Turn on thread page Beta

Right, my car was egged last night watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hibzish)
    Okay
    I read most of them and i dont know the ones where jesus himself is speaking? if you could give some verses just to make it more clear would be appreciated

And do you believe he is son of god or he is god himself? because i know some christians believe he is son of god
    All of the Bible is the Word of God, therefore all of it is God/Jesus/Holy Spirit speaking. Read the verses again and meditate on them. The combinations of verses point towards a Triune God.

I believe Jesus is God in the flesh. When someone says Jesus is the Son of God they are merely quoting scripture but it is the same meaning; Both phrases mean that Jesus is God Himself in the flesh.

You cannot understand because the natural man receives not the things of the spirit and the devil has blinded the eyes of those who do not believe but if you truly believe in Jesus as your Lord and Saviour He will save you from your sins and from a painful afterlife
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by I love life)
    I can't believe everybody is saying that there is nothing wrong in egging somebodies property, I bet you wouldn't say that if you had your property egged
    I'm not saying that at all, just saying that posting it to a forum is totally stupid and irrelevant — what do you want us to do? Wash it off for you? To add, my property has been egged before. I didn't post to TSR to give people who couldn't give a toss live updates regarding the state of my windows. I got a bucket of soapy water and cleaned it, then I went to work. It was really difficult to resist the urge of posting to TSR about it. I don't know how I had the willpower to go on.

(Original post by AngryRedhead)
    All of the Bible is the Word of God, therefore all of it is God/Jesus/Holy Spirit speaking. Read the verses again and meditate on them. The combinations of verses point towards a Triune God.

I believe Jesus is God in the flesh. When someone says Jesus is the Son of God they are merely quoting scripture but it is the same meaning; Both phrases mean that Jesus is God Himself in the flesh.

You cannot understand because the natural man receives not the things of the spirit and the devil has blinded the eyes of those who do not believe but if you truly believe in Jesus as your Lord and Saviour He will save you from your sins and from a painful afterlife
    i don't believe the bible is all of gods words.
    hasn't the new testament changed the word of god? or added new things which weren't originally gods words?

and im not blind because i have true belief in islam. Not even belief because i have no doubts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hibzish)
    i don't believe the bible is all of gods words.
    hasn't the new testament changed the word of god? or added new things which weren't originally gods words?

and im not blind because i have true belief in islam. Not even belief because i have no doubts.
    Yes, some people have altered the Bible, that which has been altered is not the word of God, it is people who are against God altering the words in the Bible to try to deceive people, often people who are in witchcraft or are a part of the Illuminati.

Take notice only of the original Bible, if you notice anything has been added / taken away or altered , disregard that instantly, for anything altered is the word of man not God.

The New King James Bible is the best to go by. it hasn't been altered. There is a very stern warning in the Bible towards people who alter the Bible, .i.e Word of God.

So No, God's word never changes and if you notice parts of the Bible has been altered then be very wary, it is man who is trying to deceive you by altering the Bible. !

Right, I will try to remember to switch off the lights next year on Halloween and see if it saves me getting egged. Suppose it depends what mood the kids are in on the night, if they are in a sulk they may just egg property regardless
    I don't see the idea of parking several streets away , like you said they'd probably just egg the house instead.
    And even if I did park several streets away, my car could still get egged .

Last year trying to clean the egg off my car almost made me sick, it realreally stank as I think it was a rotten egg, it was cold but dry weather last Halloween so by the next day it was dried on. Took hours to try and clean it off and had to be careful not to damage paintwork. In the end I couldnt get all of it off so I gave up

Thank goodness Halloween isn't in Summer when it's hot, otherwise the egg would be almost impossible to remove once baked on by the heat of the sun

Jesus says we should not worship anybody but him. If you celebrate Halloween then you worship Satan. If you hand out sweets then you are participating in Halloween and also are encouraging children too as well
    Well okay. If that's how you see it. You are honestly the first Christian that I've seen with this opinion anyway.

