Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

So apparently kicking someone's seat in a lecture to shut them up is childish watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    We've established that attention-to-detail isn't really your strong suit (unlike inventing new aliases on internet forums, presumably), so that sits perfectly well with me.
    I take it's nothing worth while then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mistyblue~)
    Tap them both on the head with an empty bottle, if behaviour persists tap them both on the head with a bottle thats full.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Will do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keyhofi)
    Woah.. what just happened? :eek:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    Tumblr happened.
    Basically. LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rummie)
    Is it? I mean holy **** sHUT UPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Basically, I told these two girls in front of me to quieten down because I'm trying to make use of the £9000 that I have to fork out for University and they really wouldn't- So, I did the most logical thing at the time which was to kick the pole that connected their seats together really hard and they jumped and turned around to look at me with really offended faces and-

Okay. I'd be lying if I said that my face was straight as I apologised n i c e l y BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT it wasn't because their faces were hilarious and it served them right I mean they don't talk very much anymore when I'm sitting near them with my group of friends.

But idk guys a lot of people have given me mixed opinions about what I did; some have said that they deserved it, others have said that it was too childish for university, seeing as I had just started this September and was supposed to be mature by now.

Opinions?

Also, how do you deal with noisy people in your lectures? I'd love to try those methods out sometimes.

Oh yeah and I'm generally a chill person and I don't really go around kicking people's chairs /for those that may tell me to take a calmer approach in life

THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: I did tell them to pipe down a couple of times and even told them to shut up so yeah I didn't just randomly kick their chairs HAHAHAHAHAHAH
    Judging from the way you type you seem pretty loud yourself..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmed766)
    Judging from the way you type you seem pretty loud yourself..
    Ah yes, my inner voice is constantly screaming. A lot of people worry about it but I haven't killed anyone yet!

ReputationRep:
    Is it? I mean holy **** sHUT U

Basically, I told these two girls in front of me to quieten down because I'm trying to make use of the £9000 that I have to fork out for University and they really wouldn't- So, I did the most logical thing at the time which was to kick the pole that connected their seats together really hard and they jumped and turned around to look at me with really offended faces and-

Okay. I'd be lying if I said that my face was straight as I apologised n i c e l y BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT it wasn't because their faces were hilarious and it served them right I mean they don't talk very much anymore when I'm sitting near them with my group of friends.

But idk guys a lot of people have given me mixed opinions about what I did; some have said that they deserved it, others have said that it was too childish for university, seeing as I had just started this September and was supposed to be mature by now.

Opinions?

Also, how do you deal with noisy people in your lectures? I'd love to try those methods out sometimes.

Oh yeah and I'm generally a chill person and I don't really go around kicking people's chairs /for those that may tell me to take a calmer approach in life

THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: I did tell them to pipe down a couple of times and even told them to shut up so yeah I didn't just randomly kick their chairs HAHAHAHAHAHAH
    Just a tad

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, my inner voice is constantly screaming. A lot of people worry about it but I haven't killed anyone yet!
    Yet? O_o
    But yeah I would have tackled the problem in a different way but your way is still efficient ت

ReputationRep:
    I have witnessed a lecturer loudly telling a student to 'GET OUT' before!

Sadly it seems like the two girls in front haven't realised that you are supposed to gain this academic qualification called a degree at the end of Uni and seem to think that Uni is a 3 year p*ss up/.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wimbs)

Sadly it seems like the two girls in front haven't realised that you are supposed to gain this academic qualification called a degree at the end of Uni and seem to think that Uni is a 3 year p*ss up/.
    WHOA HOLY CRAP THAT SOUNDS INTIMIDATING :O

And I agree ^^ Thanks for your opinion~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wimbs)

Which course? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    You kick their chairs a bit harder for me next time.

ReputationRep:
    Is it? I mean holy **** sHUT UPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Opinions?

THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS

The fact that you apologised made it like...
    If you did it for a valid reason and you told them sternly more than once to stfu then you could have done it and straight faced them or cut your eyes.

Why would you apologise?

ReputationRep:
    it is

ReputationRep:
    You just did what's most people want to do xD I would love to kick some chairs sometimes!! It probably was childish but it got the job done :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    I'd have cut off their hair if they did not stop talking after I told them to pipe down.

You're okay.
    Pretty sure that counts as assault...

Or maybe that's just in the US.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackien1)
    Pretty sure that counts as assault...

Or maybe that's just in the US.
    A charge of actual bodily harm for cutting another person's hair is possible in the UK: DPP v Smith (2006)

ReputationRep:
    You were right to do what you did OP, don't listen to these kids with sticks up their asses telling you you shouldn't have

ReputationRep:
    I think you could have handled the situation slightly better.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.