Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm Muslim, ask me anything (II) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safee5)
    Hello just wanted to ask if a muslim had diabetes back in the days where the only source of insuline was from pigs would they use tht as a treatment or chose to die?
    Yes you can because there is no alternative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hibzish)
    If the hadith is authentic how is it incompatible?
    I know Quran comes first but everything the prophet knows because Allah gave him the knowledge

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not interested in discussion. I believe in my Islam, and you believe in your Islam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TAREQ003)
    5 times alhamdulillah but i try not to miss it even if i am in college.
    When the morning prayer is at around 4am, isn't that timing a little inconvenient for you?

ReputationRep:
    I respect every Religion whether you are Christian, Hindu, Shia, Buddhist, Atheists, Jews, Sikhs... My dad is Imam(Islamic Scholar) he Teaches in Islamic School. I also do Islamic Studies while i go to college.

I am More Than Happy to answer any questions.

Thanks
    i am muslim too but i never understand why men r allowed to marry four times i know that Muhammad PBUH married 4 times
    many non muslims said that islam is sexist n i kinda get pissed off

(Original post by eoe)
    Not interested in discussion. I believe in my Islam, and you believe in your Islam
    What do you meen my islam and your islam?
    I was simply asking a question i dont know the answer to.
    Dont post ur opinion if u dont want to discuss it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hibzish)
    What do you meen my islam and your islam?
    I was simply asking a question i dont know the answer to.
    Dont post ur opinion if u dont want to discuss it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.............
    I can post my opinion and I dont need to discuss. We live in a democracy and not in Saudi Arabia.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm also a Muslim I know this is the most basic question ever but what is the main reason behind no relationships(bf/gf)? And how do people then want to get married? They must be close or so, right? And how can you try to keeping praying 5 times a day. thx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    i am muslim too but i never understand why men r allowed to marry four times i know that Muhammad PBUH married 4 times

I've never understand the topic either - how can you love 4 women at once?

ReputationRep:
    What's your favourite pizza topping?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alishba-rosex)
    exactly... n i never understand this, why can't women marry 4 times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.............
    I can post my opinion and I dont need to discuss. We live in a democracy and not in Saudi Arabia.
    Even though i do agree with you, he was simply asking a question. No need to be a b****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EastGuava)
    When the morning prayer is at around 4am, isn't that timing a little inconvenient for you?
    Not really depending on the season but now the Fajr prayer is at 6:20. which i pray it at home. this is the best time coz i don't have go back to sleep and than go college.

ReputationRep:
    One for everyday of the week, and the other three days can be the resting day.:smug:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm also a Muslim I know this is the most basic question ever but what is the main reason behind no relationships(bf/gf)? And how do people then want to get married? They must be close or so, right? And how can you try to keeping praying 5 times a day. thx
    They say it will lead you to commit zina( pre-marital sex) which is a major sin and also i can't answer that since i don't even pray 5 times a day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nverjvlev)
    you read islam??
    What do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ya Dunno)
    One for everyday of the week, and the other three days can be the resting day.:smug:

But that's not true love, it's a fling.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean?
    that's what you said originally?

why are you a muslim, I'm just interested. could be me being dyslexic but I really don't understand your original reply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salient_Drive)
    They say it will lead you to commit zina( pre-marital sex) which is a major sin and also i can't answer that since i don't even pray 5 times a day

Thanks for the info and I try to pray too. But what if the people were sensible and mature? What if they didn't commit zina? Would they still be acceptable if they loved each other? (lool my questions are so random)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    Cos at his time he married more than 1 wife to support them financially and to care for them. It isn't compulsory for men to do that, but if they are doing it for a good cause like giving them food etc and treating them equally and well then it's fine. However nowadays I have not seen one man who has married more than one wife or has married more than one and treated them well. Nowadays men would just mess about and taking advantage and obviously the wives would be jealous.

Women can't do this however because they can get STD for example. Plus men can be overcome with jealousy which could be a rowdy situation and if one day the 4 men gang up on their one wife then it wouldn't look pretty.

Furthermore it can be exhausting to have a baby then raising them and then your second husband wants a baby and then you go through the same thing and so on-it's unhealthy.

It's better for the Muslim woman to marry a Muslim man cos she can be guided or learn more about the religion, and if they had children it would be easier to raise their children as Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geniequeen48)
    Cos at his time he married more than 1 wife to support them financially and to care for them. It isn't compulsory for men to do that, but if they are doing it for a good cause like giving them food etc and treating them equally and well then it's fine. However nowadays I have not seen one man who has married more than one wife or has married more than one and treated them well. Nowadays men would just mess about and taking advantage and obviously the wives would be jealous.

Women can't do this however because they can get STD for example. Plus men can be overcome with jealousy which could be a rowdy situation and if one day the 4 men gang up on their one wife then it wouldn't look pretty.

It's better for the Muslim woman to marry a Muslim man cos she can be guided or learn more about the religion, and if they had children it would be easier to raise their children as Muslims.
    women can b jel too if she sees her man with other wives
    i know that Muhammad married coz he was helping them
    however i dunno if it says in Quran that u can only marry another women if u trying to help her
    n as far as i know people marry in islam to have kids not to help them financially and even if their intention is to help them they will still fell in love and have kids

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2017
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.