Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm Finished. The Uni is finished too. Social crisis. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hilrho)
    I wish I could bury myself in work and studying. However I can't focus, I can't even focus while Im watching a movie because all that goes on in my head are the horrible things that I've been through for the past 1.5 years, which is why I've suffered through severe depression and has severely affected my studies. So my question is how were you able to focus? Because I'd really like to stop thinking about everything and bury myself in my studies too.

Btw I just clicked on your profile and it says you're a English teacher - I too want to eventually become a teacher! I currently tutor IGCSE economics and accounting but would really like to become a qualified teacher one day!
    It's hard. Honestly, I only got my focus back after I was put on antidepressants. Before that, I found I could focus for a few hours or even days, but after that I kind of lost it. That's why I dropped out of college so many times.

If this is really affecting your studies and work, don't rule out counselling as an option. I know it seems like weakness if you can't deal with it on your own, or maybe you don't believe it will work, I thought all these things too. But it really put my life back on track. It's how I am where I am now.

Anyway, you shouldn't bury yourself in work to escape, you should do it because you want to do it, and to help you succeed. I guess that's why I could never truly focus for a long period of time before. You need to prepare yourself emotionally, and be really ready to change.

(Original post by CCC75)
    OP, have you knocked the door of the new flatmate, 1) to introduce yourself, and 2) to check on the wellbeing of another student that may be feeling as isolated as you?
    I wish i would but it has gotten increasingly worse with me being an outsider in halls.

I've realised the new flatmate doesn't even put food in her cupboard :confused: so it does look like a strange case.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.