Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    People doing the new syllabus don't know what there missing out on. You don't get to study the hilarity which is Freud and his dream analysis and psychosexual stages.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    Yes, my year did pretty badly too, I managed to get a B this time round though which I am very thankful for

All I can say is, make revision resources as you go along - cue cards, mind maps, etc. You'll find this very useful when it comes to revision. Also, exam technique is very important - in another one of my subjects I lost marks because I didn't put certain things in. If you don't know how to answer the question, remembering all the material won't help. This was the reason most of my year didn't do as well as expected. Do mock exams and definitely ask your teacher if you don't know how to answer a question. For another one of my subjects I made cue cards, mind maps, keyword lists and planned out all of the exam questions. I ended up with an A in that.

But to be perfectly honest, I knew fairly early in the year that I was miserable at college, hated my subjects and wasn't getting the right support (I have Aspergers). That led to me doing no revision and low attendance. The second time around, the complete fear of failure made me do everything I hadn't in the previous year. If you're trying, you'll be rewarded.

Hope that helped... Best of luck!
    Thank you so much! Im happy that you got what you wanted this time around , you clearly deserved that good grade!
    I'll take everything on board , thanks again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fireway10)
    People doing the new syllabus don't know what there missing out on. You don't get to study the hilarity which is Freud and his dream analysis and psychosexual stages.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah noooo. So much more interesting stuff than that.
    Dream analysis is reasonably interesting though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobio32)
    I believe that there could be different subjects that could increase your chances of being accepted into uni studying medicine if you are in competition with other people (further maths, physics) but of course psychology still links in as well as showing a related interests! but dont forget its depends on the uni and the results that you get, so go with the subjects you feel you can achieve your best in and enjoy at the same time!
    I am contemplating taking physics, but I thought it might be good to show an essay based/ longer written answers subject like history or psychology and at an open evening I was told that psychology relates a lot to medicine, plus it interests me more than history, even though I know history is looked on as higher. Do you think it would be looked down on a lot?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.