Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know is there will be a law offer holder open day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by genevieveee)
    Anyone know is there will be a law offer holder open day?
    Yes I got an email 2 days ago inviting me to one on the 23rd of March!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaJBrady)
    Yes I got an email 2 days ago inviting me to one on the 23rd of March!
    Really? That's strange, I didn't get one. If you don't mind, can I have the details?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by genevieveee)
    Really? That's strange, I didn't get one. If you don't mind, can I have the details?
    Yeah no worries- all the email said that it was a post offer open day on the 23rd of March beginning at 13.00. There was no details of what we would be doing which I thought was strange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaJBrady)
    Yeah no worries- all the email said that it was a post offer open day on the 23rd of March beginning at 13.00. There was no details of what we would be doing which I thought was strange.
    I see, thanks! Yeah it's really strange how UCL seems to be pretty quiet after giving us our offers as compared to other universities sending informational emails and invitations to open days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by applying2skool)
    Course: Law with French Law LLB
    IB grades (achieved): 38 overall with 7-6-6 in HL subjects
    IB grades (pending retake of an exam): 40-42 overall with 7-6-6 in HL
    LNAT score: completed, waiting for result (last year's score: 25)
    Current status: Application acknowledged

Good luck guys
    how did it go??

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone of you talk to a current student in Law at UCL ??

ReputationRep:
    AS- 2 As
    Predicted- 4 A*s
    GCSE- 11A*applied for law with german law and just got rejected lol didnt even give me a readon and i felt that the LNAT went fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingKet)
    AS- 2 As
    Predicted- 4 A*s
    GCSE- 11A*applied for law with german law and just got rejected lol didnt even give me a readon and i felt that the LNAT went fine
    Wow. What could have went wrong??!!

ReputationRep:
    AS- 2 As
    Predicted- 4 A*s
    I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm reapplying, I was meant to start last year, but I missed the grades thanks to AQA screwing up my English (I have what I need now, but my remark came back after the deadline.)

Where else did you apply? I'm sure you'll get a place at a great uni with those grades, I can't understand why you didn't get a place!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jedwards)
    I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm reapplying, I was meant to start last year, but I missed the grades thanks to AQA screwing up my English (I have what I need now, but my remark came back after the deadline.)

Where else did you apply? I'm sure you'll get a place at a great uni with those grades, I can't understand why you didn't get a place!
    Im applying to oxford lse kcl and bristol already got an offer from KCL and bristol but im just so demoralised after that ucl rejection should i be invited to an interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    Wow. What could have went wrong??!!
    I dont know my form tutor said that the course I applied for only offers very few places and they only take so many oxbridge applicants so they may have just given offers to 5 or 6 applicants for law with german law

ReputationRep:
    Im applying to oxford lse kcl and bristol already got an offer from KCL and bristol but im just so demoralised after that ucl rejection should i be invited to an interview
    I can imagine. I did see that you applied for the German course, so that could explain why. I know it's easy for me to say, but don't let it get you down - you're clearly a strong applicant as KCL and Bristol have made you offers, and they are both great law schools (I've applied to both of them as well, still waiting to hear.)

You've still got Oxford and LSE to hear from, and it goes without saying that they're fantastic. UCL can be weird, especially for the Law combined with a language courses due to the extremely limited places. Could you not request to be considered for the standard Law course instead?

Best of luck with the others, I'm sure you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    When did KCL give you an offer???

ReputationRep:
    Around 10 November. Also got an invitation to an interview at Oxford just then

ReputationRep:
    I can imagine. I did see that you applied for the German course, so that could explain why. I know it's easy for me to say, but don't let it get you down - you're clearly a strong applicant as KCL and Bristol have made you offers, and they are both great law schools (I've applied to both of them as well, still waiting to hear.)

You've still got Oxford and LSE to hear from, and it goes without saying that they're fantastic. UCL can be weird, especially for the Law combined with a language courses due to the extremely limited places. Could you not request to be considered for the standard Law course instead?

Best of luck with the others, I'm sure you'll be fine
    Thanks! However, I'm not sure if I would like to go to a university which felt that I'm just not the right candidate for them. Also, KCL offers the same course so I'm not too worried about it. Besides, just received an invitation to an interview!!

ReputationRep:
    Course: Law LLB
    AS Grades (achieved): AABB
    A2 Grades (predicted): A*AA
    LNAT: completed, waiting for the result.
    Current status: offer
    I know this was a long time ago but do you mind saying what your GCSE grades were? I'' in the same boat as you were now!!

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer yesterday for M100 Law.

GCSEs: A*AAAABBBBCCC
    AS: Distinction* + AAB
    A2 Predicted: Distinction* + A*A*A

ReputationRep:
    congratulations! may i ask when did you send your application? also do you know when will we receive our LNAT scores?
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    I got an offer yesterday for M100 Law.

GCSEs: A*AAAABBBBCCC
    AS: Distinction* + AAB
    A2 Predicted: Distinction* + A*A*A

ReputationRep:
    I just got an unconditional offer from UCL. I took the IB and my predicted grades were 44. I think the LNAT went pretty well.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.