Bucket List watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alrounder79)
    I... just did.
    And what did your mother say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Flak Jacket)
    And what did your mother say?
    My mother is in a village in Bangladesh and there is no way of communicating with her currently.

ReputationRep:
    move to america
    get google fiber
    own a lotus exige s
    i am a simple person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alrounder79)
    You don't have to call it a bucket list! Is there anything that you'd really like to do eventually? It doesn't even have to be something exceptional.

Wow, nice. From that list, I've only travelled alone. How terrible But I'd like to host a foreign exchange student (how was that btw?) and celebrate Holi in India. Also I'm guessing the foreign exchange student helped in you learning Chinese? The language looks and sounds so complex...
    Haha, thanks. Really? where did you go?

I hosted a foreign exchange student as part of my school's Chinese program (like, I was learning Chinese, and they thought it would be convenient if the Chinese-language students hosted a student from China). But really, it didn't help me so much as it helped her learn English (since my mom is Chinese, I basically got a Chinese-learning experience 24/7 lol). And yeah, it is pretty complex, but I'd say that there are more patterns in Chinese than there are in English (so once you've gotten the patterns down, you're basically set... and the grammar isn't too difficult, either, because there is very little conjugation, if any)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yavanna)
    Haha, thanks. Really? where did you go?

I hosted a foreign exchange student as part of my school's Chinese program (like, I was learning Chinese, and they thought it would be convenient if the Chinese-language students hosted a student from China). But really, it didn't help me so much as it helped her learn English (since my mom is Chinese, I basically got a Chinese-learning experience 24/7 lol). And yeah, it is pretty complex, but I'd say that there are more patterns in Chinese than there are in English (so once you've gotten the patterns down, you're basically set... and the grammar isn't too difficult, either, because there is very little conjugation, if any)
    I went to Australia from UK and it took more than 20 hours to get there if I recall correctly!

Ah, I see. Your mom's Chinese, that must help so so much lol. I had a student from Honk Kong living next to me during my boarding school days. We made a deal that we'd teach each other Chinese (Cantonese) and English and it ended up with only me teaching him english and him teaching me rude Chinese words :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    The only thing on my list is to fully control my panic attacks and OCD. I've came a very long way with panic attacks and I'm proud of that but still have a long way to go with managing OCD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kholmes1)
    Omg can I become your friend I wanna play some hide and seek.
    Of course

And I want to have a picnic at midnight on a village green.

ReputationRep:
    Write an (academic) article and get it published
    Write a book
    Go to: Venice, Athens, Barcelona, Dublin
    Own my own home
    Get married
    Become a mum
    Raise over £1,000 for my local hospice
    Make it to a year without self-harming
    Eat a crepe in Paris

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.