The Student Room Group

Racial bias test

Scroll to see replies

"Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between European American and African American."

As I thought. Although I do not recommend doing this test late at night...
Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between African American and European American.

As expected to be fair, although don't take the test too seriously
tbh, the test is clearly *******s: i hate all americans, regardless of their ethnic origin. :h:
"Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for African American compared to European American."What a cronk. Pathetic test .
Time is important because it detects whether you've thought about the answer or not.
I think the test works in that you may find it harder or easier to allocate words of either group to either race. To make it a fair test they switched things around to see maybe one of your hands works faster than the other or you just don't know. But I wouldn't know :/
Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for European American compared to African American.
Biased 'racial bias test' Your responses depend on how quickly you can press button E and I.

I was pressing the buttons randomly and...

Strong automatic preference for White people48%Moderate automatic preference for White people13%Slight automatic preference for White people12%Little or no automatic preference12%Slight automatic preference for Black people6%Moderate automatic preference for Black people4%Strong automatic preference for Black people6%
"Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for European American compared to African American."

Given that familiarity implies security, and my Cotswold milieu is among the most traditionally white communities in the country, I suppose the above might bear out notwithstanding my lack of conscious preference. Even so, I'm somewhat surprised.
Your data suggests little to no automatic preference between European American and African American. :h:
Data suggests I have a moderate preference for black over white, and I'm white... interesting
hyhhh
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 10011001
Biased 'racial bias test' Your responses depend on how quickly you can press button E and I.

I was pressing the buttons randomly and...

Strong automatic preference for White people48%Moderate automatic preference for White people13%Slight automatic preference for White people12%Little or no automatic preference12%Slight automatic preference for Black people6%Moderate automatic preference for Black people4%Strong automatic preference for Black people6%

You've quoted the wrong thing. Those are just the results of everyone who's completed the test so far... The only thing you need to pay attention to is the text written in big green letters near the top of the page.
Reply 52
Original post by TorpidPhil
The fact that you are scared about that worries me slightly. Racial pride is racism. It's as simple as that. If you feel like you living with other white people makes you dislike non-white people and that that is a bad thing because you are not white then you are racist.

I'm not a racist. I genuinely expected my results to have a strong preference for European Americans due to my circumstances. But perhaps I got what I got because my family is black - I wouldn't hold resentment against my own people would I? I think it may even be normal to have a slight pretence for their own race. Besides, I had a slight preference. If it was strong, I might be concerned.
Everyone in this thread is a racist.
Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for European American compared to African American.The table below shows the percentage of other online test takers receiving various test results, so you can compare yourself with other people. Your results have been corrected for the order in which you performed the dual category associations.

Test Result% of Test TakersStrong automatic preference for White people48%Moderate automatic preference for White people13%Slight automatic preference for White people12%Little or no automatic preference12%Slight automatic preference for Black people6%Moderate automatic preference for Black people4%Strong automatic preference for Black people6%

Not sure how credible the result is. In general I find things like this difficult where you get used to a routine and it suddenly switches.
losers
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HepaxLegomenon
What a ignorant thing to say. Racism, alongside sexism and classism, is an -ism, and therefore an ideology (unless you think they're religious practices), and ideologies cannot be structures or systems.

Ironically it was actually quite an educated thing to say
Original post by Zargabaath
I'm the same way I think. I've certainly become a lot less "PC" (I really hate this term, but I can't think of anything else to use) since all this social justice BS was shoved down my throat. To me, it's pretty obvious (and ironic) that these ridiculous concepts are driving larger wedges between our communities then actual racism was.

The ridiculous concepts such as? Political correctness isn't a new thing, and it's actually about making ethnic minorities feel more included in society, and less oppressed, it doesn't drive wedges between society, it just exposes existing prejudices that people have
Original post by jeremy1988
Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for European American compared to African American.

What's interesting is that I took the test several years ago in 2007 and had no strong preference either way. I noticed that my results on this test got worse after hearing about stuff like cultural appropriation and white privilege on a regular basis. It was a moderate preference by 2012, and now it's a strong preference.

It's not surprising. I've lost several Black friends recently because I trust the police and disagree strongly about the BLM movement. I'm not very comfortable with anti-government or anti-police views, and I've essentially gone against their ultimatums. Like, "you're either with us or against us", and since I didn't want to be with them, I'm now against them even though I've tried to remain neutral.

I guess this is an example of how ultimatums, accusations, and demands don't have the intended effect on everyone. I don't like being told what to believe in or value. I think I'm going to go and work on finding some Black friends that are conservative... the prejudice instilled in me by all these liberal Blacks who resent White people isn't fair to them.

Lmao, you again, I love how you constantly talk about black people in your posts, as if we are the only race of people in the world. Of-course cultural appropriation and white privilege are fantasized concepts.

I call bs on all of your posts, and not every black person has negative feelings towards the police, it may shock your narrow mind to realise that some of us actually view the police as a career choice, and that people in the UK, both black and white, do have negative attitudes towards the police, due to some of their individual experiences, who are we to question what we have not experience, was it not last week in a school a child was being flung across her classroom by a member of the police, a CHILD. But wait, let me guess what your response is, that it only happens in the states, it doesn't happen in the UK. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWyrHEGuf9U Bye.
Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between African American and European American.

Quick Reply

Latest