Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I don't love him as much as he loves me (HELP) watch

ReputationRep:
    If it's not right for you, then it's absolutely ok for you to end things. I understand that you don't want to hurt him, but the thing is that sometimes these things are unavoidable. He shouldn't be pressuring you to change and if this relationship is going to last you both need to be happy. If you aren't, ending things sooner rather than later will prevent things getting too far and will be easier on both of you come to finish. Sometime it's possible for all the things he does for you to seem a bit much, and you might feel that, as lovely as he may be, you can feel a bit smothered. So I'd say go with your gut instinct, and you'll end up making the right decision for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily.97)
    I dont like the sound of him putting pressure on you to change. If you're in a relationship with somebody, they should accept you for who you are.

I know what it feels like to be trapped, i can wholly relate to this. Even though you're aware it will hurt him, it is equally bad to tell him you love him if you don't. He deserves the truth and you deserve freedom from a partnership that is leaving you feeling isolated like this.

I think you should consider leaving.
    I don't understand the notion of if you're in a relationship with someone you should be happy with whatever they want to do. It's nonsense. nobody is perfect and if you are in a relationship with someone that would suggest you are at least somewhat friendly with them - somewhat invested in them emotionally. surely you want them to live their life as best as possible? Imagine if they started doing drugs. Why would I be wrong for trying my earnest to get them to get that stupid idea out of their head?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing but perhaps you should have said you weren't ready. Probably best if you are honest and tell him that you don't want a relationship otherwise in the long run he will be more hurt if you let this continue like this.
    Thought you were about to belt out Bastille right then...

(Original post by Kanairee)
    If it's not right for you, then it's absolutely ok for you to end things. I understand that you don't want to hurt him, but the thing is that sometimes these things are unavoidable. He shouldn't be pressuring you to change and if this relationship is going to last you both need to be happy. If you aren't, ending things sooner rather than later will prevent things getting too far and will be easier on both of you come to finish. Sometime it's possible for all the things he does for you to seem a bit much, and you might feel that, as lovely as he may be, you can feel a bit smothered. So I'd say go with your gut instinct, and you'll end up making the right decision for you
    You are completely right, I felt so suffocated :/ I have written everything down that I feel so the breakup will be honest and no negative feelings will be left behind

(Original post by The Blue Axolotl)
    Thought you were about to belt out Bastille right then...
    who doesn't love a bit of bastille
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You are completely right, I felt so suffocated :/ I have written everything down that I feel so the breakup will be honest and no negative feelings will be left behind

who doesn't love a bit of bastille
    Just do it now if you are unhappy, no point dragging it on further.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.