x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucasium)
    Smart. You can always get rich but you can't get smarter
    i'm pretty sure you can

it's all in the neuroplasticity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    Rich and stupid. Unfortunately I was born poor and relatively smart and it hasn't really done me many favours.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Smart. I'd rather build my way to the top and feel like ive earnt my money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoping4Astars)
    Smart but born to a poor family.

In the UK, even if you are quite poor, you'd still be better off than most middle class families in developing countries. You'd still get at least some basic food and receive a free education, allowing you to become who want to be in the future.

Personally, I am definitely not from a rich family but, luckily I am quite smart so, thanks to Britain, I can achieve my dreams if I work hard enough!
    Adding on, even being from a 'developed' country. The mentality and mindset here seems to still be of a developing country.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely smart. I'm probably already from a "deprived" area of London anyway and I would use my intelligence to get me far in life. Yes I do realise that good grades doesn't = money but let's say I do incredibly well in school and end up in Oxbridge, I'll probably have a greater chance of a higher paid jobs and with that invest money into shares and stocks .

If you're dumb but rich, chances are you won't know how to manage that money well and would probably end up blowing up a good chunk of it e.g. won't invest, may buy a car etc instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    can we have a poll? :ahee::dance:
    i love a good poll :puppyeyes:
    WE NEED A GOOD POLL

Spoiler:
    Show
    i have been quoting you non stop cavy , you are saying good things
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by REMLewis)
    WE NEED A GOOD POLL
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i have been quoting you non stop cavy , you are saying good things
    yes! :crossedf::five:

lol no worries that is very sweet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyamlim97)
    Adding on, even being from a 'developed' country. The mentality and mindset here seems to still be of a developing country.
    I don't understand, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awesome genius)
    smart. I couldn't imagine being stupid. If you were stupid you'd just spend your money on stupid things, like android.
    attention all android users, shots have been fired, i repeat shots have been fired.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, just what is wrong with having handed everything? Sometimes I disagree with it...maybe because I am jealous of them.

ReputationRep:
    Rich. That way I could afford to employ smart people to make me even richer.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, as someone who's been born with both (subjectively), I'd rather be rich. Could get a job with connections and if all else fails, well who cares you're rich.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoping4Astars)
    I don't understand, sorry.
    I'm saying that although the country is labelled as developed. The way of life feels as if the country is just developing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    Definitely smart. I'm probably already from a "deprived" area of London anyway and I would use my intelligence to get me far in life. Yes I do realise that good grades doesn't = money but let's say I do incredibly well in school and end up in Oxbridge, I'll probably have a greater chance of a higher paid jobs and with that invest money into shares and stocks .

If you're dumb but rich, chances are you won't know how to manage that money well and would probably end up blowing up a good chunk of it e.g. won't invest, may buy a car etc instead.
    Question: Would you want to remain poor and smart (forever), OR would you like to remain rich and unintelligent (forever)?

ReputationRep:
    Rich. Who needs brains?

ReputationRep:
    Definitly smart!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Definitly smart!
    I'm guessing you're rich?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by High Stakes)
    That's weird. It's almost as if you're implying that you're smart. :rofl: From your post record I'd wager your IQ to be in the single digits (not to say IQ is the only measure of intelligence - Maybe you're a savant at being a moron?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Savage af.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    Smart. I couldn't imagine being stupid. If you were stupid you'd just spend your money on stupid things, like Android.
    ewww apple stans :noway:

ReputationRep:
    Smart and poor, as I was born.

A few changes to a couple of decisions in life and I'd be quite flush by now.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.