14.71%
    2.94%
    8.82%
    X
    11.76%
    Z
    0%

(Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Why do people so badly want to waste our polls on useless information, at least have them on something relevant such as more refined political position

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Perhaps there should have been a demographic survey, that include something like this, it would make it less of a 'waste'.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Is it psychological or have genetics failed you.
    Probably partly to do with an extreme conservative religious upbringing and the fact I never really saw the appeal in sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nebelbon)
    Perhaps there should have been a demographic survey, that include something like this, it would make it less of a 'waste'.
    Yeah one with everything. Ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, education attainment, nationality, religious views, income etc.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by nebelbon)
    I disagree, these polls should be relevant and give us useful information. Knowing the demographics doesn't really tell us anything important, however, I may wish to hold a poll to get a rough idea of opinions before, say, committing a day or two to writing a bill, well, I would if we didn't waste them all on pointless demographic polls that are neither here nor there and tell us nothing of importance or relevance to happenings in the MHoC, either current, recent, or coming.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    Yeah one with everything. Ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, education attainment, nationality, religious views, income etc.
    I would like to see you get all that info in 16 options.

I would like to see you get all that info in 16 options.
    A google form would be sufficient.

(Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    Yes that's what I was thinking.

ReputationRep:
    Gayer than 6.

ReputationRep:

Purely heterosexual. I accept homosexuals however the thought of sexual relations with another man is revolting.

I don't understand why people can be x or z either.
    I've explained z. X just means you don't experience sexual attraction to others. Pretty simple really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    I've explained z. X just means you don't experience sexual attraction to others. Pretty simple really.
    I don't understand how people cannot experience sexual attraction.

I do hope it's a psychological issue because having a weak or non-existent instinct to breed with another human is a major genetic failing.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I don't understand how people cannot experience sexual attraction.

I do hope it's a psychological issue because having a weak or non-existent instinct to breed with another human is a major genetic failing.
    It's more nurture then nature I belive. But it's not a failure at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    It's more nurture then nature I belive. But it's not a failure at all.
    What do you think the biological point of existence is? Propagation of the species.

Personally i find the types who don't want children but are perfectly healthy to be weird, creating a genetic dynasty is extremely attractive to me.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    What do you think the biological point of existence is? Propagation of the species.

Personally i find the types who don't want children but are perfectly healthy to be weird, creating a genetic dynasty is extremely attractive to me.
    I dont think that there is any point to existence other then the point you give to your own existence.

The world is overpopulated, I think that people who don't have children of their own but adopt instead are morally superior. The idea that you are so perfect that. Your genes deserve to continue is the ultimate in foolhardiness.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader

I think it's a mistake to conflate purpose with biological desires or happenstance without there being a clear reason for why these should be connected. Organisms reproduce because the ones that don't don't stick around, so of course if you look at any organism, chances are it has some persistence mechanism. In other words, it's a selection bias. There's nothing to say that persistence is a good thing or the correct thing for an organism to do.

ReputationRep:
    Do you believe homosexuality is a biological failure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Do you believe homosexuality is a biological failure?
    Not really because you still have sexual attraction and therefore likely have some instinctual desire to breed. It's that through psychology your attracted to the wrong gender.

If homosexuality is genetic then it would be a biological failure.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    X, even though I am currently in a relationship.

EDIT: to explain: I am a heteromantic asexual.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Airmed)
    X, even though I am currently in a relationship.
    Airmed : an expert in making sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Airmed : an expert in making sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I edited my post to explain it,but I will explain a bit more.

Basically, I like having a romantic relationship, but I am not in it solely for sex. It doesn't matter to me if I have sex or not. It's more for affection, intimacy and companionship. I have some very odd views on sex and don't believe you necessarily need it in order to have a brilliant relationship.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Airmed)
    I edited my post to explain it,but I will explain a bit more.

Basically, I like having a romantic relationship, but I am not in it solely for sex. It doesn't matter to me if I have sex or not. It's more for affection, intimacy and companionship. I have some very odd views on sex and don't believe you necessarily need it in order to have a brilliant relationship.
    I do experience physical attraction, and can quite enjoy that side to a relationship, but perhaps not as strongly as others, as it is not an absolute necessity for me. I agree that affection, intimacy and companionship are a lot more important.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.