Turn on thread page Beta

I feel drained :( watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    ^ is someone you wish was depressed. Doesn't understand it at all.
    Do you know me personally? How do you that I've never been depressed. Employ reason!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xGCSE_Studentx)
    I have verbally unloaded to a very good friend and i feel somewhat cheerier but thanks for your concern
    Now that you may feel like you've unloaded some burden, it's best not to dwell on these things too much, they'll just keep going round and around.

ReputationRep:
    mate i feel u take a paracetamol and some pro plus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    Now that you may feel like you've unloaded some burden, it's best not to dwell on these things too much, they'll just keep going round and around.
    That's very true! I intend on ignoring the stupid thoughts that make me feel down and i'm deffo gunno speak to my mentor tmrrw - she needs to hear i need support and it's about time i got it

ReputationRep:
    what are doctors going to do honestly i'm just another patient to them
    being just another patient means theyve got the experience in handling these situations, theyll probably prescribe you iron/vitamin supplements or give you wholesome advice.
    And if necessary theyll also take tests to diagnose why you feel that way. You should speak to your parents about this too, itll lift a heavy load. Best wishes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemunch)
    being just another patient means theyve got the experience in handling these situations, theyll probably prescribe you iron/vitamin supplements or give you wholesome advice.
    And if necessary theyll also take tests to diagnose why you feel that way. You should speak to your parents about this too, itll lift a heavy load. Best of luck..
    I'm really not took keen on doctors but i'll give it a go. I had my bloods checked today in case i ahve an iron deficieny because according to my mum i'm pale and allways tired and apparently they are symptoms anaemia so i think it may be that

ReputationRep:
    Hey, life just has its ups and downs and some days are brighter and others not so bright. Make sure to offload to someone, someone you can trust. When I get down and stressed I offload and I bounce back up. It happens to all of us, some are just better at hiding it than others. Keep your chin up and enjoy life!

ReputationRep:
    I'm really not took keen on doctors but i'll give it a go. I had my bloods checked today in case i ahve an iron deficieny because according to my mum i'm pale and allways tired and apparently they are symptoms anaemia so i think it may be that
    See, besides if you dont like going to the doctors you can buy pretty good stuff from places like Boots andHolland and Barretts, plus theyll give you over-the-counter advice too..

ReputationRep:
    Thank you friend
    You're welcome. I think this sums up the situation perfectly:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    You're welcome. I think this sums up the situation perfectly:
    Aw that's so sweet, dw i'm happy so you should be too! I've never proper talked to you so it would be good to get to know you but your cute quotes are just lovely!

ReputationRep:
    In the past couple of weeks, I've been wanting to cry all the time because I feel so crappy. There's so much going on in my life at the moment which is probably why I feel so dreary; i just want to hide in a corner and disappear because I feel like I'm no use to anyone or anything - I don't know what is wrong with me because I've never felt like this before.
    I keep getting constant headaches but I don't know why because I get enough sleep.
    I'm not sure what the point of this thread is so I'm sorry if I've wasted your time, if you're going through this weirdness let me know how you cope because I'm struggling and I am afraid I'm going to fall apart which i don't want.
    I've tried cheering up and dragging through every day but I feel like I can't stand up let alone move on - my eyes are absolutely aching and I feel awful
    I'm really sorry to hear about how you're feeling. As you'll remember from our conversations elsewhere on here, you know that I can sympathise with what a rough time you're going through. It must feel awful having to go through these experiences on your own but at times like this, make sure you keep positive and supportive people around you all the time. Talk to your family, your close friends, even independent counsellors who have nothing to do with your school/workplace. Get away from your usual surroundings for a while and explore somewhere new or stay with family/friends in other places. Keep doing things you enjoy, get some exercise and make sure you eat properly as these will all help improve your mood and keep your spirits high.

I'm not a qualified doctor but from what you've described, it sounds to me like you might have some form of depression. It happens to all of us, especially in the winter so please don't be embarrassed to go and see your GP about this. I've seen my own mother go through exactly the same things as you and it was horrible, so remind yourself of all the people in your life who love and care about you, and I'm sure they will all help you get through this. Stay strong, keep your chin up and enjoy everything in your life that has been going well so far. If you need to talk, PM me and I can return the favour after you spoke to me.

ReputationRep:
    Aw that's so sweet, dw i'm happy so you should be too! I've never proper talked to you so it would be good to get to know you but your cute quotes are just lovely!
    Haha, thanks. I'm glad to hear that you're happy. Thank you, you seem like a really lovely person and it would be great to get to know you too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Haha, thanks. I'm glad to hear that you're happy. Thank you, you seem like a really lovely person and it would be great to get to know you too.
    Aw thank you

ReputationRep:
    Aw thank you
    You're welcome. You deserve it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asif007)
    I'm really sorry to hear about how you're feeling. As you'll remember from our conversations elsewhere on here, you know that I can sympathise with what a rough time you're going through. It must feel awful having to go through these experiences on your own but at times like this, make sure you keep positive and supportive people around you all the time. Talk to your family, your close friends, even independent counsellors who have nothing to do with your school/workplace. Get away from your usual surroundings for a while and explore somewhere new or stay with family/friends in other places. Keep doing things you enjoy, get some exercise and make sure you eat properly as these will all help improve your mood and keep your spirits high.

