Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ask a handsome 22 y/o virgin with absolutely zero friends anything! (pics/vid of me) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrankTeller1234)
    I was an acne-ridden, lanky and socially-inept kid in high-school and so struggled to establish any real connections with people. I have acquaintances but none of those relationships were substantial enough to call friendships. As for females... it's safe to say I was essentially invisible to them.

However, as a result of undergoing somewhat of second puberty, having cosmetic surgery and working-out (in addition to using anabolic steroids), I have been able to significantly improve my physical appearance.

Despite this, at the age of 22, I am still a house-bound recluse with zero friends and a non-existent sex-life. The thing is... whilst my looks have improved... I still have the same mentality as I did in high-school and so I am completely oblivious as to how to react around other males my age... let alone females. The fact I have mild asperger's doesn't help either, to be honest.

Anyway, ask me anything!

This is what I look like in motion. I posted this for Reddit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnTZ...ature=youtu.be

Here's some pictures of me so you know I'm not talking BS. I posted some on here before but I may as well do it again:

Why do you look different in tge last two pics? And do u seriously take steroids?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K78R)
    How did you get rid of your acne? Would f***ing love some advice...
    I did a 6 month accutane cycle.

I did 2 months on 40mg, 2 months on 60mg and 2 months on 80mg.

It completely cleared-up my skin and I haven't broken-out since.

ReputationRep:
    where are you originally from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Relentless123)
    Why do you look different in tge last two pics? And do u seriously take steroids?
    I'm trying to look more serious. I had just finished training my neck and so I had a pump which made it look a lot thicker. I'm also tensing my jaw, frowning and squinting my eyes.

And, yes, I use(d) steroids. They helped me transform my body; I used to be scrawny and now I'm muscular.

ReputationRep:
    You. We meet again. And again. And again. And again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir11)
    where are you originally from?
    New Zealand.

ReputationRep:
    I did a 6 month accutane cycle.

I did 2 months on 40mg, 2 months on 60mg and 2 months on 80mg.

It completely cleared-up my skin and I haven't broken-out since.
    I've been to about 4 g.ps prescribed various meds which didn't have any lasting affect.

The thing is I'm scared about roaccutane, I heard horror stories about people getting Crohns, lips exploding, white nails, hair loss etc.

Might try to convince my dad, how did it go for you? like did you get any side effects? did it affect your concentration?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    Give all those children on TSR hope that one day they'll look as gorgeous as you!
    (Original post by HenryKenry)
    Show a before picture
    I feel physically sick looking at this picture. This was me in high-school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K78R)
    I've been to about 4 g.ps prescribed various meds which didn't have any lasting affect.

The thing is I'm scared about roaccutane, I heard horror stories about people getting Crohns, lips exploding, white nails, hair loss etc.

Might try to convince my dad, how did it go for you? like did you get any side effects? did it affect your concentration?
    There really isn't anything that works (at least permanently) besides accutane as it is the only thing that works from the inside; rather than just applying lotions.

It shrinks your sebaceous glands and makes your body produce less sebum which means the pores are smaller and so are less likely to be blocked... and there's less sebum being produced to block the pores.

The side-effects are over-exaggerated. You will get dry skin, dry lips and dry hair... but that can easily be countered using moisturiser, vaseline and specific shampoo/conditioner.

As for hair loss etc... if it *does* happen (which it most likely won't seeing as only 10% of people experience it), the hair will grow back because it's only shedding - not the actual balding process.

It will probably cure your acne and make a big difference for your looks. I would advise you to do it. I wish I did it earlier.

ReputationRep:
    There really isn't anything that works (at least permanently) besides accutane as it is the only thing that works from the inside; rather than just applying lotions.

It shrinks your sebaceous glands and makes your body produce less sebum which means the pores are smaller and so are less likely to be blocked... and there's less sebum being produced to block the pores.

The side-effects are over-exaggerated. You will get dry skin, dry lips and dry hair... but that can easily be countered using moisturiser, vaseline and specific shampoo/conditioner.

