Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

please please PLEASE help me watch

Announcements

(Original post by redferry)
    I know from experience that really effects your mood!!!

Weetos are where it is at, and try and eat more eggs
    oh i didnt know that! okay yeah i'll try to eat weetos and eggs thank you!

ReputationRep:
    What subjects are you doing?

And I'd say apples

ReputationRep:
    If you are being abused, speak to the child protection person at your college (even if you are now 18 they have a duty of care to you.) If it is really bad, you really do not have to put up with it and they may be able to put you into care or a safe house.

(Original post by H.A.)
    What subjects are you doing?

And I'd say apples
    chemistry biology and computing

i love apples i'll try them

(Original post by Wimbs)
    If you are being abused, speak to the child protection person at your college (even if you are now 18 they have a duty of care to you.) If it is really bad, you really do not have to put up with it and they may be able to put you into care or a safe house.
    it's already bad enough... i'm almost out anyway there's no point i'm too tired to do anything about it i'm done
    university is almost there... i don't wanna screw everything up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't know what to do. I am feeling very mentally exhausted - so much so that I am physically unwell. Like I am constantly lethargic and cannot do anything. I have been very unproductive - I'm doing my A2s this year and time is very precious but I can barely drag myself to school and back - and when I'm at home I'm mostly sleeping. Sometimes I don't even have energy to eat so I just sleep and end up living on lunch only for like 3 days before I realise that I need to have dinner because I am starving. I can't sleep at night and can't wake up in the morning.

This has been happening since the beginning of July - my summer was the worst, I didn't get a break from my AS levels (which exhausted me - waking up at 2am to revise and messing up all my sleep cycles everyday just to get the BBCC i got and got beaten up for because it's not AAAA) because of all the family drama and police reports and abuse and self harm and responsibility I had to put up with all summer and into the school term when things finally... well 'settled down' i guess.

Since then I've tried to get my **** back together and get on with it but I just can't. Even through half-term I tried to take some time to recover but it hasn't worked and I'm so ****ing tired. Because of all of this my attendance has dropped and I'm literally always late and I hate it but I just can't fix it. I've started being better and going to every lesson but the school is still on my case threatening to kick me out. I just need a break but I can't get one.

Point is - how do I get my **** together? What should I do? I've thought about just taking a week off school but I don't want to get kicked out. Someone point me in a direction please PLEASE I can't carry on like this I'M GOING TO FAIL.
    You need to see your doctor and tell them how you are feeling. There might be a very simple answer which could really help you.

Also, please try and have some dinner. Your body is like an engine which needs fuel to keep going. You wouldn't starve your Ferrari of fuel if you needed to do a long journey.

(Original post by Racoon)
    You need to see your doctor and tell them how you are feeling. There might be a very simple answer which could really help you.

Also, please try and have some dinner. Your body is like an engine which needs fuel to keep going. You wouldn't starve your Ferrari of fuel if you needed to do a long journey.
    i'll try... i've got an appointment in 2 weeks for a blood test so i'll ask then - it's just i cant miss anymore school i'll be kicked out
    i had an egg sandwich with some ketchup for dinner today. I'd never starve my ferrari if i had one

ReputationRep:
    i'll try... i've got an appointment in 2 weeks for a blood test so i'll ask then - it's just i cant miss anymore school i'll be kicked out
    i had an egg sandwich with some ketchup for dinner today. I'd never starve my ferrari if i had one
    I know , me neither. You take care and just press the pause button, breathe and keep reminding yourself how well you have done to get to AS stage,lots don't even make it that far....

(Original post by Racoon)
    I know , me neither. You take care and just press the pause button, breathe and keep reminding yourself how well you have done to get to AS stage,lots don't even make it that far....
    awh thank you i'll try

ReputationRep:
    Alright well, feel free to ask if you want any help with the maths side of things in Chemistry (and maybe computing), in this forum if you don't want to PM and I'll try my best to help you get it, fully.

And do let us know if any of the advice is helping!

(Original post by H.A.)
    Alright well, feel free to ask if you want any help with the maths side of things in Chemistry (and maybe computing), in this forum if you don't want to PM and I'll try my best to help you get it, fully.

And do let us know if any of the advice is helping!
    thank you! i appreciate that yeah i'll try the advice out - i've started eating more but no changes yet...i'll give it a few weeks

ReputationRep:
    no seriously, anything in chem right now? Ph Calculations etc?

(Original post by H.A.)
    no seriously, anything in chem right now? Ph Calculations etc?
    hmmm well so far there havent been any A2 calculations

but when we're making standard solutions for colorimetry (mixing 2cm^3 solution with 8cm^3 water (20% concentrated), 4cm^3 solution with 6cm^3 water (40% concentrated) etc so all the final solutions make up 10 cm^3 of liquid) - how would you convert from percentage concentration to molar concentration?

