Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Walked past Hugh Dennis once.

I think we all just greeted each other and then later realised who it was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    ... met a 'celebrity'? Or someone well-known? Tell me all about it
    I saw tim burton and ken livingston once when I used to work in a bookshop in finchley. Other than that, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banana00)
    Yes, it is
    I shadowed a barrister yesterday and that's how I got to the House of Lords
    oooh that's really cool - in my gap year i'm gonna shadow so many people depending on the events haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    Walked past Hugh Dennis once.

I think we all just greeted each other and then later realised who it was.
    oh my gosh you must've done a double take like "***** was that who i think it was"?!

awesome though!

(Original post by rock_climber86)
    I saw tim burton and ken livingston once when I used to work in a bookshop in finchley. Other than that, no.
    oh... my.... god

TIM BURTON?!

i would've been like

and then cried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    oh... my.... god

TIM BURTON?!

i would've been like
    [img]https://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvtd17LcgG1qbpg5zo1_500.g if[img]

and then cried
    I didn't know who he was at the time. Only after he left my colleagues told me. He asked me for help but I told him I was helping someone else and would help him when I was free, or to go to the rear till where someone free could help him.

Also I found Ken to be bit of a snob in real life.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know who he was at the time. Only after he left my colleagues told me. He asked me for help but I told him I was helping someone else and would help him when I was free, or to go to the rear till where someone free could help him.

Also I found Ken to be bit of a snob in real life.
    :eek: :eek: :eek: whoa man WHOA you didn't know who TIM BURTON was?! duuuuuudddddeeeeeeeee! haha if i was him i would've been like "excuse me... do you even know who I am?"
    :lol: jk but omg that's soooo cool omygosh

ReputationRep:
    I met Susan Boyle. It was really random. I was on holiday in Scotland staying with my Mother's friend and we went to some shopping outlet. We walking into some make-up store and she was there, dancing infront of the shop assistants. I got a picture, she was really friendly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    :eek: :eek: :eek: whoa man WHOA you didn't know who TIM BURTON was?! duuuuuudddddeeeeeeeee! haha if i was him i would've been like "excuse me... do you even know who I am?"
    :lol: jk but omg that's soooo cool omygosh
    **** happens

ReputationRep:
    **** happens
    yeahhhh... oh well haha

that's still reaALLLLyyyy cool though

i bet i've walked past thousands of celebrities in oxford street, hyde park etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    yeahhhh... oh well haha

that's still reaALLLLyyyy cool though

i bet i've walked past thousands of celebrities in oxford street, hyde park etc...
    I have no awareness of celebs, especially their real names. Oh I forgot to mention I saw david cameron in st james park about a year ago flanked by one big male body guard and one short female bodyguard. Think he was out on a brisk walk during a lunch break or something. All the thick ****ing tourists were taking pictures of the ****ing birds when the ****ing PM walked right past them. Ignorant fools But to be fair to them i'd rather take pictures of birds than a Tory, any day of the week! I ****ing hate tories.

ReputationRep:
    Met Ashley Young at the Villa Stadium for primary school football competition. Was kinda cool.

ReputationRep:
    I have no awareness of celebs, especially their real names. Oh I forgot to mention I saw david cameron in st james park about a year ago flanked by one big male body guard and one short female bodyguard. Think he was out on a brisk walk during a lunch break or something. All the thick ****ing tourists were taking pictures of the ****ing birds when the ****ing PM walked right past them. Ignorant fools
    HAHAHAH ohmygosh that's so funny i can just imagine them hahahaha :lol: :lol:
    only 2 guards as well, would've been impossible to miss!
    wow hahaha that's too much
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I've met a few. Most famous one was Michael Jackson. I was only a child back then, and very shy, but he was really nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by radprincess)
    I met Susan Boyle. It was really random. I was on holiday in Scotland staying with my Mother's friend and we went to some shopping outlet. We walking into some make-up store and she was there, dancing infront of the shop assistants. I got a picture, she was really friendly.
    oooh i remember watching her audition! she slayed Simon Cowell so bad hahaha awh! she was funky i love it

(Original post by Carpe Diem Jay)
    Met Ashley Young at the Villa Stadium for primary school football competition. Was kinda cool.
    LEGEND ugh i remember my brother playing FIFA 2008 and fanboying over him haha - and the limited edition match attax card haha. That's awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    HAHAHAH ohmygosh that's so funny i can just imagine them hahahaha :lol: :lol:
    only 2 guards as well, would've been impossible to miss!
    wow hahaha that's too much
    see my edit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittiara)
    I've met a few. Most famous one was Michael Jackson. I was only a child back then, and very shy, but he was really nice.
    HOLD UP WHAT
    you met
    the KING
    Michael ****ING JACKSON

OMYGOD
    OHMYGOD
    ohmygod

oh... my ... god

you are so ****ing lucky oh my god i want to BE YOU hahahaha

excuse me while i cry ...

(as you can tell i love MJ ... a LOT)

ReputationRep:
    see my edit
    hahahahaha yeah i was thinking some people would rather take pictures of birds than DC :lol: just egg him instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittiara)
    Woh TSR celeb just for having met him, haha :adore:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by z33)
    HOLD UP WHAT
    you met
    the KING
    Michael ****ING JACKSON

OMYGOD
    OHMYGOD
    ohmygod

oh... my ... god

you are so ****ing lucky oh my god i want to BE YOU hahahaha

excuse me while i cry ...

(as you can tell i love MJ ... a LOT)
    Aw, I really liked Michael Jackson as well. I do feel very lucky. A friend of my family was a photographer for a big publication, and he asked for permission to take me along for the assignment.

It was only for a few minutes, that I got to speak with him. And as said, I was really shy, so I didn't actually say much. But it's a good memory, and I remember him being a kind, gentle person.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Woh TSR celeb just for having met him, haha :adore:
    Haha aww, hardly.

I really envy people who have met Sir Terry Pratchett. Would have loved to have had the opportunity to meet him in person. He was my literary hero.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I did actually accidentally email him and he was such a lovely guy. But it was embarrassing all the same.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.