Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

British foreign policy is in crisis? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    That is what dictatorships look like. You said they need that.

Uh, I seem to be becoming more supportive of the Tony Blairs and Christopher Hitchin's of the world. :-/

It's like what Orwell said about the Nazis. Non interventionism eventually becomes the same as supporting them.
    Milkshake is trying to say that until these regimes begin to affect us, it has nothing to do with us. Spending our wealth and sending our men to the Middle East to die for a foreign country is a bizarre thing to support. Would you go out to the Middle East if Israel called you up and said "we've got an issue and don't have a large enough army. gib cannon fodder pls"?

No? Well, you must be an anti-Semite then and the same as the Nazis.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't actually think that. I think the opposite of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wave of Wisdom)
    Milkshake is trying to say that until these regimes begin to affect us, it has nothing to do with us. Spending our wealth and sending our men to the Middle East to die for a foreign country is a bizarre thing to support. Would you go out to the Middle East if Israel called you up and said "we've got an issue and don't have a large enough army. gib cannon fodder pls"?

I'm sort of in no mans land on this.

If, for example, I was called up to help fight with and help the Kurds with their social experiment I would still be terrified but I would feel like I was fighting for sometime worth fighting for. But that would never happen, it would be much more murkier and no I would rather not be Isreal's cannon fodder.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.