Turn on thread page Beta

I did pullups with 30kg weights attached and i'm Vegan. AMA watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    Vegan diet, lots of exercise, not eating chocolate, not drinking fizzy drinks, very very little junk food and controlling what I eat :cool:
    Really? You've never mentioned that before..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMilkSheikh)
    40kg would be anorexic. 53kg sounds underweight for an average height guy but if you're comfortable as it is, then fine.
    cool beans . I wouldn't say i'm underweight, but a bit light yes. Now that i've burnt off most of the fat off my body, I need to work on toning up. So am doing weighted training. Since i'm so light normal exercises don't feel very hard because my arms don't have to lift much weight. Hopefully with some weighted training the biceps and body will tone up a bit more

ReputationRep:
    Wow you''re lighter than toonervoustotalk. Height?

Nevertheless that's impressive stuff!

ReputationRep:
    As vegetarian of 20 years 4 of those being vegan (not anymore) this topic makes me cringe. You are skinny as hell dude, as a vegan I was 5'10 and 80kg. I was benching 145kg for reps and squatting 185kg... It's not that hard to gain lean muscle being a vegan and hemp protein is actually better than soya or whey (which I take now - vegetarian) but it tastes like crap which is why I don't take it anymore. You clearly don't eat a lot and as a vegan no matter what people say you have to pay much more close to what you eat to actually keep that muscle.

TL;DR, there are definitely strong vegans, you are not an example of one. You are just a skinny, physically fit person. Stop painting a worse picture of vegans your boasting is making them all look like jokes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ron_trns)
    As vegetarian of 20 years 4 of those being vegan (not anymore) this topic makes me cringe. You are skinny as hell dude, as a vegan I was 5'10 and 80kg. I was benching 145kg for reps and squatting 185kg... It's not that hard to gain lean muscle being a vegan and hemp protein is actually better than soya or whey (which I take now - vegetarian) but it tastes like crap which is why I don't take it anymore. You clearly don't eat a lot and as a vegan no matter what people say you have to pay much more close to what you eat to actually keep that muscle.

TL;DR, there are definitely strong vegans, you are not an example of one. You are just a skinny, physically fit person. Stop painting a worse picture of vegans your boasting is making them all look like jokes.
    You are entitled to your opinion. A lot of my meat eating friends would not agree. Also you know nothing about my doet so don't make sweeping statements about how much I do or don't eat! I eat a lot. Even my heavier, fatter friends are shocked by how much I eat. But either way, i see no need to persuade you, presumably a white caucasian random internet guy, that i'm healthy, so deal with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAre Teh Lejend)
    Muscle is much more dense than fat. People can weigh much less and have muscle mass and look the same size as someone who weighs much more but is just fat

although 110lbs is ridiculously skinny for a 5'8 as OP has stated, so there's definitely something for him to worry about. That isn't lean, that's just calling death.
    Cheers for following me. But why now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proxenus)
    Wow you''re lighter than toonervoustotalk. Height?

Nevertheless that's impressive stuff!
    I lost a KG now i am back to 53kg :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    I lost a KG now i am back to 53kg :cry:
    It's all good man, as long as you eat and work out there's nothing to cry about! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Although the OP is delusional, I do actually know a Vegetarian (not sure if he's vegan or not) who is pretty built.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    Cheers for following me. But why now?
    I just realised that I wasn't following your legendaryness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAre Teh Lejend)
    I just realised that I wasn't following your legendaryness.
    Why thank you.

ReputationRep:
    It's all good man, as long as you eat and work out there's nothing to cry about! :cool:
    True except i dont work out lol

ReputationRep:
    Vegan diet, lots of exercise, not eating chocolate, not drinking fizzy drinks, very very little junk food and controlling what I eat :cool:
    No offence but you must be so thin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RiotGirll)
    the hound rules

Cba to do the maths but are you sure he's that weight at 5"8? I'm 5"6 and weigh 120lb.. and I work out but am pretty skinny. And a woman :lolwut:
    I guess i am winning the underweight contest :lol:
    116lbs and 5'10
    I will start working out in uni

ReputationRep:
    I weigh 70kg and can do ten chin up things on those special holds you find in boldering walls. (There is also one attached to the wall in our house my dad put up about 8 years ago )

But either way, i see no need to persuade you, presumably a white caucasian random internet guy, that i'm healthy, so deal with it
    What the Hell has his race got to do with anything? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    I weigh 70kg and can do ten chin up things on those special holds you find in boldering walls. (There is also one attached to the wall in our house my dad put up about 8 years ago )
    That's nothing, I can hang off the beastmakers on the monos with both middle fingers on the smallest hole and do ten chinups :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Try benching 130kg and squatting 170kg........get rekt

ReputationRep:
    Keyboard warriors everywhere....

Spoiler:
    Show
    jk

ReputationRep:
    Physically strong,
    Emotionally fragile.

PS: you haven't answered me on whether you have ditched quinoa.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.