Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I like winter for a pizza-and-movie night in, or for a shopping-and-cafe night out, argh the relaxation

ReputationRep:
    Hate cold, gloomy mornings and how it gets dark really early. Other than that, it's quite nice.

ReputationRep:
    I freaking love winter...and Christmas. I love the cosy slippers and socks, hot chocolate. Cinnamon spiced drinks and snacks. Winter candles and the twinkly lights and I like when you breath out and can see your breath.

ReputationRep:
    Winter is cold.

ReputationRep:
    Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I hate the winter, don't mind it when it snows or waking up when it is frosty but sunshine.

ReputationRep:
    I like Christmas and I like the look of snow... but otherwise I don't like winter. It's too cold, and I despise ice so much; walking to school is a nightmare when it's slippy. I have ice grips to wear on my shoes, but they're awkward to put on and not completely effective. Summer is the worst season as it's too warm... but winter when it's icy is awful, particularly when you only realise there's ice after you've slipped on it.

Autumn is easily the best season. Not too hot, and not too cold, it's a good time for hot chocolates, plus an abundance of golden leaves falling to the ground looks so pretty. The only thing that could make this season more perfect is an earlier sunrise/later sunset.

ReputationRep:
    Summer isn't great for my ultra sensitive skin , winter is perfect though. Also , you dont have those hot nights where it's impossible to sleep , the darkness sucks tho.

ReputationRep:
    I love walking on winter mornings when it's all cold and foggy. It's perfectt!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    I love walking on winter mornings when it's all cold and foggy. It's perfectt!
    ....and the snow.
    Don't forget the snow !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    ....and the snow.
    Don't forget the snow !
    I don't actually like walking in the snow, I like looking at it though. But Winter is my favourite season, followed by Autumn then spring and lastly summer. I despise summer

ReputationRep:
    Yes and no. I hate the cold but I like winter breaks. Christmas is fun to spend with family. French markets are alright but nothing you can't get here minus the rude Londoners. French people are actually alright in my experience. I liked Finland. People were great fun and they've got reindeers and Santa! Rovaniemi is a nice city and the arctic circle was something else. I'd seen Northern Lights here but they were fantastic in the middle of the wilderness. Huskies and sledding pretty good too. I'm doing Switzerland ski break with friends this year. My cousin is there on business and tells me the people are great and like chocolate. I can't wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanemptage)
    I love it the ski season has started if it's really cold out side and blowing up a storm you can feel really cosy inside with your hot chocolate or what have you also my birthday and Christmas are in December which is nice how about you?
    I love it personally. The secret is to be prepared with a decent coat, gloves, a brolly that is made of solid steel and warm socks. Nothing like a sunny winter day. It also makes me appreciate the other seasons more.

Everything is much more nicer in winter :yep:

ReputationRep:
    In winter there is football. Therefore winter is superior.

ReputationRep:
    I love it the ski season has started if it's really cold out side and blowing up a storm you can feel really cosy inside with your hot chocolate or what have you also my birthday and Christmas are in December which is nice how about you?
    That is cool, must be nice for you - two occasions for you to celebrate in the same month ! Congrats !
    I do like winter. A special wonderful season. I remember one of the book titles from the Moomins series by Tove Jansson, an author, " The Magical Winter " . That sums it up nicely ! The winter celebrations are spectacular - Christmas, the New Year. And by the way, there is also an Orthodox Christmas on 7 January and then the " Old New Year " (an "unofficial" holiday) in Russia on 14 January. And I do remember snow - mainly from Russia and the Czech Republic but partly here in the UK (London) too. That used to "complete the picture", so to say.
    Though December is supposed to be a somewhat difficult month for me (along with July) - and it actually often is. Probably not much I can do about it anyway .. but on the other sides, I consider December as a nice (magical !) month too.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Nice to look at from the inside

Actually being outside in it is another story.

ReputationRep:
    Winter is coming. I do like winter and love snow!
    I only hated it in 2013 when I as living in a flat in Birmingham with no central heating or double glazing, so cold! Big mistake lol

ReputationRep:
    I do like some things about winter. I enjoy my winter clothes more, as I have quite a big winter wardrobe and like putting together different outfits with different colours, shirts, knitwear, jackets, blazers, scarves it just gives you so many more options. Also I am a bit of a fragrance fanatic and I prefer fragrances in the winter as in summer I find they evaporate off my skin quickly but in winter they work much better. I have particular fragrances that I wear at different times of the year as well like around the Halloween/Bonfire Night time (ie now) I wear Encre Noir, I'll move on soon to wearing Dior Homme.

I enjoy the run up to Christmas as Christmas has always been one of my favourite times of the year. As a kid it's exciting with presents etc but now as an adult I always make sure I have at least 10 days ideally 14 leave around Christmas and that is my end of year reward and relaxation time. So I start looking forward to it from around late October.

I love how the last few months of the year develop. You usually get some late flourishes of summer in September and even early October, and then you get the lovely colours on the trees of Autumn then the first signal that Christmas is on the horizon comes with Halloween and Bonfire Night. I always love this time of the year when you leave work in the evenings and feel a certain crispness in the air. At this point you haven't got winter fatigue it still feels like a refreshing change. And in a few week's time you start noticing the Christmas songs in the shops and the Christmas adverts and it makes me feel warm and happy inside.

But then when the New Year comes in, I always feel a real sense of anti-climax, you just have the long months of January and February ahead of you with nothing to look forward to and that's the part of the winter that I find tough. I like snow but really hate ice especially when you are walking about at night and your foot suddenly slides on a dark icy patch.

I find spring is the least well defined season in the UK as often in March it's cold like winter and even April, I always associate with the start of the cricket season and being out fielding and FREEZING.

ReputationRep:
    Not the British winters, no. I like that season if I'm spending it abroad though. I'm going to Norway for Christmas with my boyfriend who has family there. It's meant to be beautiful in the winter, albeit very cold.

My birthday is also in December. December 22nd. That's another reason to hate the winter. To me, it's always the most depressing day of the year.

The hot chocolate part you mentioned sound nice though. I love how you painted that! I love any excuse to drink hot choc.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.