I'm not a qualified doctor but from what you've described, it sounds to me like you might have some form of depression. It happens to all of us, especially in the winter so please don't be embarrassed to go and see your GP about this. I've seen my own mother go through exactly the same things as you and it was horrible, so remind yourself of all the people in your life who love and care about you, and I'm sure they will all help you get through this. Stay strong, keep your chin up and enjoy everything in your life that has been going well so far. If you need to talk, PM me and I can return the favour after you spoke to me.
    Thank you for your time and helping me!
    I'm not like this all the time it's just days when i over-think situations and they just get to me. I always get emotionally attached as well which doesn't help so i guess i feel really upset about everything bad. I do feel a lot better atm though so i guess it's good - i will probably see my mentor at school tomorrow as lots of people have recommended it and because teachers know me best i guess they can support me as well. I hope you are ok too, how are you feeling?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your time and helping me!
    I'm not like this all the time it's just days when i over-think situations and they just get to me. I always get emotionally attached as well which doesn't help so i guess i feel really upset about everything bad. I do feel a lot better atm though so i guess it's good - i will probably see my mentor at school tomorrow as lots of people have recommended it and because teachers know me best i guess they can support me as well. I hope you are ok too, how are you feeling?
    Happy to help.

I know what you mean, it's easy to get emotionally invested in something and then feel shattered after you're let down. I went through the same with my degree course. I don't know all the details about what happened to you but if you're going through a break-up, just remind yourself of all your own strengths and what the other person is losing out on. You're a young person, you have so much to look forward to and so many things to keep yourself healthy for. It's good you're going to see your teachers but just be aware they might not be able to do as much for you as a doctor might. Teachers do know you best but they have to be detached too and aren't allowed to get emotionally involved. If you feel worse or that you're not getting better, I'd highly recommend seeing your GP.

I'm ok, thanks for asking. I have been better but it's a real struggle having no direction in my life and this stupid unfinished degree still hanging over my head when there are other things I want to pursue. I'm having to put my life on hold for a job I don't want to do and I just keep soldiering on, looking forward to the day when I can finally give it all up and put my full energy into my own ambitions. Something I would also suggest to you - keep your dreams and hopes alive, don't let them get swallowed up by your low mood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asif007)
    Happy to help.

I know what you mean, it's easy to get emotionally invested in something and then feel shattered after you're let down. I went through the same with my degree course. I don't know all the details about what happened to you but if you're going through a break-up, just remind yourself of all your own strengths and what the other person is losing out on. You're a young person, you have so much to look forward to and so many things to keep yourself healthy for. It's good you're going to see your teachers but just be aware they might not be able to do as much for you as a doctor might. Teachers do know you best but they have to be detached too and aren't allowed to get emotionally involved. If you feel worse or that you're not getting better, I'd highly recommend seeing your GP.

I'm ok, thanks for asking. I have been better but it's a real struggle having no direction in my life and this stupid unfinished degree still hanging over my head when there are other things I want to pursue. I'm having to put my life on hold for a job I don't want to do and I just keep soldiering on, looking forward to the day when I can finally give it all up and put my full energy into my own ambitions. Something I would also suggest to you - keep your dreams and hopes alive, don't let them get swallowed up by your low mood.
    I hope you get to find a job soon in UAE if it's pointless you staying here
    thanks for all your support - it means a lot

ReputationRep:
    NEVER underestimate headaches, go get your blood test, check if everything is in the right level.

Most diseases have headache symptom - not saying that you are sick or something and please don't get me wrong

Talk to your parents or loved ones about any problems you face, make a solution for every obstacle you come across.

ReputationRep:
    I hope you get to find a job soon in UAE if it's pointless you staying here
    thanks for all your support - it means a lot
    Haha, I wish I could walk into a job in the UAE but that's not going to come until several years down the line. For now, I'm stuck here so I better get used to it.

No probs, just send me a PM if you want any more advice.

ReputationRep:
    In the past couple of weeks, I've been wanting to cry all the time because I feel so crappy. There's so much going on in my life at the moment which is probably why I feel so dreary; i just want to hide in a corner and disappear because I feel like I'm no use to anyone or anything - I don't know what is wrong with me because I've never felt like this before.
    I keep getting constant headaches but I don't know why because I get enough sleep.
    I'm not sure what the point of this thread is so I'm sorry if I've wasted your time, if you're going through this weirdness let me know how you cope because I'm struggling and I am afraid I'm going to fall apart which i don't want.
    I've tried cheering up and dragging through every day but I feel like I can't stand up let alone move on - my eyes are absolutely aching and I feel awful
    It's such a shame you feel so low; i can relate to so many things you say, i understand how you feel. Do reach out to me, maybe we can privately talk about this, if you want to.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.