As for hair loss etc... if it *does* happen (which it most likely won't seeing as only 10% of people experience it), the hair will grow back because it's only shedding - not the actual balding process.

It will probably cure your acne and make a big difference for your looks. I would advise you to do it. I wish I did it earlier.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K78R)
    Thanks
    What age are you?

How bad is your acne and where is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shostakovish)
    Have you ever been in a relationship?
    Never. I haven't even kissed a female non-family-member.

What age are you and how many boyfriends have you had?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    You'll make him king fancybum
    His bum wouldn't be very fancy after I'd rammed my love spear into it.

-still no homo

ReputationRep:
    What age are you?

How bad is your acne and where is it?
    17, so that could be a concern... the gp said to try these meds for 6 weeks and return for Accutane. It's been like 8 weeks, literally I don't think the meds did anything and my dad is worried about the side-effects but I will eventually convince him as I tend to complain about it.

Would definitely rate it severe acne, face (all over cheeks and forehead), back and chest.

As you can imagine it is a never-ending embarrassment going to school in this state, where everyone else is having a good time I just tend to keep my head down. People say "just don't let it get to you" well that is true, I can never abide by this by just seeing people without acne and how lucky they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince_fancybum)
    His bum wouldn't be very fancy after I'd deputed the love spear into it.

-still no homo
    I read online once that the larger your glute muscles are and the harder you can tense them, the less likely someone will be able to sodomize you. So I actually train my glute muscles every second day through squats, hip-thrusts and glute-ham raises.

ReputationRep:
    Well I admit, you are handsome. But to call yourself 'objectively good-looking' is pushing it. There is no objective standard of beauty.

As for having friends, it takes more than looks...

ReputationRep:
    I feel physically sick looking at this picture. This was me in high-school.

You're gonna hate me saying this, but I actually think you look better in this picture than how you do now.

ReputationRep:
    Picture?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K78R)
    17, so that could be a concern... the gp said to try these meds for 6 weeks and return for Accutane. It's been like 8 weeks, literally I don't think the meds did anything and my dad is worried about the side-effects but I will eventually convince him as I tend to complain about it.

Would definitely rate it severe acne, face (all over cheeks and forehead), back and chest.

As you can imagine it is a never-ending embarrassment going to school in this state, where everyone else is having a good time I just tend to keep my head down. People say "just don't let it get to you" well that is true, I can never abide by this by just seeing people without acne and how lucky they are.
    I know exactly how you feel.

It's easy for people with perfectly smooth/clear skin to say, "just be confident", but it's hard to be confident when people are repulsed by the way you look.

Your age won't be an issue. You only have to be 12 years old for accutane.

You should tell your Dad how you feel and say that you feel as if you are isolating yourself instead of enjoying your youth. Now is a good time to do it because you don't want to be stuck with acne at university and end up locked away in your room like I was while everyone else is having a good time.

Get him to go with you to the derm and have the derm explain that rarity of severe side-effects and make sure your Dad knows, if you experience serious sides, you will come off the accutane.

Dry skin, dry/cracked lips, dry hair, dry hands, dry eyes, nose-bleeds, runny-nose, weird nails are all common, though, and temporary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danz123)
    Well I admit, you are handsome. But to call yourself 'objectively good-looking' is pushing it. There is no objective standard of beauty.

As for having friends, it takes more than looks...
    Of course there is such a thing as "objectively good-looking".

Every physical attribute we are sub-consciously attracted to is a result of millions of years of human evolution.

I'm not attracted to large female breasts, wide hips and symmetrical/youthful faces just for the hell of it... I'm attracted to those features because they are indicators of genetic fitness and fertility (breasts = ability to nurture offspring, hips = ability to carry offspring in womb, youthful/symmetrical face = less likely that offspring will have genetic defects).

Similarly, women are attracted to some key features in men that indicate high-testosterone levels and overall genetic fitness. Those being; a chiseled jawline, broad shoulders, a small waist with low overall body fat, masculine facial traits (e.g. a prominent brow-ridge, straight hairline and high-cheekbones).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.