Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Levels of fitness our generation watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squats and milk)
    Sorry, can't see gender symbol on phone.
    👌🏻

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There's a lot more convenience foods/processed stuff these days which is no good for us compared to when our parents were in their teenage years. Also kids these days seem to just play on the xbox and what not and live very sedentary lifestyles compared to people of previous generations.

You can't be obese/fat and very fit surely? what sort of levels of fat/fitness are we talking about here? When I've boxed I'll have spent weeks in camp dragging my weight down to 12st 6lb probably be around 10% BF and then my weight tends to generally be about 13st 4lb 18-20%BF and significantly less fit at any other time but still "generally fit and healthly"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwoTribes94)
    You can't be obese/fat and very fit surely? what sort of levels of fat/fitness are we talking about here? When I've boxed I'll have spent weeks in camp dragging my weight down to 12st 6lb probably be around 10% BF and then my weight tends to generally be about 13st 4lb 18-20%BF and significantly less fit at any other time but still "generally fit and healthly"
    A rugby player like Davey Wilson is an example. He is fat by most standards, but you can't be a forward in rugby union and not be fit.
    Name:  df.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  51.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    Best examples: grease (the movie)!
    In this movie there is this so-called "fatgirl".. have you ever seen her?! That Girl isn't fat at all, not even chubby. She is what we nowadays consider as thin. Always shocking, when I watch that movie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Macel)
    Best examples: grease (the movie)!
    In this movie there is this so-called "fatgirl".. have you ever seen her?! That Girl isn't fat at all, not even chubby. She is what we nowadays consider as thin. Always shocking, when I watch that movie
    thats the generation thing i was talkin bout xxx

ReputationRep:
    No you are wrong, you can be fat and very fit. I bet some of the biggest fattest props in rugby can out run a lot of lean teenagers who spend all day playing xbox and not eating enough. There is no reason why the girl in the pic, presumably you, can't run a mile.
    Maybe you say this girl can run a mile too??
    Name:  11800676536_fe37065534_o.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  548.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    No you are wrong, you can be fat and very fit. I bet some of the biggest fattest props in rugby can out run a lot of lean teenagers who spend all day playing xbox and not eating enough.
    ^This

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aappoolloo)
    He's saying that you can be fat or even obese by most peoples standards but still be fit, which is correct.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know why u guys are hating , she doesn't even look fat. Sure she isn't an athlete but still a decent physique. In terms of her fitness , you can't judge from that picture.

ReputationRep:
    You couldn't possibly tell from a picture.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    A guy ran past me during my marathon at about mile 20 with a beer belly. He was doing his 100th marathon

However if OP is a legit personal trainer then imo you should look the part

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    A guy ran past me during my marathon at about mile 20 with a beer belly. He was doing his 100th marathon

However if OP is a legit personal trainer then imo you should look the part

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you need to up your training hen hun :-) xxx

ReputationRep:
    ewwwww

ReputationRep:
    I am a fat guy, when I had to do 25 laps around a small lake for charity, me and my friend who I was with was the only ones who completed it, the rest stopped less than half way through some after about 4 or 5 laps because despite being thin they were heavy drinkers and smokers and I did neither.

Sure I was out of breath a few times so took a breather, and walked sometimes rather than ran or jogged but I completed it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drbluebox)
    Despite my doctors telling me I am healthy? Even a dietician I saw said what I eat wasnt the problem but because I ate it in one go rather than spread out.

My doctors were actually sctratching their heads at my results saying they didnt make sense.

I do suffer from depression but that isnt health related.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...b48f76d69e.jpg
    s
    Your doctors are fools and should be sued for medical negligence. I'm sorry but if you are obese you are a ticking time bomb. Come back in 10 years and tell us just how healthy you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazjaz)
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...b48f76d69e.jpg
    s
    Your doctors are fools and should be sued for medical negligence. I'm sorry but if you are obese you are a ticking time bomb. Come back in 10 years and tell us just how healthy you are.
    You mean the doctors at different surgeries, doctors at hospital etc.

You do realise I dont drink or smoke and do a lot of walking dont you? You do realise I dont stuff my face with fatty foods every day and such.

I just eat junk.

Meanwhile my thin brother has health issues, my thin relatives have health issues, my thin friends have health issues.

Hey I am now into my 30s with the thickest hair you will see and people compliment me on my skin, my legs, my ass etc my entire weight is on my gut.

ReputationRep:

You do realise I dont drink or smoke and do a lot of walking dont you? You do realise I dont stuff my face with fatty foods every day and such.

I just eat junk.

Meanwhile my thin brother has health issues, my thin relatives have health issues, my thin friends have health issues.

Hey I am now into my 30s with the thickest hair you will see and people compliment me on my skin, my legs, my ass etc my entire weight is on my gut.
    You just eat junk? Oh so do you want a pat on the back for that? Clean and healthy living is a lifestyle and holistic just because you consume one poison and not others doesn't make you any better.