Note: I never thought it was okay for them to egg your car and calling the police was the first thing on my mind for you to do. Have you tried that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scopeowner)
    Just a bit of nonsense really, who ever egged your car owes you a free car wash.
    It's much more than a bit of nonsense, it is hours work to clean a car that's been smacked by egg, you have to be very careful how to clean egg, the shell's could scratch the paintwork and even the protein in the egg itself could wreak a car's paint. even when the egg is removed it can be very tough to clean egg from a car, especially dried egg. Luckily it is misty today and the car is rather wet from the morning dew which made the job of removing the egg much less difficult but it is still very unpleasant to have your property egged and year upon year as well. Also not all the egg can be removed depending on how it has set e.t.c.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    Well okay. If that's how you see it. You are honestly the first Christian that I've seen with this opinion anyway.

Note: I never thought it was okay for them to egg your car and calling the police was the first thing on my mind for you to do. Have you tried that?
    You said it yourself, you admitted parts of the Bible have been changed . Obviously man , and a very foolish man at that, has decided to alter the Bible, either add, remove or alter original text of the Bible, therefore the altered text is man's word not God's original. so there is the answer to how the word of God has been altered in SOME Bibles and it's good you noticed it wasn't God's word you were reading but the altered version by man.

I have looked at some Bible's that erase the parts of homosexuality, remove the word hell several times, and so many other's just because they want to deceive people, even the warning in the Bible about Mark of the Beast has been altered in some Bibles,

I instantly realize it was an altered version and went back to the NKJ Bible and warned other's about being careful to not be mislead by altered Bibles.

What Bible was it you read that you noticed the deceit of man ?

And no, ringing the police won't do frig all except probably make me more prone to being egged again

it is hours work to clean a car that's been smacked by egg, you have to be very careful how to clean egg, the shell's could scratch the paintwork and even the protein in the egg itself could wreak a car's paint. even when the egg is removed it can be very tough to clean egg from a car, especially dried egg. Luckily it is misty today and the car is rather wet from the morning dew which made the job of removing the egg much less difficult but it is still very unpleasant to have your property egged and year upon year as well. Also not all the egg can be removed depending on how it has set e.t.c.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still in my PJ's laying in bed writing this. I woke up a few minutes ago to hear raised voices coming from the chavvy neighbour s next door. Now they've retreated back indoors

So, I just lifted up the window nets slightly, enough so that I could see if my car was okay following Halloween last night as where we live lots of people walk by and we had a lot of trick or treater's last night, every single knock went unanswered as we do not celebrate Halloween, we are Christian.

So my car is parked at the side of the house on the road, I can only see one side of my car from this window, the passenger side. It is very misty today and rather wet but I'm sure I can see egg on my bonnet, I'm sure its not just dew from mist. I can see like egg lines on my car bonnet, at least that is what I think it is.

I will go and check my car over after I have another little sleep. I hope its not egg and hope the rest of my car is okay

I've only had this car several months and it is in black

My previous silver car got egged last year on mischief night
    so you're the yik yakker?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I forgot to update everybody

Yes, my car has been egged with 2 eggs, one looks like it was smashed into my bonnet but missed windshield, another egg made impact with rear drivers side door hitting window , egg splattered everywhere

It's going to be a nightmare to clean it off but as it has been damp and misty this morning it should be a bit easier to clean off.

No scratch or dent from the impact of the egg this time either
    Are you not the same guy who asked how to prevent your car getting egged over halloween? There were several solutions to the problem including buying a cheap cover for your car that could be reused every year. With a little common sense this could very easily have been prevented.

ReputationRep:
    It's much more than a bit of nonsense, it is hours work to clean a car that's been smacked by egg, you have to be very careful how to clean egg, the shell's could scratch the paintwork and even the protein in the egg itself could wreak a car's paint. even when the egg is removed it can be very tough to clean egg from a car, especially dried egg. Luckily it is misty today and the car is rather wet from the morning dew which made the job of removing the egg much less difficult but it is still very unpleasant to have your property egged and year upon year as well. Also not all the egg can be removed depending on how it has set e.t.c.
    Yeah, that's true. Wouldn't be suprised that something like this would happen on Halloween. In my neighbourhood, one of the houses got tee-peed and the owners weren't amused at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by howtobealady)
    so you're the yik yakker?
    What's a yik yakker ?

ReputationRep:
    it's clear we should cut benefits further - child tax credits are not getting to these poor kids! we should improve our schools instead!

ReputationRep:
    Chav behaviour is learned behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    What's a yik yakker ?
    Its the app Yik Yak. I thought you had because someone posted a story just like yours

ReputationRep:

My previous silver car got egged last year on mischief night
    So why are you surprised?

It's just a bit of fun.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.