Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by RiotGirll)
    Haha ok :teehee: What about the mornings btw?
    Around 7am to just before 10.

I guess you need to get used to the idea of being stuck in huge crowds of people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    yass and HARRODS

i may be broke af but that doesn't stop me from window shopping and spraying on AAAAAAALLLLLLL the perfumes
    A girl actually shop lifted from harrods once but she couldn't get away,the security guards chased after her

ReputationRep:
    Why a ****hole? Crime?
    I guess it's just a combination of things you'll find in any city. Pollution, traffic, noise, rude people, crowds, crime, gangs. No real sense of community either.

Guess I just hate cities, really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    Around 7am to just before 10.

I guess you need to get used to the idea of being stuck in huge crowds of people
    I live in Blackpool so we get loads of people in summer. London is crazy tho

So long as people aren't dodgy I don't mind being in a crowd
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I'm working in the City but have an admin job so will be running around a lot picking up stuff for people, what's a good location?

Thanks in advance
    Probably somewhere on the jubilee line/dlr as that goes to canary warf and such. I lived in Canada Water, SE which was ok straight on the jubilee line and only 25 minutes or so to Westminster. It really depends on money. I was paying £600pm including bills for a room in Deptford, nearer the Canada Water side plus my monthly oyster which was about £100odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    A girl actually shop lifted from harrods once but she couldn't get away,the security guards chased after her
    Do you need to look a certain way to get into harrods btw?

ReputationRep:
    Omg thank you repped

Yeah I don't do Waitrose haha. Do you even have Greggs in London though never seen one lol

Is Edgware Road cheap for accommodation?

What's the best way to get home from nights out? I usually catch bus or walk here because I live close to the city centre, I am good at staying safe alone but in London would i have to get an expensive taxi?

Avoid schoolkids on buses got it :borat:

thank youuu
    Greggs is litERALLY everywhere... well maybe not there's more Subways and Wenzels but Gregg is EVERYWHERE in central!

idk if it's cheap for accomodation but here have a look:
    http://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/prop..._source=refine

prices vary...

hmm idk taxis aren't THAT expensive like they're £15 from Brent to Central... which is like a 25 min drive... i think that's the safest option but don't get any random taxi that's dangerous too. You could get the bus i've been on buses regularly by myself at like 11 at night (they're surprisingly packed!) and it's been fine no bad experiences yet! but i think the trains will have more weird people on them. In fact i've had worse experiences in broad daylight!

Generally they don't bother you if you dont bother them so keep a low profile

ask more haha i love this it's like the only knowledge i have
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by z33)
    Greggs is litERALLY everywhere... well maybe not there's more Subways and Wenzels but Gregg is EVERYWHERE in central!

prices vary...

hmm idk taxis aren't THAT expensive like they're £15 from Brent to Central... which is like a 25 min drive... i think that's the safest option but don't get any random taxi that's dangerous too. You could get the bus i've been on buses regularly by myself at like 11 at night (they're surprisingly packed!) and it's been fine no bad experiences yet! but i think the trains will have more weird people on them. In fact i've had worse experiences in broad daylight!

I can never find Greggs round here :cry2: Just stupid Pretts. Back in Glasgow you couldn't move for Greggs.

ReputationRep:
    daymmmm... she's brave af - shoplifting from Harrods! i mean i get shops on oxford street (did some work experience at the body shop and some guy picked up a box of 35 body butters and walked out... got away and then some girls came in and took a whole bunch of lip glosses and ran off - in the span of like 4 days) but HARRODS

security there is mad!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I live in Blackpool so we get loads of people in summer. London is crazy tho

So long as people aren't dodgy I don't mind being in a crowd
    Fair enough, but there are quite a few 'dodgy' areas that you'd need to be careful in (e.g. areas like Tottenham, Hackney are quite bad). So it's a big, busy city, but it can be dangerous too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    daymmmm... she's brave af - shoplifting from Harrods! i mean i get shops on oxford street (did some work experience at the body shop and some guy picked up a box of 35 body butters and walked out... got away and then some girls came in and took a whole bunch of lip glosses and ran off - in the span of like 4 days) but HARRODS

security there is mad!
    Did she honestly think she was going to get away,how dumb do you have to be to attempt to rob a store like harrods and think you can get away with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyrical_lie)
    I can never find Greggs round here :cry2: Just stupid Pretts. Back in Glasgow you couldn't move for Greggs.
    what?! i literally see Greggs everywhere! what's so good about it though haha i've only been once and it wasn't like a life changing experience - i prefer Wenzels

Name:  greggs.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  127.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    you need to learn the Lambeth Walk... everybody's doing it !

ReputationRep:
    Did she honestly think she was going to get away,how dumb do you have to be to attempt to rob a store like harrods and think you can get away with it
    inittttt there's like a security guard every 10 cm haha girl's crazy

ReputationRep:
    Omg thank you repped

Yeah I don't do Waitrose haha. Do you even have Greggs in London though never seen one lol

Is Edgware Road cheap for accommodation?

What's the best way to get home from nights out? I usually catch bus or walk here because I live close to the city centre, I am good at staying safe alone but in London would i have to get an expensive taxi?

Avoid schoolkids on buses got it :borat:

thank youuu
    Uber is quite affordable for a late night ride home if the taxi drivers won't go your way. But in general you can catch a night bus that will take you very close to home. I travelled from North to West london by bus before in the early hours of the morning before. It's quite safe as well, most people are either drunk, asleep or really tired and won't bother you at all.

We are all waiting for the 24/7 weekend tube services to behin. Oh, prepare to have your day ****ed over when there's tube or busses strikes. Those are not fun days! Avoid using the buses in busy areas when there is a tube strikes, it is faster to walk at times :lol:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by z33)
    what?! i literally see Greggs everywhere! what's so good about it though haha i've only been once and it wasn't like a life changing experience - i prefer Wenzels

Name:  greggs.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  127.0 KB
    I don't live in that area sadly. I live on the other side of hyde park :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyrical_lie)
    I don't live in that area sadly. I live on the other side of hyde park :cry2:
    what like kensington? that is literally a desert
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by z33)
    what like kensington? that is literally a desert
    Yea, Notting Hill. I agree just starbucks and pretts. (and tourists)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)

prices vary...

Thank you is it best to rent from letting agencies btw and not go private?

oh yeah the night tube is starting soon isn't it?

By keep a low profile do you mean dress conservatively etc.? Maybe it's a Northern thing but though it's really cold here a lot of my friends, me not so much, dress really revealingly on nights out etc. and guys whistle etc. but not had any real problems. Whereas I heard that in London you get a lot of dodgy guys, I've seen a lot round the coach station and stuff

you're so helpful thanks :love:
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    In Oxford Street it's socially acceptable to barge into people and then look at your shoulder as if they're the one that came in like a wrecking ball towards you.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.