And the fact that your weight is on your gut is even more disconcerting, meaning your internal organs will be at further risk. You are straight up in denial my friend. And in terms of aesthetics it would probably be better as well if some of that was actually on your ass, hips and boobs.

Yes I'm sorry but your doctors seem even more stupid after what you just said. At the age of 30 you should know better as well I'm not going to sugarcoat it and the truth is you do know better but like any addict you will deny and deny, think you can handle it so much better than everyone else, take a few little compliments and run with it, and think that you have it under control but one of these days it will consume you and take away everything you took for granted. The truth is you are out of control. You can deny reality but you cannot deny the consequences.

But it's fine you can continue to live in denial and this limited time just because in your little bubble you have 'thick hair' and your a few 'thin' friends have health issues and people like your 'ass'. If so bookmark this page and come back in 10 years time when the bomb explodes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazjaz)
    You just eat junk? Oh so do you want a pat on the back for that? Clean and healthy living is a lifestyle and holistic just because you consume one poison and not others doesn't make you any better.

And the fact that your weight is on your gut is even more disconcerting, meaning your internal organs will be at further risk. You are straight up in denial my friend. And in terms of aesthetics it would probably be better as well if some of that was actually on your ass, hips and boobs.

Yes I'm sorry but your doctors seem even more stupid after what you just said. At the age of 30 you should know better as well I'm not going to sugarcoat it and the truth is you do know better but like any addict you will deny and deny, think you can handle it so much better than everyone else, take a few little compliments and run with it, and think that you have it under control but one of these days it will consume you and take away everything you took for granted. The truth is you are out of control. You can deny reality but you cannot deny the consequences.

But it's fine you can continue to live in denial and this limited time just because in your little bubble you have 'thick hair' and your a few 'thin' friends have health issues and people like your 'ass'. If so bookmark this page and come back in 10 years time when the bomb explodes.
    You sound like a right meathead

Are you really so moronical to assume I ONLY eat junk, I said it in the context that junk is the only vice i have not that its all I eat.

FYI I rarely eat things like sweets or crisps, I dont drink alcohol, I dont smoke I also do a lot of walking, I have had tests on things like blood sugar, blood pressure and all come back excellent.

Its meatheads like you who think unless people fit into what you want.

For me junk means I drink diet drinks and may get a subway sandwich and maybe a small chicken kebab or chinese curry 2-3 times a week and I may eat a microwave meal once or twice or a scotch pie or something. I just have no roughage as my parents say i.e dont eat fruit, and minimal veg (though salad if my favourite) Hey give me a large portion of chicken salad made for me every day and I wouldnt eat takeaways at all, give me a hand made beef and onion roll and I wont eat a subway, I dont drink coffee, I dont drink energy drinks,

How do you explain how I have low blood sugar, cholesterol, blood pressure etc if I am so unhealthy?

I have days when I basically starve as I am not hungry maybe eating something like a portion of rice and a few biscuits, another time I may cook some beef or chicken and have chopped tomatos and rice with it, another time may make a home mad spag bol with loads of veg chucked in.

ReputationRep:

I just eat junk.

I used to be very overweight and I thought because I felt healthy and didn't smoke or drink that I was healthy. Like you my blood sugar and blood pressure were always ok when tested so I was always under the impression that everything was fine. I decided I was going to lose weight, for aesthetic reasons if I'm honest, but I can't believe how much fitter and healthier I feel. Your body is of course your choice and absolutely none of my business, I just wanted to say that you may think you feel great, but being a healthy weight may help you feel even better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myblueheaven339)
    I used to be very overweight and I thought because I felt healthy and didn't smoke or drink that I was healthy. Like you my blood sugar and blood pressure were always ok when tested so I was always under the impression that everything was fine. I decided I was going to lose weight, for aesthetic reasons if I'm honest, but I can't believe how much fitter and healthier I feel. Your body is of course your choice and absolutely none of my business, I just wanted to say that you may think you feel great, but being a healthy weight may help you feel even better.
    I have started going back to the gym though, I have never liked being overweight as was bulky even when underweight due to my frame.

But the doctors didnt just say normal/low they said cholesterol is low to the point its better than someone who leads a healthy life, they didnt emntion the blood sugar but from my own findings if anything it was on the point where if it was lower it would be dangeous, I also had things like kidney function tests, all good

I dont think im fine but I dont think I am worse than a skinny person who may has a diet of things like alcohol, energy drinks, smokes etc.

I am obese but not clincically , the dietician told me what I listed as my diet wasnt the problem it was that I only eat last thing at night and not spread out i.e I will make mince and tatties with a big enough portion for 2 people, eat nothing else all day and eat that.

Today I ate 2 beef sausages and a sausage roll all day though did microwave a scotch egg and cook 2 chicken burgers but changed my mind but knowing me I will eat them before bed.

I have a unclear diet thats all so whilst I eat junk in terms of not eating meat and veg every day I dont stuff my face with sweets, energy drinks, kebabs etc its a now and again thing I reserve for when I am having a bad day.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.