ReputationRep:
    hmmm well so far there havent been any A2 calculations

but when we're making standard solutions for colorimetry (mixing 2cm^3 solution with 8cm^3 water (20% concentrated), 4cm^3 solution with 6cm^3 water (40% concentrated) etc so all the final solutions make up 10 cm^3 of liquid) - how would you convert from percentage concentration to molar concentration?
    I haven't done Colorimetry yet but I'm sure this will help;
    Basically, your solution is mainly made up of water, but you have (let's use HCl as an example) HCl dissolved in it. Now if you have 2 cm3 of 1 moldm-3 HCl. That is 0.002 moles of HCl.

Now no matter how much water I add to this, the AMOUNT of HCl wont change. Concentration however is, moles PER unit volume, which is dm-3 or 1000 cm-3
    This is the calculation you basically do, you take ratios
    Say you made your HCl up to 10 cm3

Note that the amount of HCl wont change so
    You have

Moles : Volume
    0.002 : 10
    x : 1000
    And you'd get x = 0.2 moles

Basically this is saying, if you had 1000 cm3 of that 10 cm3 solution it would have 0.2 moles in it.

Think of it like orange squash.
    You have a jug that is 1 dm cube, (1000 cm3)
    You have ten glasses of 100 cm3.

Now if you add one mole of orange squash in a glass and fill the rest with water you have 1 mole per 100cm3. You add ten glasses like that into the jug you have 10 moles per 1000. If you pour out a glass of that squash it will have 1 mole.
    1 mole per 100cm3 = 10 per 1000cm3 or 0.1 per 1cm3 it's just a measurement of moles per volume. In chemistry we have a theoretical jug rather than a real one.

Now if instead of having ten glasses of squash you put one glass of squash into the jug and 9 of water, you'll still only have 1 mole of squash in the whole jug. 1 mole for every 1000 cm3 of squash. Now when you pour that out you'll have 0.1 mole in a glass. Concentration changes.

So you mentioned percentages..
    Think of it like the jug.
    If you put in 2 glasses of squash and 8 glasses water, that's 20 percent squash, you would get 2 moles in the 1000 cm3, compared to the 10 moles per 1000 cm3 those glasses with the squash(solution) used to be
    I would say, percentage of solution you have is the percentage of concentration you have as well; 20 percent of 10 is 2.

Hope that helps if this doesn't work I'll revise it

(Original post by H.A.)
    I haven't done Colorimetry yet but I'm sure this will help;
    Basically, your solution is mainly made up of water, but you have (let's use HCl as an example) HCl dissolved in it. Now if you have 2 cm3 of 1 moldm-3 HCl. That is 0.002 moles of HCl.

Now no matter how much water I add to this, the AMOUNT of HCl wont change. Concentration however is, moles PER unit volume, which is dm-3 or 1000 cm-3
    This is the calculation you basically do, you take ratios
    Say you made your HCl up to 10 cm3

Note that the amount of HCl wont change so
    You have

Moles : Volume
    0.002 : 10
    x : 1000
    And you'd get x = 0.2 moles

Basically this is saying, if you had 1000 cm3 of that 10 cm3 solution it would have 0.2 moles in it.

Think of it like orange squash.
    You have a jug that is 1 dm cube, (1000 cm3)
    You have ten glasses of 100 cm3.

Now if you add one mole of orange squash in a glass and fill the rest with water you have 1 mole per 100cm3. You add ten glasses like that into the jug you have 10 moles per 1000. If you pour out a glass of that squash it will have 1 mole.
    1 mole per 100cm3 = 10 per 1000cm3 or 0.1 per 1cm3 it's just a measurement of moles per volume. In chemistry we have a theoretical jug rather than a real one.

Now if instead of having ten glasses of squash you put one glass of squash into the jug and 9 of water, you'll still only have 1 mole of squash in the whole jug. 1 mole for every 1000 cm3 of squash. Now when you pour that out you'll have 0.1 mole in a glass. Concentration changes.

So you mentioned percentages..
    Think of it like the jug.
    If you put in 2 glasses of squash and 8 glasses water, that's 20 percent squash, you would get 2 moles in the 1000 cm3, compared to the 10 moles per 1000 cm3 those glasses with the squash(solution) used to be
    I would say, percentage of solution you have is the percentage of concentration you have as well; 20 percent of 10 is 2.

Hope that helps if this doesn't work I'll revise it
    Awh! First of all I wanna say I'm super grateful that you put that much time and effort into helping me out i appreciate it thank you so so so much! I loved the orange squash analogy - I really do understand it now because you broke it down into easy to follow steps with clear instructions so it got through my thick brain Again, thanks so much! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    haha no worries let me know if there's anything else, glad to help

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.