Turn on thread page Beta

Why do some people refuse to accept that some rape allegations are false? watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Because it's rape when the woman decides it is: no more, no less.
    I love you you say "Woman" here, as if to give the illusion that women are the only people that can be victims of rape. People like you make me sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuyReturns)
    Whenever a rape allegation manages to reach the public eye, and is later thrown out of court, or the defendant found not guilty, you always have a plethora of feminists posting

"Just because he was acquitted/found not guilty doesn't mean it wasn't rape!".

By their own logic, every time someone is found guilty of rape they should be posting

"Just because he was found guilty doesn't mean it was rape!".
    Why? It's because some people are downright retarded. End of story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xelfrost)
    I love you you say "Woman" here, as if to give the illusion that women are the only people that can be victims of rape. People like you make me sick.
    Smh you're like the 4th person to quote me thinking I'm being serious instead of sarcastic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuyReturns)
    Whenever a rape allegation manages to reach the public eye, and is later thrown out of court, or the defendant found not guilty, you always have a plethora of feminists posting

"Just because he was acquitted/found not guilty doesn't mean it wasn't rape!".

By their own logic, every time someone is found guilty of rape they should be posting

"Just because he was found guilty doesn't mean it was rape!".
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...in-decade.html

she must be back on the streets by now. beware.

ReputationRep:
    Because unfortunately, modern feminists are crazy. :woo:
    '"The man was arrested and he gave a statement - he had to live his life with people accusing him of being a rapist," he said.'
    It's ruining people's lives even though they didn't do it..

ReputationRep:
    Smh you're like the 4th person to quote me thinking I'm being serious instead of sarcastic
    Warning: This post may contain sarcasm.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Oh, well in that case I take it back. Sorry, sarcasm is a little difficult to understand over the internet ^^

ReputationRep:
    There is a huge stigma attached to being accused as a sex offender, and even if proven to be innocent, it takes a long time for people to disassociate your name from the term 'sex offender' or 'rapist'. I think the problem often is that people just don't know what classifies as rape.

False rape accusations are very rare, especially malicious ones. However, rape can be subjective to a lot of people. For example, if a girl agrees to go home with a guy, but is drunk and falls asleep, and the guy wakes her up to have sex with her, and she doesn't say no, but also gives no sign of wanting or enjoying it, does it count as rape? In the girls mind, she does not want to have sex with this guy. She doesn't kiss him back or make a sound. In the guys mind, she doesn't explicitly say no and she agreed to go home with him, so he assumes it's okay. This girl could accuse the guy of rape. It could go to court and he could be charged. Or, there won't be enough evidence and he won't be charged. The girl will get abuse for falsely accusing the guy of rape, even though she still believes it was. The guy will get abused for being a sex offender because 'there's no smoke without fire', even though he firmly believes he did nothing wrong.

Who's right?

ReputationRep:
    A large proportion of Feminism needs to be placed in the same category has religious apologists: pathetic. They both claim to be about inclusion but really have an agenda of oppressing people who don't agree with them.

A great example is the pay gap: I have yet to see a recognised Feminist discuss the countless academic papers that refute this. Simply dismissing it because it hurts their feelings doesn't count. Religious people hurt my feelings but that does not mean they should be banned from believing in a supreme being.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.