    - Why are the prayers in Arabic? The Adhaan in Arabic? Our messengers Arab? Our compulsory pilgrimage to an Arab country? Follow an Arab calender?
    - Why is a piece of cloth on our head (Arab style) a milestone of modesty? But loose clothing isn't enough?
    - Why is it that as a religious group there is general hatred against the Jews? A lot of random issues seem to be "because the jews want unrest". This is an age-old Arab problem which I have seen applied even in Malaysia

Things like the above make me feel personally that it's an arab-centric religion that is trying to branch out. I believe God loves people of all races and the Arab element isn't necessary. But it cannot be removed without someone claiming it's "Bid'ah".
    I can see that some people do not think so, but this is my experience unfortunately
    Cleary this whole Arabic life style thing is bugging you out. Have you ever actually consider looking in the Quran for answers, have you done any research or even considered asking a professional or even just your parents? I don't think its that deep and you don't have any reason to stress about it but I guess that's just my opinion. I hope you find the answers to all your questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by battycatlady)
    I'm am critical of Islam as a religion as I believe it advocates views that are sexist, homophobic and etc and is very damaging to society.

However, I have no problems with the majority of Muslims as individuals. At the end of the day, most of them are just your average people who have a family, work a boring 9-5 job and enjoy watching crap on the TV.

I DESPISE the media portrayal of Islam. Frankly, it is extremely racist and promotes hatred. If a Muslim kills someone, it is automatically branded as terrorism. If it's anyone else, it's just murder. And if it's a white person, it's usually blamed on 'they were drove to it because of depression'. No. Just stop.

I hate seeing Islam painted as this horrific religion when Christianity is likewise responsible for millions of deaths and some pretty horrendous crap over the centuries.

In fact, people in general have been ****ing awful, not just some Muslims and some Christians.

It 'aint just religion that causes issues. Governments have a hell of a lot to answer for.
    I like how you mentioned the 'sexist' part. I feel that some part of islam is not necessarily sexist but unfair..( how the man have control over women and one can marry 4 wives.. ect) However I would blame most of the sexism that is happening on today society. In todays world men defiantly treat women unfaily and have why too many exceptions in women.
    Most men go out spending most of there time at shisha bars all day and showing off all over snapchat and on any other days they're out drinking, getting 'lit'. However when they marry the expect to marry a woman from there home town who has never seen a mans parts and has been completely untouched. They expect them to now how to cook clean and mother a child yet these are the men that go out taking the vaginity of these girls. I am not saying that all the men are like this and for the men that aren't like this they are the ones who deserve wonderful wives. For the ones that are they deserve the wives that do the same acts as them.
    Arranged marriage is also has something to do with it which I am strongly against especially at for young girls! OMG this pisses me off sooo much!!! There is no part of islam that say we should have arranged marriage so I don't see why young girl should be going through hoofing experience of old pedophile men destroying the bodies of vunrable inossent girls . This is very common in places like India. And no its not always with young girls but majority of the time it is. Some people believe that it is right and some people do end up living happily together however majority of the time its the complete opposite. Its sad and disgusting and most of the time these girls don't have a choice. Again this is not part of the religion it is people who have made it seem as if it is part of the religion. I feel that most of this sexism is from todays idaviduals and the blame shouldn't be on the religion.

ReputationRep:
    I find Islam as a religion deeply unpleasant, evil, savage, arrogant and backwards, all of which can be used to describe Allah.

As for muslims, they must be judged individually according to their actions just like everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    Mentally deranged, the same as all other religious people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zetamcfc)
    Mentally deranged, the same as all other religious people.
    I couldn't decide which one of these applied to you most so I'm choosing both. Anyway, both are you:

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  47.8 KB

Attachment 473955473957
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    The sister religion of Christianity. I don't really all that garbage and manipulation to make all Muslims look like they're out to get us,almost half of my friends are Muslims and we get along just fine and they're so open and caring

ReputationRep:
    An abhorrent faith that has nothing unique and seems to hate everything I find good and positive in life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    I couldn't decide which one of these applied to you most so I'm choosing both. Anyway, both are you:

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  47.8 KB

Attachment 473955473957
    How hurtful. Why not address the point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeremy1988)
    All of that made me think of the way Catholicism used to be, actually.
    I think that Islam might potentially be reformed. After all, most Christians managed to change their values over time in spite of the Bible remaining the same. But Islam as it stands is as much a political vessel for Arab culture as Catholicism was a vessel for Roman culture.
    This was very interesting and insightful to read! Thank you for that.

However to add to this discussion I might say that Islam narrates that Christianity evolved from its original message and warns Muslims not to do the same. Many times in fact. Thus I doubt Islam will reform as there will always be some people who are wary of "becoming misguided" as the Christians did.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ssdizzy12)
    So you believe that extremist muslims did do 9/11 ?
    I do, but I know that the majority of muslims are not like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    An abhorrent faith that has nothing unique and seems to hate everything I find good and positive in life.
    Even the shared brotherhood, charity, opposition to usury in banking, strong controls on diet/removing the harmful ones, protecting women from the base elements in life.?...what among those are in anyway undesirable? Bearing in mind the overwhelming problem with British society right now is excess; greedy reckless banking, promiscuity, drunkeness etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMoralStruggle)
    Even the shared brotherhood, charity, opposition to usury in banking, strong controls on diet/removing the harmful ones, protecting women from the base elements in life.?...what among those are in anyway undesirable? Bearing in mind the overwhelming problem with British society right now is excess; greedy reckless banking, promiscuity, drunkeness etc...
    While it may have aspects that are 'good' they are not unique so regardless of Islam there things would still exist.

But a lot of woolly and backward thinking you show there

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.