Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Gears265)
    young lefties like you have no right to be on this soil
    Well technically, they do since as far as I'm aware, there isn't a law banning left-wing people from being British citizens.

ReputationRep:
    no
    its their job, i dont care
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Nah, instead I prefer to let my stubble grow into a scruffy beard (...I'm brown, so this does me well) and sneer at overweight, space cadet poppy sellers.

P.S. I don't actually. But soldiers fought for my freedom to be able to do as I wish where it does not harm others, so why are people given a second look for not wearing a poppy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    no
    its their job, i dont care
    Deep bruv. But on a more serious note we wouldn't have wars and all this BS if there didn't exist right wing nuts in the first place, so all the right wing TSRers on here should look into the mirror on remembrance day and realise that they are part of the problem. If their attitudes and beliefs didn't exist in society, we wouldn't have war, hunger, rape, murder and all the horrible things that have happened in the past and will happen in the future. Hitler was a fascist right wing nut. It's a fine line between being right wing (many TSRers) and becoming another Hitler.

ReputationRep:
    nah - I dont like the sentiment that just because I don't buy a plastic flower it means that apparently I don't care about the soldiers of WWI. I consider it monopolistic-entitlement on the part of this charity - what about all the other charities that may have equal or even further legitimacy? why am I supposed to *definitely* buy a poppy but not donate to, say, amnesty international?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    Deep bruv. But on a more serious note we wouldn't have wars and all this BS if there didn't exist right wing nuts in the first place, so all the right wing TSRers on here should look into the mirror on remembrance day and realise that they are part of the problem. If their attitudes and beliefs didn't exist in society, we wouldn't have war, hunger, rape, murder and all the horrible things that have happened in the past and will happen in the future. Hitler was a fascist right wing nut. It's a fine line between being right wing (many TSRers) and becoming another Hitler.
    Yeah, because nobody on the left has ever been violent... Get off your high horse.

Human nature is the problem, not politics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Yeah, because nobody on the left has ever been violent... Get off your high horse. .
    I am not on a high horse :lolwut:

Human nature is the problem, not politics.
    It is a problem of human nature and it becomes a problem of politics, because people with this type of 'bad' human nature tend to gravitate towards right wing ideologies.

ReputationRep:
    I am not on a high horse :lolwut:

It is a problem of human nature and it becomes a problem of politics, because people with this type of 'bad' human nature tend to gravitate towards right wing ideologies.
    You are. You're extolling this fake narrative that because you're on the left you're above violence and you're sneering down on 'lesser' people who don't share your views. You're presenting the notion you're better than them.

You are the epitome of self righteous and arrogant.

And as I said above and you conveniently ignored, people of both political spectrums cause wars. Don't bring this down to a right v left issue, it makes you look incredibly foolish and naive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Well technically, they do since as far as I'm aware, there isn't a law banning left-wing people from being British citizens.
    Morally they have no right since they hate everything about this country, it's people, it's culture, it's history, everything. They side with our enemies in all circumstances
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Gears265)
    Morally they have no right since they hate everything about this country, it's people, it's culture, it's history, everything. They side with our enemies in all circumstances
    When you say "they hate everything about this country", do you mean "they have a capacity for freedom of thought so feel they have a right to valid criticism of this country"? I'm fine living in the UK, that doesn't mean I have to love everything about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Why are/aren't you wearing a poppy for remembrance day?
    I'm really quite horrified at the number of people who claim they're a waste of money. Tight fisted sods... I will be wearing a poppy this week, in fact I wear one for most of November.
    Why? To honour all those who made my life possible, I have Jewish roots, had my grandparents who escaped the Nazis during WW2, not safely been guarded by the brave men and women on the home front and in the skies, then there is a very real possibility that I wouldn't be here today.
    I also wear my poppy to honour the five generations of military service in my family, who served loyally, father and son, side by side during the Battle of the Somme and many other conflicts.
    So I take it very personally when people don't wear them; I am always for personal choice, but not when you refuse to acknowledge the bravery of men and women who ensured your survival and our survival as a human race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Which war was it? WW2?
    World War 2 it was- all of my family who saw active service in the first World War came back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PalindromeGirl)
    I am always for personal choice, but not when you refuse to acknowledge the bravery of men and women who ensured your survival and our survival as a human race.
    Right, because it's impossible to acknowledge them without buying a poppy :rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm really quite horrified at the number of people who claim they're a waste of money. Tight fisted sods... I will be wearing a poppy this week, in fact I wear one for most of November.
    Why? To honour all those who made my life possible, I have Jewish roots, had my grandparents who escaped the Nazis during WW2, not safely been guarded by the brave men and women on the home front and in the skies, then there is a very real possibility that I wouldn't be here today.
    I also wear my poppy to honour the five generations of military service in my family, who served loyally, father and son, side by side during the Battle of the Somme and many other conflicts.
    So I take it very personally when people don't wear them; I am always for personal choice, but not when you refuse to acknowledge the bravery of men and women who ensured your survival and our survival as a human race.
    Survival of the human race is probably pushing it a bit considering our allies were the ones to drop nukes but kk.

ReputationRep:
    So you're not always for person choice, don't lie to people.
    You now infringe on their personal liberty, forcing them to support something they might already do, or don't for a number of reasons, as evident in this thread.
    Also, to the first part, don't be so sensitive.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Well I do believe its important, it is a sensitive thing for me and I still feel that everyone should wear one.

ReputationRep:
    You are. You're extolling this fake narrative that because you're on the left you're above violence and you're sneering down on 'lesser' people who don't share your views. You're presenting the notion you're better than them.

You are the epitome of self righteous and arrogant.

And as I said above and you conveniently ignored, people of both political spectrums cause wars. Don't bring this down to a right v left issue, it makes you look incredibly foolish and naive.
    You made all that stuff up. Whatever mate.

ReputationRep:
    You made all that stuff up. Whatever mate.
    If you honestly believe that no left leaning leader in history has ever started a fight, then fine.

You're wrong. But fine.

Just don't go preaching that you're better than others. You're just as argumentative as those people on the right you enjoy belittling so often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    many brave Irishmen sacrificed their lives in the First and Second World Wars.
    Ye, some of them fighting 'us'.

Easter uprisings of 1916.

If world war one was to fight against empire builders in Europe how were Irishmen not justified in rebelling against British rule? How it any different from fighting against Germany extending it's borders?

Follow the example fo your Queen.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...er-Rising.html

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.