Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Nay
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Did we just abolish adoption without me realising?
    Adoption is an option. If a couple want a child but don't want to adopt then they shouldn't adopt.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Did we just abolish adoption without me realising?
    People should be allowed to have their own children. It should be their choice. If I was in that situation personally, I would adopt, but I strongly believe that IVF should be available on the NHS and I will not be changing that stance, as there are many people that cannot afford IVF for a sustained period of time, and will want to have their own child.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Well, it does. Short dicks can't reach in far enough so the probability of successful insemination decreases.
    Ejaculate into a cup, use a syringe and do it that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    No Rakas. Not dramatism. 48% of young transgender people attempting suicide. Forty. Eight. Percent. It's hard enough without being denied medical treatment recognised as a necessity, trust me on that one.
    Those attempting suicide would no doubt be treated just like any other person with a mental health issue. A lot of suicide attempts are actually unsuccessful.

(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    You really do have a knack of choosing the wrong words - it makes it sound like you'd go down to the livestock market and take part in some sort of auction.
    Ha. Adoptable inventory would actually be more apt.

But we do have a lot of adoptable children.

(Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Why not all plastic surgeries to remove defects that make people severely unhappy with themselves? The NHS' job is to cure health problems. If someone is genuinely severely depressed to the extent that they are mentally ill because of the shape of their nose for example, that comes under the NHS' remit, and if therapy hasn't worked, the NHS should do the plastic surgery.

It may not have been intended to be affected, but as it is in the majority of cases a voluntary, non-essential, non-urgent operation, it is.
    This is a PMB so its the authors choice but I assume he was just referring to the things in the notes and will make that clearer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Milibanter)
    Ejaculate into a cup, use a syringe and do it that way.
    Genau, Herr Mengele! :facepalm:

Time to go to sleep…
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Well, it does. Short dicks can't reach in far enough so the probability of successful insemination decreases.
    You do realise it takes like 2-3 inches, and well, it's liquid....

I'm not going to go into human biology, I am neither confident nor comfortable enough with the topic
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PetrosAC)

I'm not going to go into human biology, I am neither confident nor comfortable enough with the topic
    You do reapise that <1 inch gets you surgery on the NHS?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    You do reapise that <1 inch gets you surgery on the NHS?
    Nope, I didn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)

Can't be arsed to research it now so I'm not sure either. Anyway, there's also this.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Can't be arsed to research it now so I'm not sure either. Anyway, there's also this.
    Aye, I did see that. It's not the actual length of the penis though.

I think we should leave it here, as I can't see either one of us convincing the other

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Those attempting suicide would no doubt be treated just like any other person with a mental health issue. A lot of suicide attempts are actually unsuccessful.

Ha. Adoptable inventory would actually be more apt.

But we do have a lot of adoptable children.

This is a PMB so its the authors choice but I assume he was just referring to the things in the notes and will make that clearer.
    Except in this case they'd be explicitly denied the treatment they need because it's "non-essential". Thankfully only a minority succeed, but it's besides the point. When nearly half the population are trying to kill themselves, it says a lot about how badly the "conditoon" if we must use a clinical term affects quality of life. It shows exactly why the only treatment for the condition shown to have any rate of success, gender transition, needs to be available to those in that position. It's not a choice to be transgender. Seriously, who on Earth would choose to be? It's something that one way or another just happens and requires treatment and compassion.

ReputationRep:
    This bill requires much more detail. I'd like to see IVF removed, and a big thing no one has picked up on, what about people who through no fault of there own, have a hole in there face for example, under this bill they wouldn't be able to have this corrected. There's also the breast cancer thing, so it's a nay.

ReputationRep:
    Nay, nay, nay a thousand times. The NHS already has plenty of discretion to reject non-essential operations; if anything it should go the other way.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Wellzi)
    This bill requires much more detail. I'd like to see IVF removed, and a big thing no one has picked up on, what about people who through no fault of there own, have a hole in there face for example, under this bill they wouldn't be able to have this corrected. There's also the breast cancer thing, so it's a nay.
    Those would both be covered still I believe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Milibanter)
    Those would both be covered still I believe
    I'm sure some would argue that it's not essential, and thus render such surgery disallowed by the NHS and many private healthcare programmes.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm sure some would argue that it's not essential, and thus render such surgery disallowed by the NHS and many private healthcare programmes.
    It's down to the bill's lack of detail, if it goes to second reading I'm hope that this'll be sorted.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    At least at one point, reconstructive surgery was allowed, also at least under a former defintion (cba looking what the current one is) the guy with a hole in their face would get it
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I stand absolutely against any of these backward 'blame laying' bills. The notes describing what 'lifestyle procedures' are should be in the definitions anyway. Nay.

ReputationRep:
    "Operations due to lifestyle choice" is vague, surely debatably this includes, say, gastric bands.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.