Turn on thread page Beta

Anthropology Applicants 2016! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.Beeblebrox)
    Haven't decided yet, actually. I already have some friends in London, who want to live with me, but then dorms would probably be better to get to know people.. I can't decide really. You?
    I think I'll try to get a dorm but if they give me something weird try to sort out something else - I think you can pm by clicking on the user then there's an option but I'm not sure

ReputationRep:
    Just received an unconditional from Durham!! Still waiting on Edinburgh, though!! Has anyone applied/heard back from them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pollysel97)
    Just received an unconditional from Durham!! Still waiting on Edinburgh, though!! Has anyone applied/heard back from them?
    Congrats on your offer! I have a conditional for Durham and I'm still waiting on Edinburgh None of my friends have heard back from Edinburgh either and they're notoriously slow with giving out offers. What's your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazzibella)
    Congrats on your offer! I have a conditional for Durham and I'm still waiting on Edinburgh None of my friends have heard back from Edinburgh either and they're notoriously slow with giving out offers. What's your first choice?
    Thank you! I can't believe it! I'm on my gap year at the moment so I already had my grades but I got A*AB instead of AAA so I wasn't sure if I'd make it. I'm honestly not quite sure, it's between Durham, Sussex and Edinburgh (if I get in) it's all very uncertain, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    None of my friends have heard back from Edinburgh either and they're notoriously slow with giving out offers.
    Also from what I gather Edinburgh tends to hand out offers to the Scottish applicants first

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I can't believe it! I'm on my gap year at the moment so I already had my grades but I got A*AB instead of AAA so I wasn't sure if I'd make it. I'm honestly not quite sure, it's between Durham, Sussex and Edinburgh (if I get in) it's all very uncertain, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My first choice is Durham at the moment but it also depends on if I get an offer from Edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smoothER)
    I think I'll try to get a dorm but if they give me something weird try to sort out something else - I think you can pm by clicking on the user then there's an option but I'm not sure
    Sounds reasonable! Can you apply for acommodation even if you have a conditional offer? I still need to get an English certificate and I think I'll only do it in may/june..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.Beeblebrox)
    Sounds reasonable! Can you apply for acommodation even if you have a conditional offer? I still need to get an English certificate and I think I'll only do it in may/june..
    Yeah I think so - deadline is 31st May I think

ReputationRep:
    Also from what I gather Edinburgh tends to hand out offers to the Scottish applicants first

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh really? I don't know about that - I do the IB in Scotland and no one at my school has heard back from Edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    Oh really? I don't know about that - I do the IB in Scotland and no one at my school has heard back from Edinburgh
    Ah ok, I'm not totally certain it's just what I've heard my sister goes to Edinburgh and I remember her saying all her Scottish friends received offers before those from England/Wales etc.

ReputationRep:
    I've got offers from Exeter, Kent, York (for history) and and unconditional from Birmingham, also still waiting on Edinburgh!!- which I loved but I'm not sure if it's too far away, arghhh it's so hard!!

ReputationRep:
    FINALLY heard back from Edinburgh last night! I'm so excited! Anybody else?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.